Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• processer

OK!!! i have a major problem....
    My computer kept on crashing after a while i got fed up went through all my drives no problem but i think its something wrong with my video card then i went into my computer and switched back to my onborad still crashed then i checked out the processer and it was fine but it crashed one more time and never booted there is still power going though the computer hardrive video card mother borad and everything but the power button doesnt work i tried to jump start it but that didnt work i think the processer is broken i don't no can anyone offer any advice bc i miss it i want to play ffxi and guiild wars and wow and ect.....
    i still get on here....even though it might not happen often i do!

Re: processer

Sounds like you have something terminally wrong with your computer. Did you have a lightning storm hit your area recently, or has your computer been making strange noises lately?

In any case, this isn't something you can diagnose with verbal descriptions very easily; I recommend finding someone who knows their way around hardware and asking them to diagnose the problem if you're interested in repairing it.

Off the cuff, if you're not getting to the point where the motherboard posts (i.e. you hear the beep when you first turn the computer on), then it's either your motherboard, your processor, your power supply, or your memory.

P.S. I hope you don't literally mean you tried to jump-start your computer like car.

Icemage

Comment

If you're computer isn't booting at all...and its sitting at a black screen with a blinking cursor _ <---like that but blinking...you might have a BIOS problem...or Your MB is dead as a doornail. Geeksqaud gives a free 1st diagnosis of your computer but anything after that they do charge.

or if all esle fails...a good swift kick will do the trick just kidding lol

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

welll no i didnt jumpstart it its something i no how to do....my secert...btw jumpstarting a computer like a car it would like kill the computer
        but i think my processer is dead bc
        the dell screen dosnt come on
        the power button dosnt turn on anything
        ive checked the cables
        and im pretty sure the processer is dead
        ive tried everything and ive swaped out all the hardware possible and everything works so it has to be the processer
        ps. im pretty talented with a computer i dont need no stupid business going through my computer to find out something simple

ALSO i forgot to add today i did my exam over multimedia (dreamweaver flash fireworks)in about 10 min and only missed one question there was 50 questions I ROCK!
        Last edited by Darkages; 12-19-2006, 11:53 AM. Reason: also

Comment

Motherboards can be started w/o processors (well in a general sense) and will beep a error code if there is not processor in the socket. And since it's a Dell I'm now 90% sure its a bad mobo, likely some of your capacitors died. (The other 10% could be power supply related)
          Basically if its outta warranty time to buy or build a new pc.

And FYI 90% of the time when processors (not counting improper installation) die people are pumping insane amounts of current through them.

Comment

I second Thrasher's opinion on this, but if you really think it's CPU, why don't you just go replace one?

For more than 10 years of building PC's myself, I don't recall a single CPU dying on me. It's almost always been either mobo, power supply, or memory when they didn't boot at all.

To start with, check the beep code like Thrasher mentioned, and work around w/ the corresponding component(s). If it's not returning any, then it's very unlikely the CPU.

Comment

And I forgot to say thing before, did make sure your psu worked? Try jumping the powersupply. (Yes this is safe, but just don't try any thing really stupid.)

But if the PSU works and you wanna check everything else, remove your memory, unplug hard drive(s), and any thing else that is not needed to just start the mobo.
              If the mobo still works it should give a beep code for no memory, if your still getting nothing your likely boned.

Comment

yea its the mobo bc i checked everything and even the processer but i decided to scrap it for parts and just buy a new computer it would be a better computer anyways.....i want a water cooled one dual video cards 3k processer....*drool*

Comment

When you try to power on your computer, is the power supply running? Open the cover and that a look. Is the fan in the power supply until running at all? Any LED (light) from the motherboard? Is the CPU fan running?
                  Server: Quetzalcoatl
                  Race: Hume Rank 7
                  75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

dont no i applied a blunt object with high force directly to the mother board it seems to not do anything at all any more....

Comment

Originally posted by Darkages View Post
                      dont no i applied a blunt object with high force directly to the mother board it seems to not do anything at all any more....
                      You've taken all the right steps, what could have possibly gone wrong!?

Comment

i thought you destroyed your ffxi discs darkages?
                        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

nope but now i got a laptop which is better than my computer...im so happy....sadly to say now im playing guild wars and wow!!(and every now and then ffxi)

Comment

WoW is the game for you.
                            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

wow is boreing so i quit and now i spent the money and bought the game again woooHOOO!!!!*twitch*

Comment

Working...
                              X