This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New SE MMORPG in the works

SE is doing something very stupid if they plan on charging +10 dollars for each of their MMORPGs, which is numbered at 4 when all of them come out.

Comment

I fail to see what this has anything to do with XBox 360 by itself. If SE is developing a brand new MMORPG, it might come out when the successor to XBox 360 is released ... I'm hedging that they should focus releasing the game out on PC instead, the way Blizzard did with WOW (And they succeeded, surpassing 7 million accounts I believe) Consoles will be long dead unless PS3 and the technology it hypes changes this ... this is the primary reason why FFXI hasn't undergone major changes ... only content additions.

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru
        oh joy. as if we don't have enough Xxsephirothxx's and Xcloudx's running around...

The other day I saw a Sephirothsan on our server. I said to my son that Sefhirothsan, Sefirothsan, Sephirothsama, Sephirothkun, blah blah blah would soon be seen!! LOL Seriously, try to be ORIGINAL!

Originally posted by Kamodake
        umm... I dont think they are reffering to the the FFVII tech demo they showed honestly, pretty sure they are talking about the tech demo they showed when they announced FFXI was coming out for the 360. Remember that was the one with the city on the water and the people in FFXI-esque clothing walking around. They said something about seeing the future like that or something.

Anyway will be neat to see what they end up with.
        I guess we'll just have to wait and see. "Tech Demo" was all the article said and the FF7 was a tech demo also. Personally I think they would make MINT if they did a FF7 MMO. But like I said to my son.........Build a FF game and they will come!
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
          I fail to see what this has anything to do with XBox 360 by itself. If SE is developing a brand new MMORPG, it might come out when the successor to XBox 360 is released ... I'm hedging that they should focus releasing the game out on PC instead, the way Blizzard did with WOW (And they succeeded, surpassing 7 million accounts I believe) Consoles will be long dead unless PS3 and the technology it hypes changes this ... this is the primary reason why FFXI hasn't undergone major changes ... only content additions.
          You also have to realize that with WoW, they released their game in regions that SE did not. Namely Korea and China. Why China/Korea and Japan have bad history with each other. When I lived there Thats all you here on the news.

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
          LOL How ironic! The tech demo is the cg demo of FF7 and about 3 weeks ago my son and I were discussing the future of FFXI. One of the things I said to him was that there was going to be another MMO of a FF game. Then I told him that the smart thing for them would be to make a MMO of FF7 because of the high fan base for the game. This really isn't a huge surprise I don't think.
          FF7 wouldnt make a good mmo at all just my opinion. I do firmly believe thi sis the tech demo they were talking about.
          I also think the producer lied about development being at 0% because of this screenie below.
          This is a concept screenie of FFXI Online: Another World

The airship design is what interests me in particular. Also Its well knwon That SE used the Maya software to design The Spirits Within Movie, Maya can easily be translated into a playable game format. The characters in FFXI resemble a lower poly version of those seen in FF:SW. They coulda been working on this for a long time in anticipation of a new system or better PC's. Besides if they were at 0%(lie.LIE,LIE,LIE..) why do the tech demo pics look so good and highly detailed?

I've done working models and tech demos for architectural homes and CAD designs. and You never, NEVER have a demo set up that can't be used in an actual floorplan or modified into a future state. PERIOD, its a fundamental of programming and design.

These are the Tech demo pics

Look at sephiroths face in this demo pic of FFVII.
          It has slightly higher poly count than the woman in the above picture.

This pic below is a close up of a typical Bryce 5 Doll.

But when dealign with computer generated images its really easy to cut/paste hair and such onto a Doll. I play with photoshop/poser/Bryce/ studio max/VRS religiously. and its stupidly easy to do. It takes VERY little time for one experienced person to create a fully crafted Nude Doll with a skeleton. Maybe 1-2 weeks tops, That involves very little development costs. The actual time sink comes in placing that doll realistically in the environment which can take a month or more. Since it has to be tested completely for collision detection.

So Ill say this again LIE,LIE,LIE, they're pretty far into development, Id say by a year or more.

Originally posted by Kamodake
          umm... I dont think they are reffering to the the FFVII tech demo they showed honestly, pretty sure they are talking about the tech demo they showed when they announced FFXI was coming out for the 360. Remember that was the one with the city on the water and the people in FFXI-esque clothing walking around. They said something about seeing the future like that or something.

Anyway will be neat to see what they end up with.

/agrees with Velen /slaps him.. /pokes Momi's eyes out ^^
          It's Official Promathia Hates me....
          それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
          Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
          A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Taz,

Is it quite possible that the tech demo used might've been existing data that was used in creating FFXII? That all they did was embellish that world a tad bit to make it look like FFXI and that SMN character in AF is probably the model that the current one is based on (albeit, at a much poorer quality) ... therefore, you do not need to have an actual set from scratch taken from a game in development. You could do the very same with existing data from other sources.

I'm intrigued. What do SE do with all that stored optical data from previous works? Do they just transfer them to new media continually or do they purge them after a while? When they dismantled the Honolulu office here several years back, I didn't go to the auction which I was invited to (Only a handful of people were contacted and sent invitations) I regret this very much, because I could've gotten a rack of servers for cheap and a small chance that there might've been data that was not overwritten >.>

Comment

OH GOOD LORD!!! I hope they aren't going to call it "Another World"! Lame! and besides there is a soap opera with that name. Let's not give people a head start on the drama idea!
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

The first names are usually just bogus aliases, i think we will actually get a FFXIV online :x

And, tazirai was way ahead of me, i wanted to clarify that the tech demo they mentioned was prolly the one in taz's post, and not FF7's.
                signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I remember seeing "Final Fantasy XI: Online Another World" as the original title for FFXI waaaay back in '98 or '99.

Comment

I hope they aren't going to call it "Another World"! Lame! and besides there is a soap opera with that name. Let's not give people a head start on the drama idea!
                    Drama - HL LS thrive on it, and it is unlikely to go anywhere without it because adolescents are greedy bastards

Maybe making the next online FF Soap Opera based would give us a never ending story. It'll be awsome, a recurring character, suddenly, gets replaced by a younger, hotter, actor, without any warning, the story takes expected twists and turns, and the web of who slept with who gets even deeper!

It'll be sooooooo awsome!
                    The Tao of Ren
                    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                    Originally posted by Kaeko
                    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

OH GOOD LORD!!! I hope they aren't going to call it "Another World"!

Oh no's! Does it really bother you that much? I mean, if the game is great, why be bothered by what it goes by...
                      Last edited by Doutreligne; 02-01-2006, 08:13 AM. Reason: Incorrect smiley

"There is no such thing as bad ideas, there's just a lack of will to execute them..."

Special thanks to Kagerou for the "colorgift" sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Doutreligne

Oh no's! :p Does it really bother you that much? I mean, if the game is great, why be bothered by what it goes by...
                        It was a joke, hence the ??

Comment

Oh, I know, but I saw this is the oppertune time to use my Drama Bomb. I don't get to use it very often...

"There is no such thing as bad ideas, there's just a lack of will to execute them..."

Comment

Thats the first time Ive ever seen a "drama bomb" picture. It gave me a good laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinspinner
                              I remember seeing "Final Fantasy XI: Online Another World" as the original title for FFXI waaaay back in '98 or '99.
                              You are correct sir, Thats when I first became interested in a Final Fantasy MMO and here 7 years later Im still playing ^^.

FFXI: Another World was the former name of FFXI, If you imported FFX when it was out in Japan, then the demo video came with it.

SE doesnt need to wai tfor technological advances hehe they help pioneer it. Same way Nintendo helped pioneer playing cards in the 1800's^^.
                              It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                              それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                              Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                              A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Angel
                                Thats the first time Ive ever seen a "drama bomb" picture. It gave me a good laugh.
                                Then my work is done. <Claps hands in order to rid them of dust>

Comment

Working...
                                X