Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the development and management teams! (09/29/2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask the development and management teams! (09/29/2010)

Ask the development and management teams! (09/29/2010)

The development and management teams continue to address the questions and concerns of the community in an ongoing FAQ.

The topics addressed this time around are the market system, anima, and food.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Markets
    Q. I have read that there are changes planned to improve the market system, but is there any more specific information available regarding these changes and the direction the market system will take?
    A. We have continued to receive copious amounts of feedback regarding changes that players would like to see made to the market system. As a result, we are planning a number of revisions and additions to the system, the first of which are scheduled to be implemented in the next one to two weeks.

Specifically, market wards will be organized according to specific item types, making it easier to consolidate similar items in the same area. Further, if an item sold within a ward corresponds to that wards’ item type, the tax incurred will be reduced. Items not of that ward’s category may still be sold, but the tax imposed will remain the same as it has up until now.

The planned ward names are as follows:

Limsa Lominsa______________Item Categories with Reduced Tax

Battlecraft Ward.................Pugilist's Arms / Gladiator's Arms / Marauder's Arms / Lancer's Arms / Archer's Arms / Shields / Arrows / Throwing Stones / Throwing Spears / Throwing Circles / Throwing Axes

Fieldcraft Ward...................Thaumaturge's Arms / Two-Handed Thaumaturge's Arms / Conjurer's Arms / Two-Handed Conjurer's Arms
    Fieldcraft Ward..................Fisher's Primary Tools / Fisher's Secondary Tools / Miner's Primary Tools / Miner's Secondary Tools / Botanist's Primary Tools / Botanist's Secondary Tools / Bait / Lures

Tradescraft Ward...............Goldsmith's Primary Tools / Goldsmith's Secondary Tools / Culinarian's Primary Tools / Culinarian's Secondary Tools / Carpenter's Primary Tools / Carpenter's Secondary Tools / Blacksmith's Primary Tools / Blacksmith's Secondary Tools / Armorer's Primary Tools / Armorer's Secondary Tools / Leatherworker's Primary Tools / Leatherworker's Secondary Tools / Alchemist's Primary Tools / Alchemist's Secondary Tools / Weaver's Primary Tools / Weaver's Secondary Tools / Crystals

Drinks.............................Meat Dishes / Egg Dishes / Grain Dishes / Vegetable Dishes / Sweets / Drinks / Seafood Dishes
    Grocers Ward....................Eggs / Dairy Products / Vegetables / Vegetables / Vegetables / Grains / Spices / Fruits / Mushrooms / Seasonings / Foodstuffs / Freshwater Fare / Saltwater Fare / Meats

Hunters Ward..................Corals & Shells / Teeth & Claws / Wings / Bones / Beastcoins / Feathers
    Chirurgeons Ward.............Potions / Remedies / Ethers / Toxins / Panaceas / Curatives / Reagents / Dyes / Paints / Oils
    Ironmongers Ward............Unrefined Metals / Metal Sheets / Metal Wires / Metals / Clasps / Chainmail Meshes / Armor Metals
    Woodcutters Ward............Raw Wood / Lumber / Planks
    Tanners Ward..................Hides / Leathers / Furs / Armor Hides / Armor Leathers / Footwear Parts
    Masons Ward...................Ores / Stones / Gemstones
    Tailors Ward....................Fibers / Cloth / Hooded Attire Cloth / Cloth Bodies / Smallclothes Cloth / Cloth Sleeves / Front Cloth / Back Cloth / Armor Cloth
    Tinkerers Ward................Weapon Heads / Weapon Parts / Weapon Butts / Weapon Grips / Fletchings / Shafts / Arrowheads / Hooks / Armor Parts / Sundries

Clothiers Ward................Undershirts / Full Plate / War Garb / Attire / Hooded Attire
    Jewellers Ward...............Necklaces / Earrings / Bracelets / Rings / Belts / Sashes
    Hatters Ward.................Helms / Hats / Covers / Crowns / Masks / Eyewear
    Glovers Ward.................Gauntlets / Gloves / Armbands
    Legfitters Ward...............Undergarments / Pants
    Cobblers Ward................Greaves / Shoes / Sandals

* Market area names in all cities are subject to change.

We will be closely monitoring the trends and developments of the market system following the implementation of these revisions and new features, and will continue to make further adjustments and alterations to improve player usability and convenience. For example, we are currently looking into options that will provide players with precise information as to which items are located in which market areas, or the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers, and more.

Also, we are now taking steps to increase the number of retainers that a character is able to simultaneously employ.

Anima
    Q. What is the deal with the anima regeneration rate?
    A. During the Open Beta, anima was recovered at the rate of one point every six hours (Earth time). Since service began last week for owners of the collector’s edition, however, that rate has been adjusted to one point every four hours.

Food
    Q. What kind of effects does eating have on my character?
    A. Eating food serves to temporarily increase certain stats, such as physical and magic attack power, or attributes, such as strength and dexterity. Also, there are foods and dishes suited more to the palates of certain races than others, resulting in more powerful effects.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    For example, we are currently looking into options that will provide players with precise information as to which items are located in which market areas, or the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers, and more.
    Thank f**king god!
    Last edited by TheGrandMom; 09-29-2010, 10:42 AM.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: Ask the development and management teams! (09/29/2010)

Too many wards.

Anima needs to regen a little faster. Like two points ever four hours, instead of one.

Comment

Thank f**king god!
      Ye

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
      Too many wards.
      If they provide a menu to check for items, its fine.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
      If they provide a menu to check for items, its fine.
      If they provide a menu to check for items, what's the point of having the wards.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Too many wards.

Anima needs to regen a little faster. Like two points ever four hours, instead of one.
        Did you miss...

the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers
        ...a possible searchable database it sounds like and that is a very good thing! And yes, anima is a pain in the ass and walking is even more of one. My friend used up damn near all his anima in 4 days so he was bumming teleports off us. Then to get 6 points in one day...ya like that really helps.
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

The crafting wards should be based on how you collect the required materials, or which jobs it's done through. A metals ward for all things created from mining, one from botany, etc. Not one for each item in the damn game.

Comment

But if there is a searchable database, that would mean that seperate wards aren't that big of a deal. You won't have to figure out what is sold where because you'll know where to go and who has what you are looking for. (At least I'm hoping they'll get it right and do it like that.)

Comment

Except if you have a retainer selling a full set of gear, one piece will have a lower tax while the rest get higher taxes.

There's too many damn wards, hell the entire ward system in and of itself is terrible as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather be able to actually have a full fledged shop then have a storage mule standing in the middle of a big room surrounded by other storage mules selling 10 random items.

If they do implement a searchable database, then the entire concept of Wards in and of itself will be made pointless.

Best way to have a Peer to Peer market system is to:

1) Add instanced housing
              2) Allow said instanced housing to have a shop added onto it
              3) Create a system that allows you to search through said instanced housing from a central location (preferably your own instanced house)
              4) Allow players to then warp directly to the house in which they item they're looking for is located if not buy it outright from the search menu.

If they're so keen on retainers and Wards, then just have the player choose which "ward" in which to have their house and have each ward act as groupings to help limit server load while searching or something.
              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I see it as another way to make more money too. If you have a full set and want to take advantage of the tax breaks then you'll need additional retainers, if you don't want to wait and sell them individually and move your retainer around. Additional retainers = more money. Thats why they've changed the number of retainers you can have.

Also, we are now taking steps to increase the number of retainers that a character is able to simultaneously employ.

Comment

Which is just plain douchy of them to do. The only reason I had so many mules in XI was because each and every one was a fully active, fully usable character I could play the game with had I chose to. But retainers are literally just cheap mog house knockoffs who can sell stuff. You don't even get to choose how they look, all you get is a choice between a bunch of random pre-made NPCs.

I am personally not liking the Retainer system at all. It's clear SE will use these as an excuse to limit actual storage, since now if you want(need) more you can just outright buy it! Which, in an already pay to play MMO is just bull crap to me.
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Ya, I had several "mules" and a few of them had multiple lvl 75 jobs. It was fun being able to change my race if I chose or go incognito on a day I didn't want to deal with my ls. Now its $3 a month for an additional character and that means I'll never have different races to choose from, not at that price.

And yes, the retainer thing is just all out stupid. There are very few pros and many more cons, imo. One of the biggest is that he can hold 80 items but only sell 10 at a time.....SERIOUSLY SE WTF WERE YOU THINKING YOU F**KING LUNKHEADS!

(Sorry...had to get that off my chest...)

Comment

I'll be honest, if extra characters were still a buck a pop, I'd probably have two. Most of my friends joined Lindblum, but I know some people who went to Besaid for the RPing and it seems like they're having a lot of fun.

But the whole extra character/retainer price crap has rubbed me the entirely wrong way since it was initially announced.

Comment

One of the biggest is that he can hold 80 items but only sell 10 at a time.....SERIOUSLY SE WTF WERE YOU THINKING YOU F**KING LUNKHEADS!
                        PS3 limitations... oh wait!

Seriously though TGM, why the fuck are you playing 14? I honestly thought after extensive exposure to S-E and their asshattery you'd give this a wide berth especially after having played beta.

Comment

After reading everyone's opinions (even the live stuff, not beta problems), I don't see why anyone plays this game. Maybe in 6 months to a year when its actually ready to be live, but right now all I'm reading are the problems with the UI and economy design, etc. And yet people still say they enjoy it...
                          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

ITT, bawwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
                              PS3 limitations... oh wait!
                              Seriously though TGM, why the fuck are you playing 14? I honestly thought after extensive exposure to S-E and their asshattery you'd give this a wide berth especially after having played beta.
                              Because I like to believe that they have changed, will listen to us, and eventually have a rocking game. I want them to succeed, I'm a fangirl.

ITT, bawwwwwwwwwwww
                              But I'm a realistic fangirl and realize that SE is not perfect and things are wrong with the game. I will also inform my fellow gamer of these issues that frustrate me, and that I have every right to vent about. And if some people don't like that, then they can keep their trolling to themselves or contribute to the discussion in a mature manner.

Comment

Working...
                              X