Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Version Update (Oct. 15)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINAL FANTASY XIV Version Update (Oct. 15)

SQUARE ENIX Support Center

A version update of FINAL FANTASY XIV was performed at the following time.

*The software client will begin updating automatically the next time you run FINAL FANTASY XIV.

[Date & Time]
    Oct. 15, 2010 at 1:45 AM (PDT)

[Affected Service]
    FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Important Update Details]

- Market wards have been modified as follows:
    * Wards are now assigned specific item categories.
    * Items corresponding to a ward’s item category will receive lower tax rates than items that do not correspond to the category.
    * For an example of the new ward names and item categories, please visit the following page:
    ( FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone )

- Targeting and selecting a retainer will automatically open their Bazaar.

- The party bonus system (which awards bonus skill points for battles fought in a party) has been changed so that the bonus is awarded based on the number of fellow party members in the same area who are within the appropriate skill rank range, not simply the total number of party members.

* The party bonus system awards more points when there are more party members within the appropriate skill rank range.
    * In this case, "appropriate skill rank range" means a skill rank no more than five ranks lower or higher than your own.

- The maximum numbers of crystals and shards each character and retainer is capable of carrying have been changed to 9,999.
    * With the maximun numbers of crystals and shards that can be transferred at one time through trade and bazaar will remain as 999.
    * This is a temporary measure and crystals or shards obtained in excess of this amount will automatically be discarded. The system is undergoing a fundamental redesign and adjustments will continue to be made.

* Caution on numbers that can be traded at one time through trade and bazaar has been added at around 2:50 PDT on Oct. 15, 2010.

- NPC display priority has been modified. This will ensure that important NPCs, such as Baderon, are displayed first.

- An issue where the retainer would not appear when summoned with the Summoning Bell has been fixed.

- An issue where the retainer would be visible to other players when summoned with the bell has been fixed.

- An issue where text commands could be used to equip items that the player should not have been able to equip has been fixed.

Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Version Update (Oct. 15)

yay they are improving FFXIV

Comment

SE gives the players too much credit.

I tried going to the battlecraft ward with the simple task of buying a new weapon. Not ONE bazaar had a weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyotsha View Post
        SE gives the players too much credit.

I tried going to the battlecraft ward with the simple task of buying a new weapon. Not ONE bazaar had a weapon.
        Sorry, I'll organize the Emergency Crafters Association's code-black response team and we'll get right on this.

Just give it a few days.

Comment

And RDM gets nothing again!

...what? <_<
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Wasn't there supposed to be a search option for wards?
            sigpic

Comment

No, that was speculation.

Until now.

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
                Wasn't there supposed to be a search option for wards?
                They said:

"We will be closely monitoring the trends and developments of the market system following the implementation of these revisions and new features, and will continue to make further adjustments and alterations to improve player usability and convenience. For example, we are currently looking into options that will provide players with precise information as to which items are located in which market areas, or the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers, and more."

So this is a stop gap measure while they either work on some additional changes or watch to see if this stop gap measure is enough to shut us up and forget about adding the rest. I take it that "closely monitoring the trends" means they are going to sit back and watch to see how things go. "We are currently looking into options" means they are sitting around talking about it, imo. Personally I don't think this little band-aid is going to placate people and they will have to implement something.

EDIT: Just read this:

"Q. Today's maintenance introduced several changes to the Markets. Are there further changes planned?
                A. The Markets have been a hot topic since the game's release, and today's maintenance was the first step in making this feature better suited to the needs of the players. With that step we saw the introduction of a one-click targeting system, making it easier to access a retainer's list of wares. We also saw a renaming of the wards combined with a reduced-tax system aimed to promote a more organized distribution of goods, therefore making it easier for players to find the items they seek.

For our next step, we plan on introducing additional features to make navigating the Markets even easier. These include the implementation of a search feature that will not only help players locate items in a Market district, but then display an icon next to the retainers who have those items, reducing the hassle of having to look through the inventories of retainers who may not have what a player seeks.
                "

Finally, a concrete yes we are doing this! Add to it that we get another free month and I'll stick around for another month and see how things go. I have to say that this is a step in the right direction. 1) Communicating with the player base - albeit a bit round-a-bout but they got around to it 2) Taking note of whats irritating players and implementing a fix - not having to wait years for them to fix things and not hearing that this is our game and you'll play it or fuck off, is like a breath of fresh air from SE.
                Last edited by TheGrandMom; 10-15-2010, 09:04 AM.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

It looks like SE finally got the fucking message.It only took them 8 years of XI and a slew of horrible launch reviews for XIV but they're finally listening to us.

If they keep this up XIV may yet turn out great. I'm still extremely annoyed though by their announcement of continuing the 3-month major update schedule they use with XI. I was rather enjoying the slew of smaller, more frequent updates in XIV thus far, as it keeps things fresh.

Unless they plan to keep doing both? That'd be cool. Small, tiny updates to keep us occupied in between the major quarterlies would be perfect.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post

It looks like SE finally got the fucking message.It only took them 8 years of XI and a slew of horrible launch reviews for XIV but they're finally listening to us.

If they keep this up XIV may yet turn out great. I'm still extremely annoyed though by their announcement of continuing the 3-month major update schedule they use with XI. I was rather enjoying the slew of smaller, more frequent updates in XIV thus far, as it keeps things fresh.

Unless they plan to keep doing both? That'd be cool. Small, tiny updates to keep us occupied in between the major quarterlies would be perfect.
                    They will be doing both. The 3 month updates are major content additions, while the updates they are doing now are bug-fixes and smaller additions that should of been rectified in Alpha.
                    sigpic

Comment

I mostly cared about account-based retainers. Despite the problems the game offers to paying customers, I would play the game with bugs, lag and any problem you can think of as long as I have my account-based retainer. Crafting is so bad that it's good and I'm very addicted to it.

Comment

another version update coming on the 21st. curious to see what will be addressed in this one.
                        Character: Bricklayer
                        Server: Ramuh
                        31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

just have to read their last message to the community to get an idea of what that would be
                          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
                          X