Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Being Harassed.....what to do

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
    Other than that just ignore it, it's a game, they can't really do anything to you.
    I really would wish that was true, but even the blacklist doesn't help sometims, because 90% of the time they are going to have friends who are just going to be his pal and harass you too.

Also despite the blacklist i had a guy back on my old server who, whenever i was leveling a low level job, would bring out his 75DRG and start owning all the mobs at the camp. It was very frustrating, and he dual boxed a Bard to help him sleep monsters and all that. I swear some guys have NOTHING better to do.

You shouldn't move servers because it will give them the feeling that they've won and they will feel even better about having absolutely no life and trying to destroy yours.

Its funny one time this guy was harassing me on game, and I called a GM, GM never got back to me, so i started yelling back at this guy telling him to fuck off and all that, so HE called GM and about 10 minutes later i got jailed for harrasment... luckily enough this GM read the previous /tells he sent to me and understood why i would do that but still gave me a warning anyway...

Bleh...

I just want to play the game and not worry about all this...
    62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

Screenshot all harassment /shouts, /say, /tell's (if you're on PC), and post them all.

If nothing else, it'll let other people make fun of that loser and his sorry friends.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Killing monsters to disrupt other player's game is an offense GMs can punish.

Also all those friends can be blisted and reported too. The only way I see this kind of thing really affectiong you is if you were in their end-game ls or something like that. But then again why would you want to remain in a LS with that kind of people.

Edit >

Also, seriously don't fall into their game, this kind of cowardly people (both men and women) try to provoke you to do things so they can then mess with you. If you lose your cool and fall into their game they win, so to speak. Just pretend they don't exist and report/blist them as needed, because they aren't even worth the oxygen they are wasting, much less your time.
        Last edited by Raydeus; 03-12-2008, 01:59 PM.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I wasn't going to go and pontificate, but the urge has overwhelmed me. So, here I go:

Here's the problem. There are people who play this game (and other role playing games) to make up for overinflated personal deficits. Honestly, it's part of the draw of role playing games in general, to "be" someone you otherwise cannot be. Everyone who truly roleplays does this.

The difference between what role-players and these people do is in that when your personal deficits carry over too far into your game, you lose yourself. Your character becomes you, and you can just as easily be injured as if the blows were real. This becomes especially apparent when the blows are emotional, and the injuries personal. Dealing with rejection gracefully is not something some people can handle, in game or real life. The issue, again, is when this particular deficit carries over from real life. The unfortunate reality is that even some of these folk rationalize it within themselves that abusing their rejecter is acceptable, or at least going to bring them peace. Now, of course, neither of these things are true, but they still get effectively efficient at making life difficult for people.

In my experience, the best way to satiate these kind of people is to not make them feel rejected. I stand by my suggestion of a 'peace offering' not because it's a tasty alternative to griefing, but because sometimes subtlety is required for avoiding unnecessary conflict. Threats... generally don't do the trick. What does do the trick is making them feel like they don't need what they think they want. Someone once said "The only thing greater than soaring on the wings of a dream is seeing a delusioned dreamer crash into the sea of reality." Basically, bring their fantasies crashing down, but in a way that they cannot fault anyone but themselves for. Yes, the occasional basketcase will crack and kill everyone in their home, but you can't be responsible for that. ... All joking aside, make things abundantly clear that you are not to be a part of their fantasy in whatever regard they are looking for.

Quite frankly, there are some very fun and creative ways to do just that. I knew a gal who would pretend to be her own "watchful parent" whenever she found someone was going too far. She would vehemently chastise the person for preying on a confused child, but leave things there. People generally do not relate stories to their friends when they are being posed as a sexual predator.

I'm sure you and others can come up with equally fun ways of making them regret their allusions, and so I will digress.
          :: Why can't this crazy love be mine? ::

SEVE - HUME WHM (31) BLM (19) THF (17) WAR (9) MNK (5) RNG (9) BLU (1) BRD (1) DNC (1) NIN (1) :: BAHAMUT

Comment

Working...
          X