This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate WoW fanboys...

I seriously was considering just giving world of warcraft another shot. I'm getting a digital cable that'll allow me to hook my PC up to my HDTV, and although I wasn't that crazy about world of warcraft's gameplay, I felt it did have some really cool looking scenary and artstyle. I just wouldn't have minded seeing it on my TV at least once.

Made a simple topic on gamefaqs to see if there are any programs out yet that allow the game to be played with a controller. I wanted a simple answer, not some idiots saying "CONTROLLERS SUCK, KEYBOARD'S BETTER" but that's all I got!

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...4104684&page=0

(read after checking out link)
    Sure I may have sounded nasty, but I was being straight forward, instead of focusing on the topic at hand, they kept on insisting on forcing their point of view onto me. It just pisses me off, why can't these idiots understand that not everyone like playing with a damn keyboard and mouse. I don't care if there is more buttons on a keyboard, the complexities of the controls is one of the things that makes the game so inferior to FFXI. It doesn't open itself to a wider audience cause of crap like that too. These idiots who play these PC games all the time, and only play games with keyboard and mouse, say their opinion like it's FACT that keyboard/mouse is better. I never once in the topic stated that I think everyone should like controllers better, I just said that I DID. I miss the days when MMORPGs were still new and so many idiots like these people didn't play them -_-

Re: I hate WoW fanboys...

uh why are you even looking at GameFaq threads. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, may it be for FFXI, WoW(well this is everywhere), or some trading card game... anything... everyone who posts there is a freakin moron.

Comment

Yea, you went to the wrong forum dude... try alla.... or perhaps, the offical boards?
      -Baka Inu!
      Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
      Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
      Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
      Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

I too miss the early days of MMO's. The community was much tighter and much more polite. But those days are LONG gone. Now all you can do is grin and bear it. I figured you would get a response like that from the WoW board. (DO NOT go to the official boards!! Much worse!) When I played I could not stand the lvl of immaturity and rudeness in that game, it drove me bonkers!
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I dunno. your post didn't look like a question to me. you started the post in a very aggressive way.

quit it cause it offers nothing new to the genre I felt
          You can go on forever about how YOU think it's better, but I think it sucks

it's ok to ask questions but general courtesy always apply to anything dealing with people. You could have expected before hand already what kind of respond this will lead too.

Think about it this way. What if a person come to this FFXI site and ask about using keyboard to play FFXI. What if he starts his post like this

"i think controler sucks. like it all you want it sucks i want to use keyboard"

now tell me what you would think seeing this? I see it as a trolling post. Same way your post is simply by the wording choice you had. The person could simply ask how good the game can be played with keyboard without stating that opinion at all and lead to an overall better responds from the community.
          Last edited by Jei; 10-17-2005, 09:31 PM.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
            uh why are you even looking at GameFaq threads. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, may it be for FFXI, WoW(well this is everywhere), or some trading card game... anything... everyone who posts there is a freakin moron.
            Hey, this is a first. I agree with BRP.

Double Post Edited:
            Originally posted by TheGrandMom
            I too miss the early days of MMO's. The community was much tighter and much more polite. But those days are LONG gone. Now all you can do is grin and bear it. I figured you would get a response like that from the WoW board. (DO NOT go to the official boards!! Much worse!) When I played I could not stand the lvl of immaturity and rudeness in that game, it drove me bonkers!
            Shit, I missed the first time I logged into EQ1... a few of the people I ran into and did a few early quests with.. stayed my friends for years until we quit.
            Last edited by Vinen; 10-17-2005, 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

/em sighs

Gamefaqs are just a big nono, everytime i read the forum there it makes me wanna skin a kitten and eat it for lunch

Your post wasnt exactly ideal for a question either, but to be honest if youre going to post there you better have some sort of attitude that's for sure hah!

As for Wow, stop, rethink strategy, play frisbee instead, so much more fun!
              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Vinen

Shit, I missed the first time I logged into EQ1... a few of the people I ran into and did a few early quests with.. stayed my friends for years until we quit.
                Ya I belong to a group of old gamers. We met in various ways, some at arcades and some online. Some of us have known one another for 25 years. I'm even godmother to a couple of children members have had. We all talk about how things have gone downhill and some even refuse to play MMO's nowadays.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I started out the topic like that, because I knew I'd get responces like that. Trying to tell people that I DON"T CARE about their opinions, and that they can post em all they want, and they mean jack to me. These morons always insist on yelling and bitchin to people who have an opinion that differs from their own. No one can respect that other people have their own ways. I did respect their views, I just keep telling them that it's not for me every which way, but they're too ignorant to see that.

It still kills me that I can't enjoy a game like WoW, cause I was a warcraft fan way back around the same time I got into the final fantasy series. Warcraft 2 was one of my favorite games ever, still probably is one of the only strategy games I can play, although I never stand a chance playing against others. In the end tho, blizzard made such an inferior piece of crap, great artwork, but nothing new in the gameplay department! Even SOE who lacks any and all artistic ability did add more features to the MMORPG genre with star wars galaxies I felt. WoW is so friggin popular, but for what? What's the point in the end? FFXI at least has a reason to reach end game, and that's to do all the cool stuff there is. WoW has...what? more PvP battles? that's all the people in this on gamefaqs seem to talk about.

The idiots in this post tho keep goin on about blah blah, you can't do this with a controller, a keyboard/mouse guy will pwn you before you even do anything. When I don't give a damn about PvP! It's more about being able to relax while playing the game. I'd at least like a controller option so that I can run, move the camera, select npcs and objects, and start auto attack. That's it, everything else, fine, I can use the keyboard. MOVING I feel is the biggiest pain for third person games, the WSAD control scheme maybe fine for those who play FPS, but third person it's horrid.

As you can see, the way I can just go on and on about how frustrating a keyboard/mouse control scheme shows that it really bothers me. Completely ruins any enjoyment of a game.

Comment

Hey, this is a first. I agree with BRP.
                    Welll, actually, it has happened at least twice... so it's not a first, it's a rare occassion.

Comment

I've tried posting on gamefaqs before for another game to get an question answered and I got basically the same response. Defenetly not a user friendly board.
                      You kill one man, your a murderer
                      Kill many and your a conquerer
                      Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

I refuse to go back to the Gamefaqs boards aside from maybe a looksee on different topics about a game. I don't post since most of the posters there are rude.

Comment

It's more about being able to relax while playing the game.
                          These people don't relax apparently, are you familiar with the "Cloud Song" incident? Hardly relaxing! D: Gamer elitist kids are nothing without their virtual penises, though they can be vicious and crazy too!
                          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

in my opinion if you (op) just went ahead and only used the first sentence in your second paragraph and explained why you were asking about third party programs would have gotten you way less flames. knowing already how the gamefaqs community is, stirring them up like that by calling blizzard stupid and mentioning a game that most of them have bitter memories over is why they all became jackasses. i don't think they were elitist at all. they were just offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                              in my opinion if you (op) just went ahead and only used the first sentence in your second paragraph and explained why you were asking about third party programs would have gotten you way less flames. knowing already how the gamefaqs community is, stirring them up like that by calling blizzard stupid and mentioning a game that most of them have bitter memories over is why they all became jackasses. i don't think they were elitist at all. they were just offended.
                              Like what the above poster said, you probally would have gotten a favorable response if you just kept your question simple and to the point. I've asked plenty of questions on numerous game boards on gamefaqs and i tend to get a ok response for most of the posters that reply to my topic. Even as an example, when i posted in an Armored Core board, my real life friend made a sarcastic remark just to play around. Another board member (not knowing i know the othe poster) straight up carried him for the response he gave, rofl , i couldn't wait to see his face next time i saw him.

Its just like what i always tell my parents or any other adult, stupid questions get stupid answers. The topic of your questions wasnt stupid, but all that other stuff added on to it made it so. The GameFaqs community in general is not to blame, i've gone there and continue to go there when i have a question about a game that i want answered pretty quickly (average turn around depends on how long the game has been out and how popular it is.) Remember to keep it simple and clean and you should receive a response just as such. *^.^~

Comment

Working...
                              X