• aircraft crashed into building in NY

doesn't look like terrorist. but, NY again o.o;;

http://www.cnn.com/
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Re: aircraft crashed into building in NY

This happened in Dallas a couple of years ago. Everybody shit bricks until they found out it was a Cesna (sp?) and it didn't really do a lot of damage.

Comment

hit an affluent apartment here. still finding out more info, but they think it might be a small plane or helicopter.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

This happened after this happened?
        Thanks Kazuki.
        Dragoon Equipment

Comment

skoal, that was from 2001

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Ok.....the question I have is, why isn't the airspace around NY city more controlled than this? Did this certain airplane have clearance from the government to be allowed to fly in the NYC region?

You would think that since the 9/11 attacks, the area would be more restricted and common airplanes wouldn't be able to pass through. Just goes to show you how broken the administration is.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Yeah just saw it on the news. They said they had no contact from the aircraft before it crashed so it may of been a power failure, or somthing. Who knows, they will find out though.
              Stooky, Tarutaru supreme
              62 PLD 37 WAR 37 NIN

Comment

It's very possible for a small plane to lose control and crash on a building, and it doesn't seem like the building took much damage either.

I wouldn't be surprised if buildings over 25 stories high start being required to use anti-crash protections.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                  You would think that since the 9/11 attacks, the area would be more restricted and common airplanes wouldn't be able to pass through. Just goes to show you how broken the administration is.
                  If it was a tour flight, then no, it wouldn't fall under restrictions. I'm sure NYC is not stupid enough to start losing tourists in favor of tighter airspace restrictions. Besides, how do you know if this was a terrorist incident? For all we know, the pilot experienced problems with his plane. In that case, if this happened in 9/11/2001 instead of the other crashes, I bet you no one would have thought twice about it and moved on with their lives...

Comment

skoal, that was from 2001
                    Nothing to see here.

That was the article my gf sent me. I think she meant to send the current one.
                    Thanks Kazuki.
                    Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
                      Besides, how do you know if this was a terrorist incident?
                      Never said it was. I think (though there isn't enough information to go on) that the crash was accidental. What concerns me is that any other common planes could easily pass through the area. (Plus, the terrorists must be conniving something too)

Guess we'll have to wait and see what the deal is.
                      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
                        If it was a tour flight, then no, it wouldn't fall under restrictions. I'm sure NYC is not stupid enough to start losing tourists in favor of tighter airspace restrictions. Besides, how do you know if this was a terrorist incident? For all we know, the pilot experienced problems with his plane. In that case, if this happened in 9/11/2001 instead of the other crashes, I bet you no one would have thought twice about it and moved on with their lives...
                        The thing is, it happened after 9/11/2001 with all of the new restrictions and a cute, color-coded system designed to make us safer. The fact is, we aren't any safer and it's things like this that should make us sit up and demand real changes, not placebos. Planes still fly around NY crashing into buildings, but at least TSA gets to see the holes in my socks!

Comment

Originally posted by Lecan View Post
                          The thing is, it happened after 9/11/2001 with all of the new restrictions and a cute, color-coded system designed to make us safer. The fact is, we aren't any safer and it's things like this that should make us sit up and demand real changes, not placebos. Planes still fly around NY crashing into buildings, but at least TSA gets to see the holes in my socks!
                          It's not like the goverment can do much about a plane that has some kind of failure mid-air and just goes down.

I mean the security systems and restrictions are meant to stop any unusual activity like an unidentified airplane (or a comercial flight that changes their route without a reason) that can potentially be a threat. But a small airplane doing a rutine flight (like a tourist flight) wouldn't pose a threat really.

Edit > So it seems a baseball player was on the plane at the time of the accident.

Edit +1 > Emergency call indicated a possible fuel problem...
                          Last edited by Raydeus; 10-11-2006, 01:29 PM.
                          sigpic
                          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                            Edit > So it seems a baseball player was on the plane at the time of the accident.
                            Edit +1 > Emergency call indicated a possible fuel problem...
                            New York Yankies Pitcher - Cory Lidle or however his name was spelled.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                              Ok.....the question I have is, why isn't the airspace around NY city more controlled than this? Did this certain airplane have clearance from the government to be allowed to fly in the NYC region?

Not sure I'm quite so ready to blame the leaders of NY over a small plane managing to crash, such things do happen from time to time even if it is over your own airspace it's not always preventable without knowledge before the event. A lot can go wrong on a small plane and the only way to stop such a crash is to shoot the plane down. I doubt there was that much warning it was going to lose controll. Additionally it would be a bigger plane if terrorists decided to attack in order to maximize damage.

Not sure on what kind of restrictions would be added for airspace near NY since any local airports still need to launch planes and recieve them. I 'm sure larger planes are probably noticed sooner, but even then if the plan was supposed to lang close to it's target it would be difficult to catch once it's gotten into the air if it follows its flight patterns. I'ld sugest google searching for FAA NY and restrictions to see what the actual flight restrictions are. I'm afraid I don't know on what they would be.

Comment

Working...
                              X