• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ≪Jul. 21, 2009 (JST) Update Details≫

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
    Could be worse, I could be in your server. o_O
    Yeahhhhh.

I agree with Armando three-hundred percent.

Comment

Too bad I never stay above 500 AN for more than a week...
      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
        Yeahhhhh.

I agree with Armando three-hundred percent.
        You need to show up on Fenrir one of these days so I can stalk you. But it needs to be after 7pm central because I work.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

You need to show up on Fenrir one of these days so I can stalk you. But it needs to be after 7pm central because I work.
          In other news, Feba went back to his old Avatar Character.
          {New Sig in the works}
          -----------------------
          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
          Originally posted by Solymir
          What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I wondered why I rarely see you online. For some reason I thought you were EU.

Comment

Those Snow Wights scared the crap out of me, they're like UFOs. Can't target them and they aggro from above, seems you can sneak and invis around them. I like the Ruszor move that's Blizzaga + Terror, but I doubt that's the spell BLU's getting from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
                Also, how does that one mob DO anything, those tusks (or whatever) look truly awkward...
                With a lot of clipping.
                signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

thought you quit already, looks like I may have to stalk you when I get bored..
                  Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
                  Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

Originally posted by Gobo View Post
                    Campaign Items are medal rank, repeat, Campaign items are medal rank. 30k for own city, 45k for others.
                    Holy Crap, I can actually get these.

BTW anyone else think the next update is going to change the name of the Capricornian Robe to the Capricornian Rope?
                    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                      Those Snow Wights scared the crap out of me, they're like UFOs. Can't target them and they aggro from above, seems you can sneak and invis around them.
                      Those are the amphipteres. Snow Wights are just ordinary-looking skeletons. Like practically everything else in Xarc[S], they are VT to level 75.

Amphipteres are all Impossible to Gauge, also like UFOs.

Last night a couple of LS members were trying to campaign battle in Xarc[s] and someone managed to aggro a Greater Amphiptere and then train it into the campaign battle. By the time the battle finished it was sitting around the tag NPC aggroing people and oneshotting them (half of them were weakened, it was an insanely bloody battle with five companies of beastman and demon troops plus random VT mobs wandering into the battle area and aggroing people).

It seems like some campaign battle areas would really benefit from having more aggro-free area to fight them in, unless SE intends them to be basically uncontestable.

I like the Ruszor move that's Blizzaga + Terror, but I doubt that's the spell BLU's getting from them.
                      Nope, they get Sub-zero Smash, a physical attack + paralysis move, from ruszors (which, according to the spell info, are aquans, so I guess they really are intended to be walruses in spite of having legs and not flippers). It only costs 44, which seems fairly cheap for a level 72 spell, but idk how good the damage is.

They also get Triumphant Roar, a +15% attack for 60 seconds self-buff from gargouilles. (It can be spread to the whole party with Diffusion.)
                      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Yup. I f'ing love having +29 STR, +24 STP and +11% Waltz Potency in battles now (and the 12 dmg down) hoooooly shit.

Also saw a Taru running around with a GAX that had delay -8 or something like that and Campaign: OAT with a DMG rating around 77 IIRC. Not too shabby.

Also, Xarcabard is a fucking death trap and I spent over 500k AN today on items and now need to replenish AN badly ><

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                        BTW anyone else think the next update is going to change the name of the Capricornian Robe to the Capricornian Rope?
                        I noticed that too.

As the for the new demon-dragon thingies... I thought they were only in Xarc, and that it was an HNM... until I saw two at once, raping several people during a campaign battle (they CFH on one of them). Then later on I was just minding my own business in Beaucidine when one just plopped down in front of me. I only just barely avoided it and it scared the bejeezus out of me.
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Some Things
                          - These items were all the sorts of things I could've wanted for AN. I always thought AN was a bit underdeveloped. Here they introduce a bunch of items that make you better at Campaign (much better in some cases), and others that are not completely useless out of Campaign.

- Sturm's Report looks like a book (probably because it is essentially Adelheid's item). Which goes great with the theme of my SCH. I highly approve. Now if only I could throw it like a boomering, that would make it complete...

- Took a point out of Beast Affinity to make room for a 15 minute Killer Instinct, for that extremely unlikely event I needed.

- Campaign in Beaucedine Glacier [s] is a nightmare. The Gargoyle things are like Mamool Ja in Besieged, only even more annoying because their AoE damage attack also comes with Gravity now. Not just Campaign though. Walked around the Glacer last night and there was dead people everywhere you turned.

- Worst thing about the update: Portia can't go down a flight of stairs without looking both ways.
                          sigpic

Comment

I....am pleased ^^

I am pretty sure I was the first person on valefor to craft a Fey Croizor. Smn Fae weapon. I've been looking for the recipe for the oberon's sainti, for my pup. If someone comes across it PM plz ^^

So I heard catastrophe was either broken or nerfed, as in, it was not returning any HP on use. I guess we'll see how that pans out.

I also encountered a bit of a snafu, or a mis-understanding, i signed up for a "Dohle's Union" and I wont' say i did my best ever, but i solo'd 2 mods and healed a few random fellow campaigners, and it said i had earned a chance at "Dohles spoils" and i went to open the chest, and there wasn't one.... Do you have to have a minimium of 2 people in the union? I could have sworn there was someone else associated with that union but i could be wrong. If they leave you get nothing right??

Glacier didn't seem like a bad place to duo at all, I solo'd a couple Gargouille's, got a piece of gargoiille shank... we'll have to see how the new items affect the economy.

Also seeing like 102 lvl 75's in palboroguh mines made me laugh ^^

p.s. I just had an odawalla bar. It was actually really fucking good.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

yes.... I solo'd two MOD's....balfree and PiNg.

Comment

One thing about the campaign update... now everybody and his dog are going to campaign battles. 100+ players plus the average group of beastmen equals a very quick zerg. And that means that mages, especially us poor laggy PS2 users, have trouble getting enough points (somewhere between 200 and 300xp, I think) just to qualify for the damn union treasure. And even if you do, your only 900+ lot will likely be out-lotted. So far I've only gotten one Ebony Log out of about 3 or 4 battles where I did qualify. A FREAKING LOG. IT'S BIG, IT'S HEAVY, IT'S WOOD.

And of course you can't see campaign mobs on Wide Scan (I tried), so anyone kiting one could still get away with it. Except for one thing. Because of all the competition, people are now running out to where the beastmen are coming from and killing them long before they reach the fort. And when one dies in about 15 seconds, it takes me another 15 seconds to click through to target another one, by which time it's almost dead before I can get in my first hit.

And this makes the battles so short that you can't keep up with them, and constantly warp into zones where a battle just ended. Or ends just as you reach the fort. Or is nothing but fort bashing because you missed the battle. Too bad if it's a beastmen zone and you have to walk all the way back.

Hopefully this won't be so bad in a week or two after the newness has worn off.

And thanks SE for screwing up the campaign warp menu. At first we had this nice, pristine menu, with all the areas lined up in a sensible order. Then someone added the three new zones, without paying attention to the nation order in the original menu, and tacked them on at the end, even though they belonged up near the top. And now they've jammed in the two new zones at the top, so my muscle memory of navigating the menu is all messed up because there are only two new zones, not three. At least I can still go to the end and one page back to get to Saruta_S.

And WTF SE about joining a Union? Why do you have the "Do you REALLY want to join a Union? yes/NO" menu when the next one not only lets you cancel, but defaults to it? So we have three chances to fuck it up, if you count just finding the option in the first place. And if I fuck it up, I have to select the C.A. again through the sea of people and NPCs and get three more chances to fuck it up. Was someone even paying attention when they added that option?

As for UFO mobs near a campaign battle, that is 200 proof pure lulz. Since they all count as NMs, they won't depop outside their area. And they have a short (for an NM) respawn time, so I have a feeling we'll be seeing some jokers trying to MPK with them, oh yeah.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
                              I also encountered a bit of a snafu, or a mis-understanding, i signed up for a "Dohle's Union" and I wont' say i did my best ever, but i solo'd 2 mods and healed a few random fellow campaigners, and it said i had earned a chance at "Dohles spoils" and i went to open the chest, and there wasn't one.... Do you have to have a minimium of 2 people in the union? I could have sworn there was someone else associated with that union but i could be wrong. If they leave you get nothing right??
                              The messages are a little fucked up, which makes it more confusing. Here's how it works:

1) You get tags, then join the union (fun in itself, as you see from above). More people will probably join afterward, so the numbers you see don't really mean anything.

2) You fight.

3) Battle ends, chests appear. In nation zones, they appear by the flag, but I dunno yet about beastmen zones.

4) If you didn't get enough to qualify, you get to QQ.

5) Someone opens up the chests. That's when you get the totally fucked up message that says "You find crap in the chest!" Which you see for all the chests, not just yours, never mind that you didn't even open any of them.

6) The drops go into treasure lot, and you get a dynamis-style lot window that shows the highest lot so far on something.

7) You lot and QQ as your only 900+ lot gets out-lotted. Or you get A FREAKING LOG as your treasure.
                              Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                              99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                              F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                              >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

I think it's safe to say I won't be doing Campaign for a while. I can't stand these zerg fests, which used to be only confined to Jugner Forest [s]. But for now, it looks like everybody and their mother is doing Campaign.

Besides that, if their goal of unions was to make people work as larger groups, I wouldn't call it a successful attempt. All Unions really encourage is for everybody to stay for the end of the fight (which can be such a pain in the ass when you know somebody is soloing one somewhere).

And of course you can't see campaign mobs on Wide Scan (I tried), so anyone kiting one could still get away with it. Except for one thing. Because of all the competition, people are now running out to where the beastmen are coming from and killing them long before they reach the fort.
                                I remember people doing that before they increased the Campaign mob's difficulty. Frustrating times...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X