Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to fix graphic related problems with VISTA (32 Bit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix graphic related problems with VISTA (32 Bit)

If your having problems with your OS (Vista) and have a 32-Bit operating system please follow these instructions CAREFULLY, if you are computer illiterate then follow the instructions very carefully and consult help from someone who knows computers if you get stuck, I will not check my email very often for responses.

DO NOT TRY TO CONTACT SE ABOUT GRAPHICAL ERRORS BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME THIS WOULDNT WORK AND THEY DO NOT SUPPORT VISTA [They Phail...]

If your character looks like it is made up of Rough polygons that shine, or anything inbetween on 32 BIT VISTA ONLY, then this is for you.

Here is the first page of the forum half associated with this post:
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/fre...sed-up.html

INSTRUCTIONS:

I HAD A MOBILE INTEL(R) 965 CHIPSET
    I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE USE THESE INSTRUCTIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

1. Uninstall your current Driver. You can do this by RIGHT CLICKING > My Computer > Manage > Device Manager > (Extend Display Adapters) [+] > Right click on your Mobile Intel© 965 Chipset > Uninstall
    --From here your screen will go kinda haywire, DON’T PANIC this is only temp.

2. From there, navigate to this link: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/fre...sed-up.html
    -From there, scroll down to the bottom, from there download the FFXI compatible driver from ‘Bronnie’ (should look something like “Drivers as promised… [Link]” under her very BOLD WARNING sign which you should read)

3. When you download this file, SAVE it to a new file you should create on your desktop named ‘Driver’ so you can easily recognize it. From there: Navigate from START (Little Flag for VISTA) > Control Panel > FROM HERE if you cannot see ‘Device manager’ physically search for it at the top right corner with the magnifying glass (Common sense lol) > Click on the ‘Install Drivers for older devices with Add Hardware Wizard’ > ‘Install Hardware that I manually select from the list’ > Select Display Adapters > Select ‘Have Disk’ > Browse > Navigate to the Folder in which you downloaded the driver and click on the ‘Graphics’ folder within the prime folder > From there, It gets a little fuzzy—I believe the wizard will give you a list of drivers, select the Mobile Intel© 965 Chipset driver (That’s right, the same exact driver you had before) and install it.

4. From there, your laptop will prompt you to shutdown the computer. When you restart it, it will tell you the driver has been installed improperly so from here go to START > Control Panel > Device Manager, using the same method as before > You will see that your Mobile driver has been installed improperly! DOUBLE CLICK on this corrupt driver and from there, there will be a menu that will come up explaining everything about this driver > Go to the DRIVER tab at the top of the panel and go down about midway and there will be an ‘Update Driver’ button which you need to select > BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE > Do NOT let Windows look for it automatically because it will fail. > From there DISREGARD THE ‘Search for drivers in this area’ box with the browse, you will NOT use that. > Instead, select LET ME PICK FROM A LIST OF DEVICE DRIVERS ON MY COMPUTER > From there you will see a box with your Mobile Intel© chip and your Standard VGA Graphics Adapter > Click on the [Have Disk…] button > from there BROWSE for the ‘Graphics’ folder again from your prime DRIVER folder that you created at the beginning > and click OK.

5. From there it should update itself and restart your computer. After that, start up Final Fantasy XI without the windowed mode and it should work :]

IF YOU RECOGNIZE ANY DISTINCT ERRORS WITHIN THESE INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME!

-Hope everything works out guys, and best of luck.

--Tyler

Re: How to fix graphic related problems with VISTA (32 Bit)

Now, I'm not the smartest person when it comes to computers, but this whole thing seems kind of fishy.

Of course, if this guy's legit, let Mhurron come in with the "Chances" Inspiration picture thing.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

:[
      Its really not... Im not trying to screw anyone over lol and if you click the link to another post on this site it will show that the files are all legit and people have used them

Comment

I used his solution and it worked
        i still get on here....even though it might not happen often i do!

Comment

Working...
        X