No announcement yet.

Be careful buying shoes in Walmart....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful buying shoes in Walmart....

Ok here is the story about my mother buying shoes in Walmart. She is 76 yrs old, kind of slow on the up take, and loves a good dirty joke. Well the joke was certainly on her the other day and she didn't even know it.

She went to Walmart to look for a pair of shoes for my cousin's upcoming wedding. When she gets to the shoe dept. she sees a man nosing around in the women's shoes. He looks to be in his mid fifties...which is around the same age as my husband...hmmmmm. So the guy walks up to her and says "Hi, would you mind telling me what size shoe you wear?" She replies, "Oh a size 7." He reaches in his cart and pulls out a box of shoes and then asks her if she'd mind trying this pair on. Well my mother thought he as buying a pair for his wife or girlfriend so she said ok. Once she had the shoe on, he reached down and started to massage her toes. (When my mother was telling me this, it was at this point that I started saying OH GOD and didn't stop through the rest of it!) Then he took her foot out and started to massage her arch and said "You really have lovely feet." Then she said that the shoes heels were too high for her and he looked through the shoes on the rack till he found a pair that had a lower heel and had her try one on. He started massaging her toes again and asked her if her husband would like this pair. Then he started to pull up her pant leg and massage her calf!!!! She got embarassed and said she had to go and left. When she got home she called my aunt and told her and said she thought he was making a pass at her so she left. LOL My aunt laughed so hard and had to explain that she'd just been molested by a perv.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: Be careful buying shoes in Walmart....

...just... wow. 76 years old? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Icemage

Comment

Cry >< you know you want to.
      My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
      Originally posted by Balfree
      Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Has it occurred to you your mother's feet may be hot? At least to weird 55 yr old men. Who knows? Maybe your mom is hot. To the same demographic, sure, but someone's looking...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
          ...just... wow. 76 years old? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Icemage
          Go ahead and laugh! We all had a good laugh over it, even my mother. It just creeped me out to know that there are people like that out there. I told her NO MORE WALMART! Good lord I'll take her to Macy's and buy her some shoes! LOL
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Well, there goes my appetite.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Yeah, this is when you tell them to back the fuck off, not sheepishly go away.

There are probably half a dozen people at that store with the ability and willingness to toss the bastard out.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                There are probably half a dozen people at that store with the ability and willingness to toss the bastard out.
                Too bad the one getting molested isn't one of 'em.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                ------
                Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Yeah, this is when you tell them to back the fuck off, not sheepishly go away.
                  Well Feba, if I had been there the outcome would have been totally different. I called the store and finally got the regional manager on the phone. She would have to file a police report he said and my mother would never do such a thing. She is the type of person that will not draw attention to herself so there was really nothing that could be done. The regional manager did call her and apologize but that was about it. I did talk with her and told her Walmart is off limits. I also asked her to PLEASE let me go shopping with her more often and then her stubborn streak kicked in. She is very proud of her independence and does not like to be "mothered", in her words. LOL

Here is a picture of the little (5'2" and 110 lbs) old lady with her 2 great grandchildren. She stopped by today to give my eldest grandson his birthday gift.

Comment

Originally posted by nanatsu View Post
                    Cry >< you know you want to.
                    Actually, it makes me want to ROFL. But I certainly am LOL-ing.

Although, I did feel a bit bad after seeing her photo.

Comment

Really sad how low people stoop, it's kind of a funny story but seeing her pic makes it more real to me, and that makes me kind of /depressed.

Although you can get taken advantage of at any age as a woman, it's a shitty world out there.

Though TGM, Do you think that kind of thing only happens in Wal-Mart? That it's the solution to the problem, that nothing's going to happen anywhere else?

I mean it sucks and yeah I wouldn't want to go back there either, but still. Just isolating that one place isn't going to do much in this crazy world.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                        Although you can get taken advantage of at any age if you let yourself.
                        Fixed.

Honestly, if you aren't willing to at least try to stand up for yourself, you don't get to complain about how other people abuse you. You can't just passively take in the world and then expect others to fix problems you encounter when you should've been protecting yourself.

Comment

Fixed.

Honestly, if you aren't willing to at least try to stand up for yourself, you don't get to complain about how other people abuse you. You can't just passively take in the world and then expect others to fix problems you encounter when you should've been protecting yourself.
                          Has it ever occurred that sometimes, people just might be powerless to help themselves, just sometimes? A 76 year old woman might be hard pressed to fend off a 50 year old man if he decides to get aggressive, her saving grace being that A) he wasn't aggressive, and B) she was in a rather public place. A great many worldwide aren't quite so lucky.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that taking a stand is important, but don't think for a moment that there aren't instances(still alarmingly high for women), that any stand they take simply won't be enough to keep them from being victimized.

Comment

Seriously, even if he was bigger than the Hulk....
                            He can beat me up all he wants, but I won't just stand there doing nothing.

Ps.: Lets not forget though, that this story that was told is rather funny than really serious... I mean come on. It's a little embarrassing and definitely not right but still, touching your feet.. Fact is, she agreed to it in first place.
                            http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
                              Has it ever occurred that sometimes, people just might be powerless to help themselves, just sometimes? A 76 year old woman might be hard pressed to fend off a 50 year old man if he decides to get aggressive, her saving grace being that A) he wasn't aggressive, and B) she was in a rather public place. A great many worldwide aren't quite so lucky.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that taking a stand is important, but don't think for a moment that there aren't instances(still alarmingly high for women), that any stand they take simply won't be enough to keep them from being victimized.
                              I agree,

You have to think differently to what you would do in that position as the scenario above. there are too many variables that could be caused by certain actions or reactions.

Their are some right sick fucks in this world. there have been many incidents here in the uk, the worst happened in October last year in manchester where a 96 year old women was raped and had all her earnigns and jewerly nicked. Now GTM I'm not scare mongering as you I hope will know but it gives a sinister picture of what people can do and you are right to be protective over your mother like that, no matter how stubbon she is, you might need to be stubboner (is that a word?) with her in todays climate. Probably the most difficult task in the world, which was why the saying "you can't teach your mother to suck eggs" came from. (no matter how bizzar that saying is )

I have an 84 year old grandmother who lives on her own 200 miles away on the south coast. I have just put in an application tog et plannign permission (permission to build from the local council / municiple) to extend my parents hosue with a granny flat so she has her own little space she can shut herself in and be on ehr own when he wants, but still has the convieience of family close by as well as local amenities within 100m (as they live next to a small shopping precinct) I do worry about her when she goes shoppign in her town on her own as she can be a very trusting women.

on an asside, people who think he was harmless because that was all he did don't really understand. To me I read it as him testing waters seeing what he could get away with, whether any "inocent" quib or action would draw any attention from nearby people etc. The next step could have been more sinister. I don't know how it is in the US, but here in the Uk we do have too many sick fucks around. (sorry no over way of describing them to put the point across)

Comment

Working...
                              X