X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SE MMORPG in the works

from an IGN summary of a Famitsu xbox360 article:

Hiromichi Tanaka, Square Enix
    The producer of Final Fantasy XI revealed that development is getting into gear on Square Enix's next-generation massively-multiplayer-online RPG, the one stemming from the tech demo that Square Enix showed at last year's E3. Currently, the development staff is working on the final direction of the game, with only a few areas having taken form. As a result, Tanaka lists development at "zero percent," but adds that basic preparations are in done. He won't comment on a release date.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/684/684414p1.html

Thanks Yyg!

Re: New SE MMORPG in the works

Oh YES! I just knew this was gonna happen! I can't tell you how delighted I am to hear that! Kudos SE, and go for it!

"There is no such thing as bad ideas, there's just a lack of will to execute them..."

Special thanks to Kagerou for the "colorgift" sig.

Comment

Well I hope we see it here in the States as an official release. I was really disappointed not to see Front Mission: Online, and Im not sure if we're getting Fantasy Earth or not- but the game didnt appeal to me much.

Comment

Front Mission Online is in alpha for NA, it's simply a matter of the Devs having some problems. (Friend of mine in the Alpha told me this) Fantasy Earth will be NA as well, eventually, but will have seperate servers for NA and JP and EU if it comes out across the 3 regions.

Fantasy Earth is the pick-up and play MMORPG from SE, possibly their answer to WoW, but since FFXI is a better game, they don't need an answer. FE is more likely just a simple MMORPG for those that can't enjoy FFXI due to the time sinks and the length.
        The Tao of Ren
        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        Originally posted by Kaeko
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

LOL How ironic! The tech demo is the cg demo of FF7 and about 3 weeks ago my son and I were discussing the future of FFXI. One of the things I said to him was that there was going to be another MMO of a FF game. Then I told him that the smart thing for them would be to make a MMO of FF7 because of the high fan base for the game. This really isn't a huge surprise I don't think.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Wait, you and your son talk about the future of a computer game? Geez, my dad isn't the least bit interested about any game I play. You are so lucky you can share something with your son... ;_;

"There is no such thing as bad ideas, there's just a lack of will to execute them..."

Special thanks to Kagerou for the "colorgift" sig.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
              LOL How ironic! The tech demo is the cg demo of FF7 and about 3 weeks ago my son and I were discussing the future of FFXI. One of the things I said to him was that there was going to be another MMO of a FF game. Then I told him that the smart thing for them would be to make a MMO of FF7 because of the high fan base for the game. This really isn't a huge surprise I don't think.
              oh joy. as if we don't have enough Xxsephirothxx's and Xcloudx's running around...

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

lol. dont forget about the safe(r)(est)(erest)sephiroths and Dark<enterFFVIInamehere>!
                Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Isn't Fantasy Earth a DAoC style PvP MMO? If it's set up with a primary focus on PvP it doesn't really matter how shallow or easy the PvE game is. If the PvP is good then the main thing stopping it from competing with WoW is the cutesy art.

Comment

I'm excited and scared....This could be the part where they unleash the weapons on us..... A MMORPG of FFVII would be amazing but wouldn't the world be kinda small and that would be hard for SE since it already has a story line. A few Story lines actually, FFVII-Advent Children, Drige of Cerberus, Before Crisis. But who knows what is in store for FF Players (SE of course)
                    Summoners....There might be a lot but one will always be better than the others.

Alexander will rise again

Comment

Hi, I'm Markham, a Lvl 21 WAR 8 WHM and I play on the Hydra (360 beta) server. This is the game xbox players have been waiting for (ffxi). However, now we're learning that our characters might be wiped at the end of the beta. This might be common knowledge to most of you, but to us first time MMO players this news was devastating! SE or PlayOnline never issued such a disclaimer.

Now I hear that SE is planning on putting another FF MMORPG out there? Tell me why I should buy retail ver FFXI in April? Xbox360 is also getting Vanguard and Huxley which both look to be great MMO's. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love FFXI and will still probably buy retail even if my character gets killed. I guess my question is this.....how soon for the next FFMMORPG and for how long will SE continue to support FFXI? Thanks!

Comment

umm... I dont think they are reffering to the the FFVII tech demo they showed honestly, pretty sure they are talking about the tech demo they showed when they announced FFXI was coming out for the 360. Remember that was the one with the city on the water and the people in FFXI-esque clothing walking around. They said something about seeing the future like that or something.

Anyway will be neat to see what they end up with.
                        I seek the history of this world, Vana'diel. All of its legends, all of its secrets await me.
                        My search will continue until I know the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Markham
                          Hi, I'm Markham, a Lvl 21 WAR 8 WHM and I play on the Hydra (360 beta) server. This is the game xbox players have been waiting for (ffxi). However, now we're learning that our characters might be wiped at the end of the beta. This might be common knowledge to most of you, but to us first time MMO players this news was devastating! SE or PlayOnline never issued such a disclaimer.

Now I hear that SE is planning on putting another FF MMORPG out there? Tell me why I should buy retail ver FFXI in April? Xbox360 is also getting Vanguard and Huxley which both look to be great MMO's. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love FFXI and will still probably buy retail even if my character gets killed. I guess my question is this.....how soon for the next FFMMORPG and for how long will SE continue to support FFXI? Thanks!
                          The article states the game has not started development yet. It has only been layed out and planned.

Comment

I'm pretty sure we'll see Front Mission Online here by the end of the year, or at least early next year. A PS2 release seems quite unlikely, though.
                            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                            Currently Playing:
                            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Markham

FFXI will probably persist and be updated and expanded until there aren't enough subscribers to still make a profit off it. EQ is still around after all. A new MMORPG can take 5 or more years from concept to retail. Huxley is a FPS and Vanguard:SoH is confirmed to not be in the works for the 360.

Comment

Working...
                              X