X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FFXI sequal in the works

Originally posted by ImpactionActionHero

Seems like maybe SE doesn't care so much to stop the cheating RMT when they can squeeze a few more dollars out of them before they release something that could possibly be more RMT resistant.
    SE has taken several actions against RMTs in the past from banning accounts to limiting MH gil exchanges. While these have never been the end all save all, they are doing what they can.

Comment

Originally posted by ImpactionActionHero
      It seems like their choice of platforms shouldn't hinder them like the PS2. The Xbox360's HDD is 40gigs if I remember correctly, and the PS3's should rival that. Graphics should be acceptable on all consoles even with room for improvement if they find the time.
      My HDD is 20gb with only 13 for games, the other 7 is for system stuff. However it is external and they can just release a bigger one should later games need it. I'm pleased it's coming out for the 360, I doubt I'll be able to afford it and I'm unsure about Vista.

It'll be intresting to see what it's like. I know that a lot of the players have been playing for a while and have put a lot of time into it. If the game is similar to ffxi, I wonder how many will switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree
        Finally they announce it

Finally we confirm those pics were infact in the same theme as FFXI

!_!
        Any chance of a link?
        The Knight of Faith resigns the dream, only to believe it.

Many tanks to Trita/Tagi for the signature.

Comment

I'm curious how this "sequal" will play out. Will this be an update that we can take our characters with us when we all migrate, or will we have to start all over again?

Now a new update to some of the style and graphics, but keep the same world and character would be very nice! Higher resolution for us PS2 players, bump up the graphics, more options available, maybe adding a member or two the party set up. From 6 to 8 people maybe..? I mean we do have 18 jobs to pick from, bump the party up to a possible 8 people, SMNs won't have to be watered down WHMs their entire career, and DRK, DRG & MNKs might get more attention in the 50's. Imagine COR, RDM, SMN, WHM all in one party at Lv.50. ^^ (Just an idea though.)

But it will probably be a whole new world, we'll all have to start over as newbs again at Lv.1. Racing to Lv.75 all over again. I think a lot of people will probably quit. I know a couple of people in NA Beta that reached Lv.75 who didn't come play when it was released. ("I did all this work now, what's the point of coming back and doing the same stuff all over again?")
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

/foams at the mouth
            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

all i'll say at this point, is that there better be tarutarus or someone is gonna get hurt

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

So.. what's going to happen to the old FFXI? I've spent about 2 years trying to get
                DRG to 75 (I'm slow, yes) and it would really suck if it all just ended like this.
                Would PS2 be able to play the sequel?
                Last edited by Meatproduct; 07-17-2006, 12:22 PM.

Hm.

DRG75/BLU61

Comment

Originally posted by Strident
                  Can anyone post links to the "trailers for a next generation MMORPG engine" mentioned?
                  I'm not sure if this is what they are referring to, but when this tech demo was released everyone thought it was FFXI for the X360, everything got cleared out short after though.

It's the one at the center that says "uploaded: 5/17/2005"

I'm hoping to see this new MMORPG from SE in a year or two, so I'd still have time to get two or three more jobs to 75 before that.

Edit> I wonder if FFXI will end when the new MMOG is out or if it'll keep going...

Dynamis spoiler (Xarcabard)
                  Last edited by Raydeus; 07-17-2006, 12:31 PM.
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Gameplay Movie 2

pictures on official site

I hope this is what you wanted me to post.

Comment

Thanks!

Oh man, I really like those pictures with the city, it feels a lot bigger, and for some reason in the video I get a different, more real sense of perspective.

Comment

I was thinking that maybe the for each level you had up until 75 you get some cool starting items, maybe hats or masks that can never be gotten in the game.

Editted thread with a direct link to the tech demo video.
                        Last edited by Chrono21; 07-17-2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatproduct
                          So.. what's going to happen to the old FFXI? I've spent about 2 years trying to get
                          DRG to 75 (I'm slow, yes) and it would really suck if it all just ended like this.
                          If it is still making money then it would probably keep going, though as people quit or went to the new one worlds would be consolidated.
                          Originally posted by Meatproduct
                          Would PS2 be able to play the sequel?
                          The next generation massively multiplayer online RPG is being developed for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows Vista

It doesn't seem to make much sense to release an expansion and less then 3 months later announce what would most likely be the death sentence of the game.
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

BUT BUT BUT i just bought this one :|

Comment

Originally posted by Ashady
                              Don't worry to much, the new game won't be out for years yet.

My question is if they can pull it off? Afterall, there really hasn't been a greatly successful sequel to a MMORPG yet. Welll, maybe EverQuest II...

Guess if I had to ask a question it would be if SE will stay true to FFXI and have all the things that current players love about the game? Or will this be something entirely different alienating many old players?
                              The last remaining evil white mage on Ramuh.
                              Killing tanks since 2004

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
                              "I can picture in my mind a world without war,
                              a world without hate.
                              And I can picture us attacking that world,
                              because they'd never expect it."

Comment

Originally posted by Ashady
                                It will probably be a year, probably two and maybe more before they release the new one.

Don' give it much thought.
                                Last edited by Shopee; 07-17-2006, 01:03 PM. Reason: The grammar, it has left me.

Comment

Working...
                                X