Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Universal REALLY Wants You to Love Ang Lee's HULK...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal REALLY Wants You to Love Ang Lee's HULK...

They want you to so much, that they've gone ahead and taken the liberty of packing every Blu-ray copy of The Incredible Hulk with the wrong film.

It's being recalled and replacements are already showing up in stores, but I found this absolutely hilarious.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Re: Universal REALLY Wants You to Love Ang Lee's HULK...

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post

They want you to so much, that they've gone ahead and taken the liberty of packing every Blu-ray copy of The Incredible Hulk with the wrong film.

It's being recalled and replacements are already showing up in stores, but I found this absolutely hilarious.
    Dang Epic Fail, I already own the Hulk on HD-DVD, I don't want it on Blu-Ray too lmao. Incredible Hulk was pretty good though gotta buy it.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
      HD-DVD
      You said epic fail?

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
      ------
      Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
      When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

What movie came with it? (I can't see the image here so if its in that i'm sorry)
        Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
        Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
        Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
        Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
        Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
          What movie came with it? (I can't see the image here so if its in that i'm sorry)
          Ang Lee's HULK starring Eric Bana, as opposed to the proper movie, The Incredible Hulk starring Edward Norton.
          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
          Currently Playing:
          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
            You said epic fail?
            Yeah I got it for extremely cheap when they were selling out of HD-DVDs, I bought like 12-13 movies.

Edit: Furthermore I'm not trying to reignite the Format War, but I honestly cannot see a difference between HD-DVD and BLU-RAY other than HD-DVD lost lol. Both are better than DVD (And these days even DVDs look pretty good). IMO except when the video is horribly stretched with TV HD Upscaling, HD channels on TV look better than Blu-Ray/HD-DVD just because they take up the full screen even though they are partially cropped. Most Blu-Rays/HD-DVDs don't do that but it is because of the way that the movies are originally filmed. I realized the other day my Resident Evil Blu-ray that I had bought a few weeks ago took up the full screen and I thought it looked really good.
            Last edited by Durahansolo; 10-17-2008, 04:35 AM.
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------
            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
              Yeah I got it for extremely cheap when they were selling out of HD-DVDs, I bought like 12-13 movies.

Edit: Furthermore I'm not trying to reignite the Format War, but I honestly cannot see a difference between HD-DVD and BLU-RAY other than HD-DVD lost lol. Both are better than DVD (And these days even DVDs look pretty good). IMO except when the video is horribly stretched with TV HD Upscaling, HD channels on TV look better than Blu-Ray/HD-DVD just because they take up the full screen even though they are partially cropped. Most Blu-Rays/HD-DVDs don't do that but it is because of the way that the movies are originally filmed. I realized the other day my Resident Evil Blu-ray that I had bought a few weeks ago took up the full screen and I thought it looked really good.
              Blu-Ray and HD-DVD have the same picture and sound quality, really. And while HD-DVDs originally were better for extra features, Blu-Ray is catching up (assuming you have a player that can firmware update such as PS3). Of course, HD-DVDs are no longer being made and are dead, but (like you), that didn't/doesn't stop me from buying them for dirt cheap!

I don't really agree with your HD channel comment. They do look MUCH better than regular TV but I don't think they look as good as a well done HDDVD/BluRay in nice 1080i/p.

Also, just FYI, DVD players usually have an option in them to set to wide screen to take advantage of wide screen TVs and kill/shorten the black bars to get them to their right aspect ratio. (PS2 supposedly did but, I couldn't ever get it to work, but my Xbox had no problem doing it!)

-------------------------------------------

Back on topic, is Incredible Hulk any good? I was planning on Netflixing it on BluRay when I got home.
              Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
              Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
              Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
              Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
              Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
                Blu-Ray and HD-DVD have the same picture and sound quality, really. And while HD-DVDs originally were better for extra features, Blu-Ray is catching up (assuming you have a player that can firmware update such as PS3). Of course, HD-DVDs are no longer being made and are dead, but (like you), that didn't/doesn't stop me from buying them for dirt cheap!

I don't really agree with your HD channel comment. They do look MUCH better than regular TV but I don't think they look as good as a well done HDDVD/BluRay in nice 1080i/p.

Also, just FYI, DVD players usually have an option in them to set to wide screen to take advantage of wide screen TVs and kill/shorten the black bars to get them to their right aspect ratio. (PS2 supposedly did but, I couldn't ever get it to work, but my Xbox had no problem doing it!)

-------------------------------------------

Back on topic, is Incredible Hulk any good? I was planning on Netflixing it on BluRay when I got home.
                Yeah I thought it might've been just as good as "The Hulk" if not better (and I thought The Hulk was pretty good). Most of the people I talked to thought Hulk was too slow, I think that was mainly because there was alot of backstory in it. I thought Edward Norton made a pretty good Hulk and so did Eric Bana lol. In Incredible Hulk there was alot less backstory and alot more action. All in all I think Incredible Hulk will be added to my collection. Also I read the other day they put in a Easter Egg in one of the scenes that shows Captain America frozen in ice. I think it is in the deleted scenes. Just wonder if when the next movie comes out if they'll try to slide Gray Hulk in there.
                {New Sig in the works}
                -----------------------

Comment

Working...
                X