This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer forum that people use?...

I remember a year ago when these forums would be spammed all day everyday with new threads and ideas and etc... What happened?

Is it just that no one plays this game anymore? Or that there is a newer forum that people post on now?...
    ★ RDM 51 / BLM 37 ★
    DRK 52 … THF 45 … WAR 37 … NIN 31

Re: Newer forum that people use?...

FFVault forums pretty much have died too. Of ones I go to, Allakhazam and Killing Ifrit have a bit more traffic, but also a lot more idiots. I've heard the gamefaqs forums are also pretty busy, but also rife with stupidity.

FFXI Blog

Comment

Do lots of people still play this game then or... has everyone moved on to WoW or the like?.. Like myself... Im looking to come back though, if the game is still as busy as it was a year ago.
      ★ RDM 51 / BLM 37 ★
      DRK 52 … THF 45 … WAR 37 … NIN 31

Comment

Well all the servers are pretty well populated. I just think people lost interest in the forums. OR they have LS webpages that have forums. Why spend the time filtering through both of them?

I've heard of a number of people going to WoW and then coming back to FFXI. Seem to hear a lot of people who have done that. But I don't actually know anybody, personally, that's gone to play Wow, and come back. Just stating what I've read a lot people saying here.

There also seems to be some new people dropping in as of late. Seems a lot of people have been saying they just got the game and are asking "Just got here" questions. So not sure if the population is still at a steady groth or what.
        Odude
        PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
        RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
        SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I haven't been visiting here too often myself, partly because I'm taking a break from RDM at the moment. Other forums are busier, but also full of fools.

Comment

There are less people playing ffxi around 10-15% less if servers are any indication from their season high last year.

It dipped a little more during WoW, but quickly stablized back. You have to realized that no game can catch people's eye for ever.

On forums, there's just simply more forums out there nowadays.

Central information and chatter are more broken up these days with livejounals, etc.

If anyone does history or economics these trends are no real surprises to them. Human nature more or less.

Comment

I am one of those who went to WoW and came back, though I had not as of yet found this site. I'm glad I did though. The info I found for RDM AF is an excellent source of info. Then I noticed the rest of the site
              Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
              G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
              San Doria Rank 6
              ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

People would rather play the game then post about it. =P ♪
                Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus
                  People would rather play the game then post about it. =P ♪
                  Lol, exactly.... These forums still get what looks like about 200-400 new posts a day each time I return (Which is usually me gone for maybe 8-10hrs?)

There are moments when the forums seem to slow or die, but from what I've watched they line up exactly with when everyone is pretty much getting home from work or school.

You can tell this site is still alive with many people visiting it when FFXI goes down for updates or maintenance. Everytime still when that happens this site is the only one that seems to get overloaded and I can't get to it. When I do though the number of new posts is huge

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Retards scared off most of the people who used to post in this forum.

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

Moved thread to General Topics, since this isn't exactly related to FINALY FANTASY XI but more related FFXIOnline.com and other similar Forum boards in general.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

FFXIO has recently gotten more members due to PiNG's new layout and Updates. Before the LS was dying out. But PiNG brought it back to life it I personaly believe the website will get better.
                        Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

Merits - 98
                        Goldsmith - 85.2

Comment

Working...
                        X