This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Books

I don't really read much either, I do remember, though about 15 years ago when I was in 5th grade, reading "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" by CS Lewis, that was only memorialable book i've ever read. It refreshed my memory when i saw that they are making movie on it. It will be a good watch, down memory lane.

Another good book was Matian Chronicles, but that was a required book to read in one of my classes in highschool. After that... Books disappeared from my views. LOL

Comment

heh agreed PiNG, I really dont read much (except for magazines)
      I am not into fantasy books or movies, and I do not count reading music production books as an entertaining read.

So it is hard for me to actually find a book I can read all the way through.

I will say that "To Kill a Mockingbird" is one of the best books I have read and I even cried watching the movie :sweat:

/em is a sensitive male

:hoo:

Hori retreated from battle. What a coward.
      Hori
      San d'Oria
      RDM/BLM/WHM
      (´ ゜ω゜`)
      Don't like to haste our precious NIN tank? You're not RDM, then. -Apple Pie/Grendal

Comment

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
        The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
        Life, the Universe, and Everything
        So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
        Mostly Harmless
        The Salmon of Doubt
        Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
        The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul
        The Meaning and Liff
        The Deeper Meaning of Liff
        Last Chance to See

and i suppose Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci code were good too, but the ones up top are my fav, roughly in order

P.S. 500 gil to the first person to post who all of those books are written by

Keyura [Remora] ★ WHM52/BLM26 ★ BRD75/WHM37 ★ BLM62/WHM31 ★ SMN33/WHM16 ★ RNG15/WAR7 ★ BST19/WHM9 ★ (Active in Red)
        Greenkingdom LS to chat, Akui LS for sky, and Higeki LS for dynamis.
        Saroku [Unicorn] ★ WHM5 ★ (Active in Red)

Pingpong used his Masamune, but Keyura dodged! Pingpong's anger grows by 13.

Comment

Douglas Adams
          (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ruffrydasean
            Douglas Adams
            congratulations ^^

Double Post Edited:
            500 Gil donated to ruffrydasean successfully!
            Last edited by Keyura; 07-19-2005, 01:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Keyura [Remora] ★ WHM52/BLM26 ★ BRD75/WHM37 ★ BLM62/WHM31 ★ SMN33/WHM16 ★ RNG15/WAR7 ★ BST19/WHM9 ★ (Active in Red)
            Greenkingdom LS to chat, Akui LS for sky, and Higeki LS for dynamis.
            Saroku [Unicorn] ★ WHM5 ★ (Active in Red)

Pingpong used his Masamune, but Keyura dodged! Pingpong's anger grows by 13.

Comment

Just about everything from Anne McCaffrey.
              Also been plowing through "The Sword of Truth" series by Terry Goodkind.

Comment

ohh.. totally forgot about Terry Goodkind , Woah... LOL, i have his Stone of Tears books, I was into reading it until I got to page 300 and noticed i had 700 more pages to go........ , i originally bought Stone of tears, than 4 other books that came after that... Well i don't have the book with me right now (working), but I just bought it as a Collection pretty much, and plan to read it some time future I have up to the book after Temple of Wind. I bought all the Hard cover versions of first prints. Don't know why i started that habit, i don't even read much -.-;

Comment

1984 - greatest book ever, I've been meaning to check out brave new world, people told me I'd enoy it a lot cause I love 1984 so much.
                  This one isn't so much a novel but look for a book titled You Are Being Lied To by a company called Disinformation (I think), it's really interesting, look for it in the current events section of your local bookstore.

fk yes

Comment

Lord of the Rings
                    The Secrets of Narnia
                    Da Vinci Code
                    The Art of War

Comment

Has anyone read "The Haunted" by Chuck Palahniuk? I read Guts on the net and had to get the book

Guts... Put the kiddy's to bed as this is not for the weak minded/stomached....^^
                      (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
                      sigpic

Comment

Another good one is called "First Person Plural"

Comment

Drizt Do'urden Saga: Dark elf trilogy, the crystal shsard trilogy, etc etc...

RA salvatore is a great writer.

Comment

Book of Five Rings

Oh and i actually like the Harry Potter series. Its too bad ppl with masters degrees wont recognize that and LOTR as viable works of literary, simply because they are popular in our culture today.

Isnt it unfair that works that were popular in their time are considered outstanding to critics, yet books that actually suceed in getting young ppl to read arent even given a second thought? Didnt everyone rave over Shakespear? Why cant I make my thesis on Tolkien of Rowling? Its unfair, damnit!!!

Ah well. I'll use Miyamoto Musashi next time a teacher of mine says I need to use a Non-Fiction book.
                            The Tao of Ren
                            FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                            Originally posted by Kaeko
                            As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Chronicles of Narnia (best books ever written period, read the whole series in about 2 weeks, ofcourse anything by C.S. Lewis is brilliant)
                              LOTR
                              Harry Potter (seriously, her stores are entertaining, rather riveting, and just well written)
                              Tom Clancy
                              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by PiNG
                                ohh.. totally forgot about Terry Goodkind , Woah... LOL, i have his Stone of Tears books, I was into reading it until I got to page 300 and noticed i had 700 more pages to go........ , i originally bought Stone of tears, than 4 other books that came after that... Well i don't have the book with me right now (working), but I just bought it as a Collection pretty much, and plan to read it some time future I have up to the book after Temple of Wind. I bought all the Hard cover versions of first prints. Don't know why i started that habit, i don't even read much -.-;
                                Hah, yeah Stone of Tears is a monster to read! Just chip away at it, its very good. Ive found that I can only read so many of these books at one time because they are such a roller coaster ride of intense emotions that after I finish one book I need a break.

Comment

Working...
                                X