• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, This guy's got some guts...

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8908170/
    3 Wives...

Re: Wow, This guy's got some guts...

...Wow. I can't believe he's actually being sent to Jail for that, though. Brittish law is 'teh ghey'.

Comment

Polygamy/bigamy are illegal in the United States also. Most western cultures have laws against it. A practicing Mormon, a few years back, was in legal trouble because of all his marriages. I believe he had 4 or more wives, not sure how many.

In the U.S. if you have not annulled your marriage or divorced your spouse and you marry again, this is a violation of the law. Of course, if a spouse is missing five or more years (or it could be seven) then the person can be presumed dead, the marriage can be voided and the person may remarry. Reasonable efforts must be made to find the spouse of course. LOL
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
        Polygamy/bigamy are illegal in the United States also. Most western cultures have laws against it. A practicing Mormon, a few years back, was in legal trouble because of all his marriages. I believe he had 4 or more wives, not sure how many.

In the U.S. if you have not annulled or divorced your spouse and you marry again, this is a violation of the law. Of course, if a spouse is missing five or more years (or it could be seven) then the marriage can be voided and the person may remarry. Reasonable efforts must be made to find the spouse of course. LOL
        Actually the state mostly turned a blind eye to to Polygamy.

The reason that case was forced into the light was because his wives filed for wellfare which if you have a family of what? 7? 10? that's a lot of money.

Yea they needed it as that family was poor on top of big, but the government at the same time couldn't let it go.

Comment

I didn't say they prosecuted every case did I? No. I stated that it was illegal and commented about a particular case.
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Why would you marry 3 times!!, i mean once is enough surely he cant handle all that nagging?

created by 399animeshop & NarutoFever

Comment

Originally posted by Amatsu
              Why would you marry 3 times!!, i mean once is enough surely he cant handle all that nagging?
              So when one wife is on her period he's got 2 more.
              Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
              Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
              Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
              Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
              Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

You would think he would learn from his mistake after getting married once, but instead he repeats it two more times. Can't wait to see the wives fight each other for all his things in the divorce precedings.
                Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Wouldnt the 2nd two marriages be considered null and void since he was alrdy married? Meaning they wouldnt be legally entitled to anything? They could sue for palimony or whatever it would be in this case assuming England allows for a civil suit like that.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Its crazy, the amount of wives some people have. Dateline seems to go wild for that kind of stuff. I swore I've been watching the same report of some guy with +5 wives, over and over again forever now.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
                      Wouldnt the 2nd two marriages be considered null and void since he was alrdy married? Meaning they wouldnt be legally entitled to anything? They could sue for palimony or whatever it would be in this case assuming England allows for a civil suit like that.
                      Yes exactly. After the first marriage, the other "wives" have no legal claim to his assests. Now they can sue him but they can't get alimony etc.

Comment

Lol, I remember that one. Geez I was on the floor laughing, imagine what excuses he tried to use when they all showed up

Yeah, polygamy/bigamy is illegal in the US since like 1896 or around that time. The US though does basically turn a blind eye to it because if you look at their position in what they are stating and what the ones that are for polygamy are stating they directly opposing. Not to mention that US is taking a backing that "it isn't Christian like" basically, so if it really got down to a fight with it the US Government will kind of defeat itself by taking 1 religious beliefs decision on it (Which actually isn't even Christian if you look at it's history, it's more specifically a Catholic belief).

The Government defeats itself on that statement even more by the fact that they keep deciding on removing statements and images related to religion such as "In God We Trust". They should of basically just flat out stated that "Freedom of Religion" does not extend to freedom of religious practices, in that respect the government has sole control in what practices you can and can't do.

Double Post Edited:
                        If you want the case I was talking about with the US's position on it look up Reynolds vs. United States thats were they state it is "contrary to the spirit of Christianity and of the civilization which Christianity has produced in the Western World."

Most of the US polygamy/bigamy cases that are ever brought to light are ones like Kuu said were they try to file for welfare or in many were one of the wives are under 18. Such as Tom Green's case with a 13-year old.

LOL! OMG the sloganizer put up a slogan I wasn't expecting "> Macht is a female force." >.> well that's news to me.
                        Last edited by Macht; 08-29-2005, 11:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Working...
                        X