Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children English Voice Cast and Release Date Announced!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children English Voice Cast and Release Date Announced!

Nearly a week after the exciting announcement of KINGDOM HEARTS 2's release date and voice cast, Square Enix have finally announced the North American release date of FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children!

FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children, the feature-length CGI sequel to one of the most influential videogames of all time will be released on April 25th, 2006 in North America (April 24th in Europe).

The voice cast is as follows:

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children voice cast:
    Cloud Strife: Steve Burton
    Tifa Lockhart: Rachael Leigh Cook
    Kadaj: Steve Staley
    Rufus Shinra: Wally Wingert
    Reno: Quinton Flynn
    Rude: Crispin Freeman
    Yazoo: Dave Wittenberg
    Loz: Fred Tatasciore
    Vincent Valentine: Steve Blum
    Barett Wallace: Beau Billingslea
    Cid Highwind: Chris Edgerly
    Yuffie Kisaragi: Christy Romano
    Cait Sith: Gregg Ellis
    Red XIII: Liam O'Brien
    Reeve: Jamieson Price
    Tseng: Ryun Yu
    Elena: Bettina Bush
    Marlene: Wallace Grace Rolek
    Denzel: Benjamin Bryan
    Girl: Andrea Bowen
    Zack: Rick Gomez
    Aerith Gainsborough: Mena Suvari
    Sephiroth: George Newbern

Just a few months to go until two of Square Enix's biggest releases of the year!
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Re: FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children English Voice Cast and Release Date Announced!

Cool. Nice to see that they are using Steve Burton, Christy Carlson Romano, Rachael Leigh Cook and Mena Suvari for their respective characters that they VAed for KH/KH2.
    sigpic
    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Re: FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children English Voice Cast and Release Date Announced!

Hmmm, I hope the voices fit the character. If Christy messes up my Yuffie, I'm gonna be ticked!
      <:3_)~

Comment

Romano voiced Yuffie in the original Kingdom Hearts, and like most Final Fantasy characters other than Cloud, she didn't do a spectacular job or stand out too well. That was a first time thing, however, and hopefully her experience playing Yuffie in both Kingdom Hearts 2 and Advent Children have helped her fit the role of Yuffie better, along with the other characters in Kingdom Hearts 2 who are retaining their voice actors from the original.
        Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

I never played Kingdom Hearts so I have no idea what she could tentatively sound like. =/ If she did a mediocre job, then hopefully like you said her talent has grown and she'll do a better job with a huge motion picture, not just a video game.
          <:3_)~

Comment

I will agree that the VAs in KH didnt do a spectacular job. Maybe it just bothered me that Yuffie sounded too much like Romano's day-job character, Kim Possible. However I'm sure they will be better for KH2/FF7:AC. Hedy Burress had a fair amount of improvement from FFX to FFX-2, so theres always room for hope. Few can be like Tara Strong ;p.
            sigpic
            Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

That's great news for fans of the series of both Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Now that we kinda know what to expect them to sound like. Maybe it will encourage some of the newer fans to go back to old classics like the grand ol' FF7...

Comment

Not sure about FFVII AC, but I see a growing trend with new anime releases in Japan. Limited/Special Edition releases of anime now have english subtitles! This is probably due to the growing demand by importers and I'm sure this will eventually become standard within the industry.

Only catch is usually LE/SP cost 3-6 times their "normal" counterparts...

Comment

i'll be watching this with subtitles as usual, but it will be nice to have a crystal clear dvd version...

Originally posted by SevIfrit
                  we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

I really, really hope Advent Children is one of the first Blu Ray releases. It's probably one of the few films I'd buy on three different formats.
                    Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Im just happy that they finally have a actual release date for it....
                      The day Ronald McDonald is good at DDR, is the day this world ends.

Comment

yea, been like a year since ive seen the damn thing...

maybe they had to redo the whole thing again?D: like, for the 4th time?
                        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Wow it's actually coming to the US. I gave up and bought the JP version in December. Nice to see that it's finally coming out.

| 75 DRG | 75 MNK | 75 BRD | 37 WAR | 37 NIN | 38 WHM | 37 THF | 60 RNG |
                          | 65 SAM | 61 BST | 37 BLM | 46 RDM | 14 BLU | 10 PUP | 10 COR |

Comment

At last!!1 WE can finally see this clear on a nice tv and with american voices. I hope the wait is worth it!

Comment

Found some info about it on The Digital Bits.

Originally posted by The Digital Bits
                              Here's another title we're pleased to say has finally been announced (we just mentioned how hard Sony was working to get it done a couple weeks ago - down near the bottom of our 1/31 post)... Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children has been slated for DVD release on 4/25 (SRP $26.96) as a 2-disc special edition. You'll get anamorphic widescreen video, Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, deleted scenes, a story digest, a "making of" featurette, Venice Film Festival footage and a sneak peek at upcoming games in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII videogame series. FYI, a UMD version for the PSP will be available on 4/25 as well.
                              Anyone know what the "Compilation of FF7 videogame series is? I'm guessing ff7 itself, along with the Vincent game, but what else is there?
                              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Working...
                              X