No announcement yet.

What's wrong with the world today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's wrong with the world today?

I'm all for people having Religion and to be honest i'm somewhat religious myself. But even i have to admit that religion is the source of most of the pain in this tiny world of ours. I mean if its not Muslim terrorists or the I.R.A ( in case your wondering, was the Christian equivilent of Al-Qihida ) it'll be some poor soul whose been murdered to relieve some sort of maniacs hate on the world from being pushed into something they don't understand. Religion can hurt so many people if you don't go into it open-minded and wise. Take the Muslim religion. So many people have taken stuff out of context there. Allah himself said don't hurt others because they are all my children. But recent Muslim preachers ( I'm saying that like everyones doing it but its a select few ) seem to think that everyone who isn't Muslim needs to die. ( and it may seem that my whole argument is against Muslims but every religion is guilty some way or another ).
    "You said that humanity was a flawed creation, and that people still kill one another for petty jealousy and greed. You said that humanity never asked itself why it deserved to survive. Maybe you don't" Sharon Valerii, Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

I believe, root of things, as a race, humanity isn't ready for any kind of beliefs of the religious kind. It'll just be an endless waltz as long as there is ones for a group to place a banner for. Even amoung others under the same initial banner. To quote Goliath from Gargoyles, "It is the nature of humankind to fear what they do not understand."

Some quotes by Treize Khushrenada i felt that should be included.
      "Consider this a gesture of civility towards Miliardo Peacecraft. Remember this for the future; a war with no civility only gives rise to massacre."

"When wars are dehumanized both victory and defeat become miserable, and God no longer lends a helping hand."
      Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Gundam can GTFO.

Religion? You shouldn't need people to tell you what to feel.

Comment

Religion and Politics.

The two worst casual conversational topics. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
            Religion and Politics.
            Topics that should never come up in polite conversation. They aren't casual topics.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
              Non-UC Gundam can GTFO.
              fucking fixed.

Comment

I just want to say something about this.

(Religion and the people involved in it) != (God)

People way too often forgets Religions are organizations created and run by men and women alone with not a single divinity involved in the process.

Believing in god (any god) is a matter of personal choice, but religions are just social organizations like any other, and have both good and bad things about them like any other type of organization.

/em runs for cover.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

People like this guy is what's wrong with the world today...

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

Originally posted by Telera View Post
                    XD

That's great. We have a winnar.

Now all this thread needs is some of Aksannyi's lolcats.
                    FTFY

As for what's wrong with the world, hmm, I covered pride last time. Oh, I know: my artistic ability. . . . I can't rant about that forever, though.

Oh well. To some Oekaki board somewhere I head with my new Wacom tablet ().
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Working...
                    X