This gets up my hole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This gets up my hole.

This has bugged me everytime I see it, so I thought I would share my pity on this subject with my fellow forum goers, just to gather opinions on this delicate subject.

Okay.

I hate how stores have the "& things" at the end of their name. I mean, can't you be a little more creative? I was at a surf shop (Red dog) and next to it was a store called "Clothes and stuff".. then I saw a store the other day named "Linens and things." Then I realised, there's so many stores like this. Why? You're smart enough to open a mutli-million dollar business but you use the prefix "and stuff" at the end of the name? Is that even a word? Stuff? Things? Shit? Why don't we just call it, "Linens and shit." "Clothes and crap", "Games and things you don't need." GOD! If I'm going shopping for shit, crap, and things I don't need, a store with a more seductive name like, "Sexy Undergarments" would catch my attention. But seeing "Clothes and stuff" is more boring than a documentary on Siberian salt-mining. I mean seriously, I'm not going into a store that will spew out more crap than a muckspreader.

Sorry.

Discuss.

FIXED: Picture added for humor. At the request of Kad.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tipsy; 06-20-2007, 07:26 PM.
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Re: This gets up my hole.

I was expecting a picture.

Pleasantly disappointed.

Comment

There, I added a picture. I hope you're happy.
      Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

LOL ... Almost as funny if a nudie joint was named Sloppy Seconds.

Comment

Are there really "so many" stores like this? There is Linens & Things, and that knockoff store (probably local) that you saw. That's two.

Comment

I need a store around here called "Red and Black Stars: Communistic, gothic, and counter culture wall hangings, knicknacks, etc.. art prints and shit". I move out in August and I'm afraid that for the exception of an Alkaline Trio poster, a USSR flag and possibly a Gerogia O'Keeffe print, my room is going to look like a white walled wasteland. X_x

(I don't think there are a lot of "and things" places)
            Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Well all i know of is Linens and things...and i think they've been going out of business here in San Antonio Texas. Other than that i dont know of anyother "and things" or "stuff" stores.
              Kinda random: There's a store near by here thats called Texas Nights...Its a lingerie(<sp(undergarments)) store...now thats a Seductive name to me.
              I like pie........no seriously.. i do.

Das Oldskoolen
              It's not a pizza. It's a bomb.
              We didn't order a bomb either.

My Fav

THF:43 RNG:24 BLU:13 WHM:14 BLM:13 PUP:7 COR:9
              Windy Rank: 4 <-----Humar ( retired )

THF:51 RNG:27 BLU:9 WHM:21 BLM:18 NIN:27 WAR:15
              Windy Rank: 5 <-----Hucast
              Clothcraft: 6.8(?) Skills to come: Leathercraft, cooking, goldsmithing.

Comment

Oh there's tons of them. If you've ever driven thru a semi-ghetto community area, most of the shops there have the "& stuff." I'm talking about the areas where you see the 'Kwik-e-mart' type of stores. The tiny clothes stores or gift shops that're bunched up in a stripmall type layout, they're always labeled "& stuff."
                Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Maybe where you live. I haven't seen that particular phenomenon over here. Sounds like lazy local business owners who can't think up a better name for their stores.

Comment

Working...
                  X