Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Tase Me Bro!

Hello!

Anyone heard of that?! Damn its funny! Words go to the MC Hammer song: Can't Touch This. It's like, dun, dun dun dun, dun dun, dun dun, don't tase me bro, dun, dun dun dun, dun dun, dun dun, don't tase me!

Anyone? No? Oh well...

Evion
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Re: Don't Tase Me Bro!

This doesnt go in general ffxi discussion.

and no, i havent.
    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

original video for those wondering what the hell he's talking about.

it's about 3 minutes in.
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaiWCS10C5s[/youtube]
      ------------------------------------------
      Hammer remix:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzkd_m4ivmc[/youtube]
      Last edited by eticket109; 10-04-2007, 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

How much free time do you have Evion?

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
        ------
        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

More detail on the subject here: http://michellemalkin.com/2007/09/17...n-kerry-forum/

Seems this guy is like the live version of a forum troll, and this incident is just the latest in a string of publicity stunts for the guy. It's kinda messed up that people seem to be taking that information and going "oh, well it's ok then." No it's friggin not ... being a loud, obnoxious attention whore isn't a crime and doesn't forfeit one's right to free speech in a public forum.

Kerry actually takes it in stride and goes on to answer the guy's question (while he's getting dragged off by the cops and tased -.- but it seems like whatever school official was running the thing wanted to "silence" him by cutting off his mic and having him removed. I hope they're happy that in trying to quash this little schoolyard stunt they ended up with a national controversy in their laps instead.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

It was on UF's campus, it's private property, not public. You don't have freedom of speech on private property.

Example, if you were in a movie theator and starting screaming crap for no apparent reason in the middle of the movie what would happen? Your ass be hauled out.

He got his 15 minutes of fame, they told him repeatedly to calm down or he will be tasered, he kept resisting. Guess what? He got juiced, imagine that.
            "<dsbnh|VC> saw chocolate boxer shorts yesterday
            <dsbnh|VC> first thing that hit me was "may contain
            nuts" -warbucket

Comment

This was posted on the site earlier today...
              [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

thread was started on 10/04 >.>

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                  thread was started on 10/04 >.>
                  oh just rebumped i failed... Look a unicorn!

-sneaks out the back door-
                  [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sevv View Post
                    oh just rebumped i failed... Look a unicorn!
                    -sneaks out the back door-

Comment

Unicorns are awesome.

Comment

Yeah, he got what he deserved. And unicorns are so-so...
                        Current Server: Asura
                        Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
                        Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
                        Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
                        Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
                        Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                          More detail on the subject here: http://michellemalkin.com/2007/09/17...n-kerry-forum/
                          Seems this guy is like the live version of a forum troll, and this incident is just the latest in a string of publicity stunts for the guy. It's kinda messed up that people seem to be taking that information and going "oh, well it's ok then." No it's friggin not ... being a loud, obnoxious attention whore isn't a crime and doesn't forfeit one's right to free speech in a public forum.
                          Kerry actually takes it in stride and goes on to answer the guy's question (while he's getting dragged off by the cops and tased -.- but it seems like whatever school official was running the thing wanted to "silence" him by cutting off his mic and having him removed. I hope they're happy that in trying to quash this little schoolyard stunt they ended up with a national controversy in their laps instead.
                          I know it's old, but I just *have* to add this. What people seem to ignore is that he *broke into* the auditorium with security already chasing him. From the moment he entered the room he was guilty of disorderly conduct. But as stated, Kerry took it in stride and let him ask his question. But there was no question as he started ranting about a conspiracy theory instead and when the event coordinators cut off his mic and asked him to step down he refused and again proceeded into his disorderly conduct and even began shouting for 'help' in an attempt to possibly start a riot. In fact there was video from another angle where a girl in the crowd had to be held back because she heard him screaming. The screaming, btw, was nothing more then an attempt to gain sympathy from the crowd and make him look good on camera.

That single video, and the resulting media coverage, was all horribly one sided and totally innaccurate. He got what he deserved and hopefully even moreso as he resisted the *entire* time they had him in custody.
                          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Regulat0r View Post
                            It was on UF's campus, it's private property, not public. You don't have freedom of speech on private property.
                            Example, if you were in a movie theator and starting screaming crap for no apparent reason in the middle of the movie what would happen? Your ass be hauled out.
                            He got his 15 minutes of fame, they told him repeatedly to calm down or he will be tasered, he kept resisting. Guess what? He got juiced, imagine that.
                            The University of Florida is a public, land-grant university. It is not private property. You do have freedom of speech there.
                            Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                            I know it's old, but I just *have* to add this. What people seem to ignore is that he *broke into* the auditorium with security already chasing him. From the moment he entered the room he was guilty of disorderly conduct.
                            Where did you hear this? The accounts I read say that he was standing in line for the mic before "last question" was called and then he charged the mic. It doesn't make sense that he'd be able to get that far if security was already chasing him when he entered the auditorium.
                            But as stated, Kerry took it in stride and let him ask his question. But there was no question as he started ranting about a conspiracy theory instead and when the event coordinators cut off his mic and asked him to step down he refused and again proceeded into his disorderly conduct and even began shouting for 'help' in an attempt to possibly start a riot.
                            He actually asked all three of his questions before his mic was cut off, and Kerry proceeded to answer them while he was being taken away.

I'll agree that the guy was a mostly likely a douche, the whole thing was a stunt for attention, and at very least the guy should have been slapped. However, I won't agree that he did anything illegal up to the point where he was being accosted by police officers and should have been arrested.
                            He got what he deserved and hopefully even moreso as he resisted the *entire* time they had him in custody.
                            To be entirely accurate, he only resisted them at all when there was a camera on him. Once they got him out of the auditorium he became very docile and compliant, but when they got back down the stairs and there was another camera in the lobby he started his show again.
                            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I almost clicked TM's link before I noticed it went to something of Michelle Malkin's, and I don't feel like having to sanitize my monitor today.

At any rate, being a loud, obnoxious douche is not a criminal offense that warrants tasering, that is absolutely true.

But it should be.
                              Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Working...
                              X