Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handling Misconduct (Jan. 22) aka Ban hammer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Handling Misconduct (Jan. 22) aka Ban hammer!

Originally posted by Satori View Post
    I found this to help us get back on track.

Oh gawd my sides!!!!! LOL!
    Originally posted by Van Wilder
    Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
    Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
    I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Heh, what do you want to bet that we'll hear about these bans come the summer fanfest or whatever they call it?

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
        Heh, what do you want to bet that we'll hear about these bans come the summer fanfest or whatever they call it?
        I was under the assumption that there has not yet been a FanFest held in the summer. All three of them were in winter, actually: the first FanFest had people coming back with horror stories about how cold it was for such thin tents that they were in, and people brought their blankets, and so on. Aside from that, the 2007 FanFest was in November, and the last FanFest was almost two months ago.

Either way, with as much controversy it has apparently stirred up, I'm pretty sure that this will be the last we hear of Square-Enix concerning this issue.
        Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

FFFF06 was in March, which sane peoples can't really call Winter. Winter ends in February. That's it. It was just freakin' cold. And the problem wasn't the tent, it was just there to give a bit of privacy and stop wind, really. The problem was SE waiting so long to turn on and turn up their heaters and hand out blankets.

But again, if you weren't willing to suffer to see something awesome, you wouldn't be playing FFXI.

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
          Either way, with as much controversy it has apparently stirred up, I'm pretty sure that this will be the last we hear of Square-Enix concerning this issue.
          Highly unlikely. SE knows that almost all of the bitching is coming from people who WERE BANNED. Having dozens or hundreds of people out there going "I exploited the game, and SE banned me!" is an extremely effective way of discouraging such activity in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba
            Highly unlikely. SE knows that almost all of the bitching is coming from people who WERE BANNED. Having dozens or hundreds of people out there going "I exploited the game, and SE banned me!" is an extremely effective way of discouraging such activity in the future.
            Yes, but you're forgetting about those temp-banned.

The temp-bans are actually the louder crowd. At least if you were perma, you had no reputation left to work with coming back into the game, for the temp-banned its going to come back to haunt them - well, at least in linkshells that do have a moral compass or the ones that will develop one in the months to come.

Even going over Kaeko's take on it as a permaban, he starts pointing out inconsistencies regarding GM discipline on AV and other NMs... all of which has nothing to do with Salvage duping. He's trying to stretch it real hard to prove that SE has been inconsistent on enforcing the ToS, yet SE has never been inconsistent about discipline regarding duping. If they find out you duped, you're first in line for the boot.

Yet people are taking that kind of reasoning and running with it. It was better just to leave it at, "I violated the ToS, I got burned."

I never knew about the other duping tricks.

Reminds me of cloning tricks in Pokemon.
            Yeah, but cloning and hacked Pokemon always led to an army of Dittos in any game that followed.

It would be kinda funny that, rather than banning people, if SE just turned all their gear into level 1 RSE that they could never take off. Or Dittos.

Comment

Eh. If anything, being uneven in bannings may actually work in their favor. 'Ok, so SE didn't ban me for it that time, but I don't think I'm going to take that chance again' may be more of a deterrent to others; given it's impossible to ban every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                Eh. If anything, being uneven in bannings may actually work in their favor. 'Ok, so SE didn't ban me for it that time, but I don't think I'm going to take that chance again' may be more of a deterrent to others; given it's impossible to ban every time.
                I actually believe this to be the case. Its all part of the mindfuck strategy, though I'm sure some offenders will easily slip back into their old ways.

Still, I hope this makes players reconsider how they approach endgame, in addition to who they allow to lead linkshells.

Comment

Yeah, but cloning and hacked Pokemon always led to an army of Dittos in any game that followed.
                  I don't know about Generation II or III but cloning/hacking is very much possible in Diamond and Pearl.

Comment

Yeah, but they'll be dittos in the next round upon transfer.

Comment

If your in Colorado, Winter ends in mid-April. You can count on regular snowfall, sometimes as much as 6 feet, until then.
                      Originally posted by Ellipses
                      Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                      Originally posted by MCLV
                      A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                      More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Neomage View Post
                        If your in Colorado, Winter ends in mid-April. You can count on regular snowfall, sometimes as much as 6 feet, until then.

Its amazing when the purple-stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with a tuning fork does a raw blink off hari kari rock!

I need scissors! 61!

Comment

I think I will assume the honor of welcoming BBQ to the "completely lost it" club . . .
                          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            Its amazing when the purple-stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with a tuning fork does a raw blink off hari kari rock!

I need scissors! 61!
                            Something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go -- I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly... Suddenly, there was intense light all around me -- and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me...?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalMalachi View Post
                              Something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go -- I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly... Suddenly, there was intense light all around me -- and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me...?
                              SE banned you from FFXI.

Comment

To get this thread back on track, it's your friendly neighborhood Ebola virus, here to save the day!!

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                                Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                                I live to entertain!

Comment

Working...
                                X