Being Harassed.....what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Harassed.....what to do

I met this dude from my old server (Lakshmi) on Phoenix, so I waved and introduced myself because all I knew about him was his name. Right off the bat he tells me some chick is obsessed with him blah blah. Of course I believed him had no other reason not to. Well like a few days later he starts hitting on me and I tell him I'm not interested because just got out of something. Now I got ppl sending me tells /slapping me. He even puts retarded messages for me in his search comment.

I called a GM but they couldn't really do anything because he makes sure to leave out my name. But I decided to talk to the girl who was obsessed with him...turns out he lied. I don't even know what to do now he spreading rumors about me. I play Final Fantasy for fun. The Blist doesn't work if his friends are bothering me. It's like a unending circle. Trying to take the high road and just ignore but now I'm debating on whether to play or not anymore. Anyone got some suggestions?
    → ☆白75☆黒37☆ ←
    ∧____∧
    (≡´。`≡) ニャンニャン♪

♂ ラブストーリー♀

Re: Being Harassed.....what to do

/blacklist every one of his friends that contacts you

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
    DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
    BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
    Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Comment

blacklist him, if need be blacklist the friends. ignore him. don't let some dipshit ruin the game because he's insane.
      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

This reminds me of a gal I once knew. She was crazy like that too. I ended up dating her little sister. That didn't help.

I was gonna put in a suggestion, but I don't think reasoning has much to offer in the circumstance of this kind of person. Perhaps if you offer him tasty pizza snacks as a sort of peace treaty, he'll eat some and go away?
        :: Why can't this crazy love be mine? ::

SEVE - HUME WHM (31) BLM (19) THF (17) WAR (9) MNK (5) RNG (9) BLU (1) BRD (1) DNC (1) NIN (1) :: BAHAMUT

Comment

Originally posted by Tomato_Kai View Post
          This reminds me of a gal I once knew. She was crazy like that too. I ended up dating her little sister. That didn't help.

I was gonna put in a suggestion, but I don't think reasoning has much to offer in the circumstance of this kind of person. Perhaps if you offer him tasty pizza snacks as a sort of peace treaty, he'll eat some and go away?
          lol /comfort. He has a new victim now but for some reason he won't still stop talking about me! I'll just keep screen shotting his junk.
          → ☆白75☆黒37☆ ←
          ∧____∧
          (≡´。`≡) ニャンニャン♪

♂ ラブストーリー♀

Comment

I can't believe how immature some guys are in this game when some chick turns them down. Kids need to let it go, its not your only place in which you can meet chicks... if those really are chicks you're hitting on in-game.

I deal with drama over jilted, rejected little boys just about every other week on another forum I work on. Instead of letting it go, they turn the object of thier affections into the object of thier aggressions.

Pretty girl didn't like you, get over it and move the hell on with your life.

If the problem persists, report the harassment to a GM. However, don't talk back at them, it will just push them to annoy you further.

Comment

I do catch myself looking when a Taru girl runs by me tho

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
              DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
              BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
              Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Comment

There is always server transfer. It shouldn't have to come to that, but if all else fails... I would rather go back to enjoying the game and make new friends.
                FFXIV Balmung Server
                Tenro Matashi
                PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Originally posted by Lambeaus View Post
                  I do catch myself looking when a Taru girl runs by me tho
                  I hit on them. Granted, I am roleplaying a Tarutaru letch. This roleplay ends once the ls event begins or the target wanders out of range, however. There's a difference between roleplay, (which you can shut off when you want to), and serious mental problems, (which you can't). Keep documenting like you are, and if it comes up again, go ahead and report it. Enough GM calls and someone will probably just tell him, "Look dude, please stop." They might not be able to ban him or block his behavior, but they can put the fear of god into him if it starts becoming a habit.

I mod a fetish manga board. You wouldn't believe how desperate some men are. It's to the point where if someone announces that they're female, I'll go ahead and edit that out of their post. It saves me dealing with the horde of crazed idiots I know will soon descend on her. That board could use more women on it as it is, I'm not going to let people scare off the few we already have.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Originally posted by Arris View Post
                    I'll just keep screen shotting his junk.
                    That's really not going to help anything.

Oh, you weren't talking about that.
                    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Mhurron, please never go.

Thread, my advice would be to try to talk to one of his friends when they PM you, hopefully eventually you'll come across someone who is reasonable and they will help you deal with this person. I had something happen like this with someone I knew who was batshit insane, had to talk both sides down somewhat. If that doesn't work, keep documenting all this, and keep calling a GM when this happens. Tell them you have proof. If that doesn't work, take it to one of the larger forums like KI or BG, and hope that even if SE doesn't deal with it, other players will through blacklisting these people themselves and the like.

Comment

It's incredibly strange how men will react toward females. Then again, I never really understood the concept of that sort of thing (as I tend to scare off guys anyway). All I know is that if someone's doing that to you, they really need to get a life. So the girl he wanted to date wasn't interested? Usually men try harder to win the girl over...at least in my experience. They don't treat the person like a piece of dirt.

Since he apparently lied about his last girlfriend dumping him, he definitely must have tried to get your sympathy in hopes of "upping his chances" or something.

I've had a friend that had something like this happen to him, and it even happened to me (the guy in question was actually trying to show up my "other boyfriend" - whom was really only my mentor - but the poor guy only made himself look like a brainless idiot in the end.)

I also find it somewhat funny that people will hit on others in the game. For all they know, the "girl" they're hitting on might really be some 300-pound guy still living in his parents' basement. Just because the character is female doesn't mean the player is. I mean, look at all the manthras. I even have a friend that played a male character, but irl said player was female. When people ask me for my gender, I just ask them why they should care and they usually shut up if they're not total morons.

What to do with that guy: best thing to do is blacklist and ignore him. Call GMs if it keeps up. Server transfer if you really really have to, but it shouldn't come to that.

Comment

I'm actually having sort of the same problem, some guy i turned down months ago now is on some kind of mission to try to ruin my in game life by spreading crap on other forums and on his little online blog, and may even be coming to my server to try to screw with me.

Why do guys do it?

Why can't they just let it go and go on with their life instead of just trying so hard to ruin my life just because i turned them down. DO they not have lives of their own that they have to waste all this time and effort to try to ruin my in game life? Irl i don't even think about it, but in game I don't want some idiot always running around harassing me, stealing mobs when im exping low levels, or spreading lies to linkshells i want to join.

I swear some people have some serious mental issues...

SO yeah, your not alone...
                          62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

Tell them you're a man. Problem solved.

Or just use the blacklist.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                            ------
                            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Replying 1 week later FTW! \(^-^)/

*ehem*

Eh, guys or girls, it's the same thing, when you find someone who gets obsessed about you (or more accurately about the image of you they created in their mind) things can get like this.

I say copy the logs saved on POL to get evidence of the harassment and then call a GM if just blisting them isn't enough.

Other than that just ignore it, it's a game, they can't really do anything to you. But if you really feel you need to get away from it then server transfer is the way to go. (It would require making sure no one knew where you moved and could even involve changing your char's name, the whole witness protection package ) Who knows, you might get to meet good people in your new server.

Just whatever you decide don't let an insignificant insane fool ruin your fun, ever.
                              sigpic
                              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                              X