What's your pet peeve at work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your pet peeve at work?

The title is self-explanatory. It seems that people LOVE to talk about what pisses them off. As the other "What's your pet peeve" threads haven't dipped into the workplace, I thought it could hold its own thread easily.

1. Micro-managing bosses
    2. People that take your stuff out of the refrigerator
    3. That guy that stands next to your cubicle and talks AT you for too long
    ^this one's the worst
    4. No available overtime
    5. Paper running out in the fax/printer (And having to fill it every single G Damn time because apparently every is to busy to do it but you!)
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Re: What's your pet peeve at work?

the fact I have to go to work at all

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

My pet peeve is becoming too many pet peeve threads.

One was cute.
      Two was tolerable.
      Now its getting ridiculous.

You do realize the more prone people become to bitching that it will become the only thing the forum is about, right? Addtionally, Work falls under "Real Life" and we already have a pet peeve for that, thereby making this thread redundant.

Comment

I'm the guy that takes stuff out of the refrigerator after being there for so long and eats it. If you have your name on it, more benefit for me if I don't like you
        Hacked on 9/9/09
        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

If you want to consider work your RL, then go ahead. I won't. Its as far from "me" as VanAdiel is. Besides, nobody bitched about work in the RL thread. Why is that?
          Current Server: Asura
          Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
          Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
          Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
          Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
          Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

I'm with BBQ on this (boy that feels weird). You spend more of your waking life at work than anywhere else, so it should be fine in the RL thread. Plus, it's getting a bit too petty at this point.

If you don't consider your work to have anything to with your RL, then maybe you need a better job.

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
              the fact I have to go to work at all
              QFT.

Not that I'm working at the moment, mind you, but I will be working when I move in order to support my family, and that just bites. I like spending most of my days playing FFXI when I'm not in class.

(Who's gonna start the "What's your pet peeve at school?" thread?)
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Having to watch people make the same goddamn thread over and over again because they have no freaking creativity.

I mean, I don't have a job, but watching you people is a chore sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post

I mean, I don't have a job,
                  Get one your lazy git!

Comment

1. Working 12+ hours a day, 7 days a week with no day off.
                    Also no overtime as its a 'salary' job >.<
                    2. Micro managing 'bosses' that make the work 10 times more difficult than it has to be
                    3. Stupid people that make work even more difficult due to not being able to follow rather simple directions..

and the worst..

4. Getting shot at, mortars, bombs... all that nasty stuff..

Gotta love Iraq...

Comment

The customers

The rest of the job, if they didn't exist, is actually rather enjoyable. I enjoy my coworkers immensely, and we don't have *too* much expected of us.

I just hate the fact that I have to be an actress for 8 hours, and get paid such shit salary. I'd rather not help you, greet you, and no I really don't give a damn that your vacation is next week and you need a GREAT OUTFIT. But, since bills must be paid, and the job market is beyond shit in this area for anything non-retail, I smile and simper and pretend real hard that I like you and care, and for some reason, they buy it because I always do well on my secret shopper reports.

Edit: and no, I don't consider my job my real life. Real life starts when I clock out. The job is just a place they make me go because the people who run the Matrix are cruel, cruel robots.
                      "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

I was more or less going to say what BBQ said.

But in response to the question, it's people.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                        ------
                        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Working...
                        X