Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Fantastic Four opens today...

Re: So Fantastic Four opens today...

Heh. I might hit up the movie this weekend (AMC has a $5 ticket price if you go before Noon on the weekend), but I might let it sit a while. I have a bunch of stuff to watch from Netflix that just arrived today, and even more stuff that has been building up on my TiVO. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
      Heh. I might hit up the movie this weekend (AMC has a $5 ticket price if you go before Noon on the weekend), but I might let it sit a while. I have a bunch of stuff to watch from Netflix that just arrived today, and even more stuff that has been building up on my TiVO. :/
      TiVo or Slingbox? Which one is better? I'm not sure if Slingbox lets you record stuff or not...?
      Hacked on 9/9/09
      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I don't have any experience with Slingbox, so I can't say. But I'm in love with my TiVo.

Comment

if the first movie didn't convince you, now you'll be doubly sure how crappy this hollywood franchise is. on the amusing side, there have been a couple of production stills with JA's camel toe in it so we might be able to turn that into a drinking game

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Mr. Stretch ftw. and what's this about Alba? I haven't seen anything pop up on college humor about it yet.
            Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Thought the first movie was mediocre at best but I've always loved the Silver Surfer / Galactus storylines. Hopefully they don't trash it too badly this time round. It'll keep me going till Iron Man and Transformers anyway.

Comment

I haven't gotten a chance to see it, but hopefully, like with Grizzlebeard, keep me going for Transformers (just gotten a prime vs megatron t-shirt to wear on opening day xD ) and Iron Man =3
                btw, that sig is freaking awesome grizzle xD
                Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I had a friend see it. He said it was an improvement over the first, keeping in mind that the first one was not so good.

Comment

Someone who's seen it, tell us how it is, and if need be in spoilers I wanna know if Galactus is in it at all, or if they're saying that the surfer is the done destroying planets, or what?

Iron Man: Alcoholic superheroes ftw.
                    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                      I wanna know if Galactus is in it at all, or if they're saying that the surfer is the done destroying planets, or what?
                      There was a red carpet premiere show on tv where they introduced the stars and the guy who plays the Human Torch let slip that they fight Silver Surfer for most of the movie but he ends up teaming up with them. I took that to mean he teams up with them to fight the G-man. Not sure if I'm expecting him to play a big part in this movie or if he's the precursor to a third movie. Everyone seems to be on the trilogy bandwagon lately after all.

Comment

I went to a late showing of it tonight. It was ok. I wish I knew what it was about this particular franchise that falls so flat. I'm guessing it's a mixture of the script and the actors, but that's all I can think of.

They just seem to be phoning it in most of the time, I guess. Anyway, it wasn't terrible. It kept me occupied for a couple of hours, which is better than nothing, I guess.

About Galactus

Comment

First one was ok but nothing too special, I get the feeling that this will be the same thing. Certainly not a movie I'd *pay* to see though.

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                          About Galactus
                          re:about Galactus
                          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

You guys know those books/characters/games/etc. that you loved as a kid, and it felt like your own special thing, and not many other people knew what it was, and it was identified with your interests specifically; and then Hollywood gets ahold of it and royally screws it up, or even gets it right and makes it hugely popular and now everbody and their dog thinks their the instant fucking expert on it?

That's what just happened to my brother and his old buddy the Silver Surfer.

Poor guy.

Comment

I enjoyed it a lot more than the first one. Don't like he surfer guy that much... chromal man... that's so 70's
                              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
                              X