X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New SE MMORPG in the works

Originally posted by Markham
    Hi, I'm Markham, a Lvl 21 WAR 8 WHM and I play on the Hydra (360 beta) server. This is the game xbox players have been waiting for (ffxi). However, now we're learning that our characters might be wiped at the end of the beta. This might be common knowledge to most of you, but to us first time MMO players this news was devastating! SE or PlayOnline never issued such a disclaimer.

Now I hear that SE is planning on putting another FF MMORPG out there? Tell me why I should buy retail ver FFXI in April? Xbox360 is also getting Vanguard and Huxley which both look to be great MMO's. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love FFXI and will still probably buy retail even if my character gets killed. I guess my question is this.....how soon for the next FFMMORPG and for how long will SE continue to support FFXI? Thanks!

well, it is a beta test... beta tests and player wipes are very common.

however, there is news regarding this in the main page of these forums now. all it says is, they 'might' not get deleted.
    Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
    G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
    San Doria Rank 6
    ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

Hi, I'm Markham, a Lvl 21 WAR 8 WHM and I play on the Hydra (360 beta) server. This is the game xbox players have been waiting for (ffxi). However, now we're learning that our characters might be wiped at the end of the beta. This might be common knowledge to most of you, but to us first time MMO players this news was devastating! SE or PlayOnline never issued such a disclaimer.
      Consider yourself lucky that SE is at least considering the option to allow your 360 beta character data to migrate to a retail server. Those of us that participated in the NA PS2 / PC beta had no such option. Interestingly enough when SE held their "Return to Vana'diel" campaign we learned that our beta character data had not in fact been deleted from Cactuar but that Cactuar ended up becoming Shiva and that our beta characters were still there. I hope SE lets you guys keep your characters because I know I would have liked that option back when I played in the NA PS2 Beta.
      Jaraude • Midgardsormr • KoolAid Linkshell

Comment

oh joy. as if we don't have enough Xxsephirothxx's and Xcloudx's running around...
        I don't particularily care for FFVII by the least, but come on-there's no originality in most names in any MMORPG. I mean come on, do you really think someone would be really named "I ownz you" at birth or the likes thereof. (I do happen to avoid alot of characters based on their names, did so in EQOA as well. What name someone gives to their main character can prove their lack of either maturity, intelligence, or both.)

Originally posted by tazirai
        I also think the producer lied about development being at 0% because of this screenie below.

This is a concept screenie of FFXI Online: Another World

....................................................................................................
        (My Note: Cutting down on space. So this won't be a long post.)
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Ill say this again LIE,LIE,LIE, they're pretty far into development, Id say by a year or more.

/agrees with Velen /slaps him.. /pokes Momi's eyes out ^^
        But read what was said. they did not state the development IS at 0%. Just that "As a result, Tanaka lists development at "zero percent," but adds that basic preparations are in done." Now, unless you got your information elsewhere rather than the quoted source in this thread's OP's post, they're not saying what you suggested.

Comment

I hope that the new game is like an MMO with a setting like in IX. Kinda victorian, elegant, just walk through Treno or Lindblum and youll see what I mean. we could do without the cartoony characters for an MMO though. they should go with maybe character models from XII. realistic but not completely boring, like EQ2 was.
          also they should make it for PC, X360, PS3, and Rev (for rev make the game on its own little mini hdd or something).

and please for christs sake make smn a true dd like it should be
          //Tempest\\
          Black Mage of Ragnarok
          Looking for 10-75 Set pt members

Comment

New MMORPG? sounds interesting =) wonder what it'll be like... i personally think they should just continue to expand Vana'diel

Current earth status

Comment

I hardly ever used summoners as pure DD in the single player games. Golem/Moogle/Silf FTW! :p

But yeah, bring back steampunk.

Comment

IMO i just hope it's not a FFVII MMO or anything alike.I really don't see how they could make ffvii a [good] mmo, anyways this is interesting.

Comment

Kingdom Hearts MMO

Comment

._. everyone would be Tri Wielding Key Blades and running up walls and having epic fights in sprawling metropolis settings while the Meteor-Shower Induced Rain sets the mood.

That's right. . . . TRI-wielding.
                    The Tao of Ren
                    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                    Originally posted by Kaeko
                    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Remember this? http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-...nix-Tech-Demo/
                      Sergeant Major
                      75PLD | 75NIN | 50RNG | 40BST | 37WAR | 37RDM | 35THF | 26SAM | 22MNK |
                      22DRG | 22DRK | 22WHM | 20BLM | 11COR | 13BRD | 10BLU | 08PUP | 01SMN |
                      Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Comment

Originally posted by Rai
                        thats where my pictures come from. Thanks for finding the vid.
                        It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                        それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                        Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                        A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, what is FFXI another world, Can someone please fill me in?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhound
                            Excuse my ignorance, what is FFXI another world, Can someone please fill me in?
                            Have you been reading this thread?

FFXI: Another World was the former name of FFXI, If you imported FFX when it was out in Japan, then the demo video came with it.

Comment

I just hope whatever release they do to follow up on FFXI uses the same system source as FFXI. Cous thats what I think is the greatest thing about the game. Just crank in a whole new elements and some kickass graphics ontop of a system that allready has the heart and minds of millions of people and it will rock.

Comment

FF7 wouldnt make a good mmo at all just my opinion. I do firmly believe thi sis the tech demo they were talking about.
                                I also think the producer lied about development being at 0% because of this screenie below.
                                This is a concept screenie of FFXI Online: Another World

You do realize that this picture has absolutely nothing to do with any future MMORPG from Square Enix? This is the very first image of what Squaresoft revealed of an early version of Final Fantasy XI at the Millennium Conference back in January of 2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X