Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handling Misconduct (Jan. 22) aka Ban hammer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Handling Misconduct (Jan. 22) aka Ban hammer!

if i can remember correctly i dont think bst was meant to solo, but since it can solo is it a glitch?...lol

Comment

I can't provide you the actual links since I'm at work and so most FFXI sites are blocked, but if you go to Allakhazam, on the main page there is a post about the bannings. Go to the comments of that post and you'll see that I and one other person posted EXACTLY where in the ToS and User Agreements the rules are stated. That would be your best bet.

The User Agreements show what date they were last updated. Regardless, Squeenix reserves the right to terminate accounts for any reason or no reason, as they see fit. I think I explained why they wouldn't just ban for no reason, either earlier in this thread, or there at the Allakhazam one.

Originally posted by CS_911 View Post
      talk to norm about that economy thing
      I don't have a character on Bahamut so I can't ask Norm. The thing about taking in more gil than it dishes out is a fallacy. Squeenix puts in money sinks like the AH fees and airship passes and Dynamis costs to pull money out of the system in order to stem inflation. Gil appears out of thin air in the form of beastmen gil drops, coffer/chest gil, npc selling, and quest rewards. This puts money into player hands so that they can use it to buy from NPCs or other players who put their items up for sale. That money is unlimited, which is why they have to put in game devices to take that money out.

RMT were using those gil founts to amass a fortune in order to then sell to players, who were then not frugal minded in buying because they didn't spend the time and energy to earn that money, leading to MASSIVE inflation. Almost EVERY time Squeenix clears out RMT, there are price drops. If there is not as much money to spend, prices have to be lowered or very few if any people will be able to buy said products. The player based economy in FFXI is actually pretty stable and fair, so long as the STF keeps the conterfeit money (RMT gil) out of the system.
      Last edited by EternalMalachi; 01-25-2009, 01:54 AM. Reason: Typos >.<'

Comment

I love when people try to compare this to things like logging hate or zoning adds.

YOU WERE DUPLICATING ITEMS! You weren't using loopholes in the hate system to make a fight easier. You were tripling the number of drops you got. Any and all points you make for the rest of your post are invalidated by making such an asinine comparison.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by CS_911 View Post
          if i can remember correctly i dont think bst was meant to solo, but since it can solo is it a glitch?...lol
          Thats ridiculous, any job can solo.

Stupid analogies are stupid.
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
            No, it can't. You exploit the game, you break the rules, you get banned.

Pretty much a one way street, buddy.
            I am guessing what he meant was whether what he did on MNK and RNG could be considered an exploit. SE fixed the RNG rapid shot bug within level sync parties, but by then many had already abused the bug. Did they ban anyone for this exploit? I suppose the real question is whether they considered it an exploit. To me, abusing the rapid shot bug is indeed an exploit, but given that there weren't any mass bans, we can only guess that SE disagreed and took it as a fault of their own.

Comment

like i said, i am horrible at explaining other peoples theories, but trust me, it makes sence what he said, and yes, s.e does give gil on quest but how many times can you do the exact same quest?, and how much gil do you have to spend to get ready for those quest? they are fixing the economy lil by lil but i think they dropped the ball with the npc selling value, also if any one of you guys readding this that likes to under bit by as much as 60-70%, i hate you alot.

Stupid analogies are stupid.
              it was a joke..-.- you people need to relax
              Last edited by CS_911; 01-25-2009, 01:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                I love when people try to compare this to things like logging hate or zoning adds.

YOU WERE DUPLICATING ITEMS! You weren't using loopholes in the hate system to make a fight easier. You were tripling the number of drops you got. Any and all points you make for the rest of your post are invalidated by making such an asinine comparison.
                I invite you to reread my post. Nowhere in my post was I trying to defend my use of the dupe exploit. Feel free to point any such comments out and I will gladly edit my post with their removal. What I'm talking about is the arbitrary nature of their bans, and how inconsistent they are. As far as me being suspended, it doesn't bother me at all. Come Monday, I'm back in the game -- along with folks who did more than just gain extra cells in salvage (i.e. nyzul drops, and even with the doomvoid scenarios). I find it strange that you aren't the slightest bit annoyed by that fact for someone who so wholeheartedly agrees with the bans.
                Last edited by hpsolo; 01-25-2009, 01:49 AM. Reason: clarify my point

Comment

i Also want to see a lvl rng solo a vt ot i.t as e-z as rdm and bst can, truth is some jobs can solo, not all.

Comment

Originally posted by hpsolo View Post
                    I invite you to reread my post. Nowhere in my post was I trying to defend my use of the dupe exploit. Feel free to point any such comments out and I will gladly edit my post with their removal. What I'm talking about is the arbitrary nature of their bans, and how inconsistent they are. As far as me being suspended, it doesn't bother me at all. Come Monday, I'm back in the game -- along with folks who did more than just gain extra cells in salvage (i.e. nyzul drops, and even with the doomvoid scenarios). I find it strange that you aren't the slightest bit annoyed by that fact for someone who so wholeheartedly agrees with the bans.
                    I don't recall quoting you. Perhaps I was speaking of the mentality as a whole and not to anyone specific.

Comment

In the meantime, SE continues to allow the use of programs
                      The reason I think Squeenix doesn't ban that is because the third party software that merely records/displays information is a lot harder or perhaps impossible to detect as opposed to the ones that actual affect the game, such as movement mods or claim bots, which also get reported by slighted players. The 3rd party software ALL violate ToS and Squeenix reminds us about so that if/when they can determine who is using the 3rd party software, they will be able to ban them. You were warned, after all.

No, they don't directly condone the use of these programs, but they indirectly do so by failing to devise a way to truly hinder or substantially dissuade the use of these programs that break their own ToS
                      Thats like saying you are at fault for some vandals breaking into your house and robbing you blind because you only had a deadbolt and not a fully integrated electronic security system. The rule breakers are the ones at fault.

And has anyone been banned or even warned about the AV fight? No. If Squeenix thinks that strategy is fair, they'll do nothing about it. If thats not how they intended the fight to go, they'll make adjustments to correct it, just like it was done w/ the Drk+souleater+kraken+zerg rush fix. Squeenix has not acted arbitrarily in the least. Why did some people only receive temp bans and not permabans? Well, Squeenix went through a year of logs, so the bans were probably not the result of ONLY the Salvage exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                        I don't recall quoting you. Perhaps I was speaking of the mentality as a whole and not to anyone specific.
                        My apologies... I was too quick to react to the references regarding the loopholes in hate and zoning of mobs, which coincidentally were points mentioned within my post.

Comment

It was also alluded to by CS_911 (I think, his posts are tougher to read), and most of the posts on BG defending the actions as well.

As I have mentioned numerous times. I'll wait to see how the bans really shake out before I look at how arbitrary they are.

Comment

; ; sorry eti

Comment

Its not all you. I'm old so that doesn't help.

Comment

Also, in regards to why the rapid shot bug didn't result in bans but this did, I am guessing either one of two things:

1) Squeenix is flexing its ban muscles to deter people from exploiting bugs until they are fixed. If you come across a bug and you know that abusing it can get you banned and that Squeenix is more than willing to ban you for it, you are less likely to risk your character for the minor rewards.

2) The conspiratorial way that the exploiters were abusing the glitch while attempting to keep Squeenix in the dark so they couldn't fix it resulted in Squeenix deciding that these are the kind of people they don't want in their game and removed them entirely.

Either one seems feasible to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X