• Show
Clear All

• favorite BLM out of every ff game

i like Lulu from X
    Life's not fair...Get over it.

Which FF Character Are You?

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Re: favorite BLM out of every ff game

I like Unforgiven, from FFXI, on Unicorn server...

A close second would be Rydia from FF2 or Black Mage from FF1...

Actually, since FF2, they've been the only dedicated Black Mages, so this is kinda pointless...

***edit***

And for all the Fan-Freaks out there, I never played the ones that weren't released in America before SNES as obsolete.

Comment

well deal with it. the point of this is to get an opinion from ppl. plus i just think it's fun

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

vivi. need I say more?
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Rydia.
          young girl > old Lulu D:
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I dont care wut u have to say about lulu shes still my favorite. Oh and i really screwed up on the everae fight in X ( beacause my friend forgat to scan him eith wadda or wutever) then he used bio fury witch wasted an overdrive witch pissed me off

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

Not a lot of choices, are there? FF1 didn't really have vocal characters, FF2, 5, 6, 7 and 8 had variable class systems. I'm not really familiar with the characters in FF3, so we've got loli-Rydia, Vivi and Lulu to choose from. Rydia wasn't a very cool character pre-summoner. Lulu disappointed me as far as depth of personality is concerned, but I guess none of the characters in that game were exactly wellsprings of character save possibly Yuna. Vivi wins by default.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Hmm... does Golbez qualify?

You left out Tactics, Tactics Advance and X-2, but those are all class change systems too. There haven't been that many FFs where characters were tied to their jobs the way they were in IV and IX. (X has a variable class system too, sort of. Characters start out with different abilities, but you can have them cross over in almost any way you want. I've never actually tried to turn Lulu into a physical powerhouse, but you probably could if you wanted to.) X-2 takes this to the most extreme point, with characters being able to change class *during* battle, but most FF games give the player a wide range of control over the development of the characters (obviously including XI).

So it's difficult to identify most characters as a BLM or not a BLM. Lenna, or Terra, or Aerith, or Selphie, all make good BLMs if that's what you want them to do; but if you'd rather develop them in other ways, they can do that too.
                Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm supposed to deal with, according to OP.

I'm not grasping this "fun" thing, though...

Comment

Agreed, especially given the OP doesn't care what we have to say if we pick someone over Lulu.

Moving this to off topics since it really has nothing to do with the black mage job.
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya
                      So it's difficult to identify most characters as a BLM or not a BLM. Lenna, or Terra, or Aerith, or Selphie, all make good BLMs if that's what you want them to do; but if you'd rather develop them in other ways, they can do that too.
                      I never really thought about it like that before. I just usually make certain character the way I think they were intended to preform. Quistis was my primary spell caster while Selphie and Rinoa were healers. Squall and Zell were the power houses, and Irvine was just a womanizer so he never got used.

It didn't really make a difference in FFVII, I just loaded them all up with Materia then leveled them all up so that it didn't seem like the materia really made a negative impact on my characters.

Same in VI, I made every character learn every spell so there was no primary BLM's. Although it seemed that Realm, Strago, Mog, and Edgar were pretty good spellcasters since they're fighting ability was somewhat weak I thought. Celes also seemed like a good choice until later in the game where it appeared as if her physical attacks got stronger.

In X I really didn't like the way the power up system worked. I never obtained the keys until way later in the game and then it didn't really seem to work if you tried to cross-train some of your characters. Like I had Yuna and Lulu start at the ends of each others trails and work backwards so both of them would know the same spells, but it just really didn't seem to make a difference by then.

Anyways I feel like I'm getting off topic. I would have to say that Lulu was my favorite just because of her awesome dress and pretty spell graphics.
                      <:3_)~

Comment

Kefka.

Comment

VIVI FTW!!!! :D

he is the BEST FF character of them ALL! He will pwn ALL your faces with DOOMSDAY!

Fear Vivi!

Or Blackmage from 1. HADOKEN!

No, Vivi. Definatly Vivi
                          `\~*~/`Life is a Dream, Death is the Alarm Clock`\~*~/`

Comment

vivi ftw

wat about seymor? or does he fall into the blm wannabe category.

Comment

Ooooh...

Porom was hilarious...

Comment

Working...
                              X