Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Version Update (Oct. 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINAL FANTASY XIV Version Update (Oct. 8)

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...ee94f60fa6524c

Originally posted by Lodestone
    A version update of FINAL FANTASY XIV was performed at the following time.

* The software client will begin updating automatically the next time you run FINAL FANTASY XIV.

[Date & Time]
    Oct. 8, 2010 at 2:30 (PDT)

[Affected Service]
    -FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Important Update Details]
    - Made an adjustment to how experience points are distributed amongst party members. Instead of dividing a total number of experience points by the number of players who participated in the battle, it now distributes the total amount of experience points equally amongst all players in the party.

- The chat log will no longer close while entering text during the following processes:
    - When viewing a bazaar
    - When setting up a bazaar
    - During gathering
    - During synthesis

- An issue wherein a player would be unable to progress with the quest "Futures Perfect," if they join a party during the cutscene has been addressed.

- An issue wherein a player would be unable to start a levequest if they initiate a teleport at the same time has been addressed.

- Implemented a countermeasure for an issue which prevented players from gaining skill points during battle.

- An issue wherein the FINAL FANTASY XIV client would shut down when a player adds or removes a new party member has been addressed.

- An issue wherein players would take damage when executing a macro command for an area of effect action that is centered on themselves has been addressed.

- An issue wherein messages in tell, party, or linkshell chat would not go through properly has been addressed.

- Implemented a countermeasure for an issue where an item would not display properly under a certain condition.

- A rare issue wherein an item data would get corrupted during a server outage has been addressed.
    * We have confirmed that if a player attempts to put this corrupted item into their bazaar, it would cause the server to go down. We are currently in the process of addressing this issue, but until then, we have placed a temporarily restriction on these corrupted items which were being sold by certain players. We will be providing an update on this situation once we have a better idea on when the the actual fix will take place. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

- An issue wherein the login queue would not work as intended during server congestion has been addressed.

- Implemented a countermeasure to prevent server outages under a certain condition.

- Other miscellaneous issues have been addressed.
    * The previously announced improvements to the market system are currently in the final preparation stages and will be ready by the version update next week. Please keep an eye out for future announcements regarding this matter.
    Character: Bricklayer
    Server: Ramuh
    31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Version Update (Oct. 8)

Sweet. Maybe now aethyrite sites will be chatterboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SE
      Made an adjustment to how experience points are distributed amongst party members. Instead of dividing a total number of experience points by the number of players who participated in the battle, it now distributes the total amount of experience points equally amongst all players in the party.
      You know when I first read this I got excited but the logical part of my brain smacked me down. I thought, for a second, that it would mean that now my Con or Thm would get equal job experience but my brain knows better...that would just be too good to be true. lol

Originally posted by SE
      - When viewing a bazaar
      - When setting up a bazaar
      - During gathering
      - During synthesis
      Well thank you jesus! lol I was trying to type to the ls while crafting one day and I started swearing over this issue. (I think Aeni was doing it to me on purpose to torture me.... )

Originally posted by SE
      We have confirmed that if a player attempts to put this corrupted item into their bazaar, it would cause the server to go down.
      OMG! I would SOOOOOO do this on purpose! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Awesome bug!

Originally posted by SE
      The previously announced improvements to the market system are currently in the final preparation stages and will be ready by the version update next week.
      /em does a chair dance!
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

The corrupted item is the Onion Helm

Comment

Ya but they have already taken measures to not let it happen.........damn.
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Well, glad to see they're doing something. Maybe by the time I join via PS3, everyone will be happy and we can all play like one big happy family. :D

/J9'd
            Originally posted by Yygdrasil
            Originally posted by Nandito
            Ponies.

Duh.
            You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandito View Post

/J9'd
              I call an incomplete! There are no mew's/squee's/!!!!'s so it can't be a full J9!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                I call an incomplete!
                Post interference. Five exclamation mark penalty. First post.
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Originally posted by Armando
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Bricklayer View Post
                  rare issue wherein an item data would get corrupted during a server outage has been addressed.
                  * We have confirmed that if a player attempts to put this corrupted item into their bazaar, it would cause the server to go down. We are currently in the process of addressing this issue, but until then, we have placed a temporarily restriction on these corrupted items which were being sold by certain players. We will be providing an update on this situation once we have a better idea on when the the actual fix will take place. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
                  Implemented a countermeasure to prevent server outages under a certain condition.
                  Other miscellaneous issues have been addressed.
                  I'm very curious as to what they're alluding to. Notice they have not mentioned at all the gil exploit. They know it exists. We know it exists. Something tells me that after admitting there was an issue with the Thaumaturge exploitation that they immediately decided to desist communication about all exploits. Either they are mindful of their game under review for publications around the world or they are not able to fix this (and other) exploits.

I'm still waiting on my account-based retainer. WTF

Comment

MARKET FIXES! SQUEEMEW!!!

^ satisfied TGM? lol.
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

So what exactly will those market "fixes" be about?

PS > Keep going SE, I'm at 1 year and 2 months from trying XIV out, make me reduce the waiting time by making this game work properly.

PPS > As a reference that sugoi! mission video made me push my joining date by 2 months.
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        MARKET FIXES! SQUEEMEW!!!

^ satisfied TGM? lol.
                        Mal, thats next week...or so they say. And I'll be satisfied if whatever they plan to do is a significant help and not just some band-aid to try and get people to shut up.

Ray, I believe the fix they will be implementing next week is where they will make it so you can sell certain items in certain wards and incur a lower tax. So basically there will be a DRINKS ward and in that ward if you sell Meat Dishes / Egg Dishes / Grain Dishes / Vegetable Dishes / Sweets / Drinks / Seafood Dishes, the seller will pay a lower tax on those items. This will also help people when looking for items because HOPEFULLY people will make use of them in this fashion.

What they've also promised is some type of searchable database but I don't think that will be implemented next week...but I hope I am wrong. But this is why I don't think I am:

Originally posted by SE
                        We will be closely monitoring the trends and developments of the market system following the implementation of these revisions and new features, and will continue to make further adjustments and alterations to improve player usability and convenience. For example, we are currently looking into options that will provide players with precise information as to which items are located in which market areas, or the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers, and more.
                        Last edited by TheGrandMom; 10-08-2010, 06:08 PM.

Comment

The fix is a 2-part deal. The first half, which we're getting sometime next week will rename the wards and give tax-exemption to any retainers selling goods to their respective wards.

The search feature sadly will come later, unless SE actually gets off their asses and surprises us. At the very least it will hopefully make things a little more organized.

They still need to adjust crystals though. I mean it's incredibly stupid how the amount of crafting material far exceeds the crystals available to process said goods. I just hit 18 BSM for example, and most of the recipes I need to skill on now require a minimum of 16 shards, and it only gets worse.

Then factor in, that you can only get up to 3 shards per gather, and 6 of any 1 type from mobs and it's rather lopsided. I have more Iron Ore & Limonite than I know what to do with, as well as a crapload of pyrite and silver (I had to chuck all my copper and tin just to make room) because they all take fire crystals to process, and those are very rare.

Yeah, shit needs fixing. I shouldn't be held back by my capacity to process materials.
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I think everyone should delete their current bazaar, and make a new one, a lalafel (so you can get more into an area and make it seem less crowded) and name them all something like...

IwantanAuctionHouseI
                            IwantanAuctionHouseII
                            IwantanAuctionHouseIII
                            IwantanAuctionHouseIV
                            IwantanAuctionHouseXXIV

Think SE will catch on? o:

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                              I call an incomplete! There are no mew's/squee's/!!!!'s so it can't be a full J9!
                              There also just wasn't enough blind optimism in Nandito's post.
                              sigpic
                              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                              X