X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Dark Knight

FFXIO Death Announcement Counter: 1,324,537,624,738

And it's still rolling...STOP IT.

I saw the IMAX version last night - I had to come about 1.5 hours early just to get a logical seat in that stadium though :/

It was great stuff. Mr. Wayne was going /nin for a whole 2 hours (:O

One thing that bothered me throughout the whole movie wasn't anything that was actually in the movie, it was the bottow row of the IMAX stadium... My neck was aching just looking at the people down there craning to catch the skewed (hyperbole) 15,000 foot picture that was flashing in front of them >.>

Comment

Just got back from seeing this flick.

Ledger deserves a fucking posthumous Academy Award for best performance. His is with question the scariest Joker I've ever borne witness to, in comics or on screen.

This movie lived up to the hype, and then proceeded to blow the hype to hell with a damned rocket launcher. I was expecting a good flick, but it was so much more amazing than I could have imagined. I loved Batman Begins; the Dark Knight completely left it in the dust.

Eckhart's turn as Dent was rousing, I was confident in his abilities when I learned he was cast, and I was not disappointed. Oldman's Gordon was as strong and compelling as the first movie, and it was nice to see Freeman's get more screen time. Bale's transition between Batman and Bruce Wayne was seamless. Chilling, intense, creepy ninja-detective one minute, vapid, seemingly-airheaded playboy the next, keeping in beat the way one would expect the Dark Knight to do. Gyllenhal's Dawes was even better than Katie Holmes', though I might just be saying that as a result of my crush on Gyllenhal.

But the show stealer here was, without question, Ledger's portrayal of the Joker. Like many, when I heard he was cast, I was skeptical. I was thrilled to be proven wrong.

I hope it releases at the IMAX downtown, because I'm totally going to see that again.

Comment

I just saw The Dark Knight . It was even better than I expected. Most of the comment is about Heath Ledger. He is no longer with us, but his performance as joker in this film is everlasting. The film's storyline has many twists and all are rewarding, the story is developed constantly after each scene, making you wonder what's next. Excellent craft and flows well towards the conclusion. I liked this film very much.

Comment

Best Batman Ever.
          Heath Ledger, I can't understand why you had to die, but you will be remembered forever. You were a fantastic Joker and i'm destroyed by the fact that you won't able to make it again. Let's hope none will spoil your awesome work.
          Rest in Peace Heath Ledger.
          Signature, ah!

Comment

Working...
          X