Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handling Misconduct (Jan. 22) aka Ban hammer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Handling Misconduct (Jan. 22) aka Ban hammer!

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
    It's interesting to see too that they keep over a year's worth of logs on hand to look through.
    They have them all indexed on the quantum servers, (Zegapain Reference.) on a 20 Exabyte hard drive.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I'm suprised at how many people are shocked and hurt that SE would do this. the amount of entitlement and butthurt on BG alone is shocking. I say boo fucking hoo. When you find something like that, you know it is wrong, and you know that doing it will put your account in jeopardy. If you're willing to play with fire, you can't piss and moan when you burn your home down.

Comment

Seems like a big chunk of this was happening on Asura.

Anybody banned cuz dupe? - Forum - FFXIAH.com

HF playing a game with will now die ver quickly cause ur endgame has been demolished now

And no we did not cheat: we used just a programming mistake for our advantage thats all.

So these clowns get b& and that means endgame for the rest of the server is ZOMG IT'Z AWL OVAR? Sounds to me like more room for everyone else.

Also, epic logs are epic.
        Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
        99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
        F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
        >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Heh, I know a few people who were doing this. There were a couple of groups in my shell using it that managed to keep it quiet from the rest of us. The next few days should be interesting to say the least.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

HF playing a game with will now die ver quickly cause ur endgame has been demolished now

And no we did not cheat: we used just a programming mistake for our advantage thats all.
            LMAO at that quote

Yeah, that's sad, but it seems like they'd know SE would catch it sooner or later. The STF(U) is cracking down on everything as of late, so I'm not surprised at all.
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------
            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
            Originally posted by Solymir
            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I'm on Asura, and I didn't know about this 'til it was fixed.

That said, I don't think it's so easy to say who gets banned for this.

Consider: You're in an alliance. Before death, LS Officers dissolve ally.

2 of us want the item, we both get it. Which of us deserved it? We had no part in actually causing the dupe.

This would be like banning someone for using that infobar plugin to see Ixion's life bar. Do I use said plugin? No. Should I get banned because my LS uses it? I have Hermes' Sandals!
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                It is when you go back to find out who does this consistently and who doesn't.
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

In one ally, the 'leader' of the runs got a warning. The person that actually told everyone how to do it got banstick'ed so I think they actually did some real digging on this one.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I find it hilarious on how some are trying to justify doing it in the first place....

If you exploit a bug, its as bad as hacking, in the eyes of SE, and their eyes are the only ones that matters in these cases.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast View Post
                        Instead of banning said player, they should do a temporary suspension, check all of their inventories, storage, mog locker, etc and remove that item or whatever they received in drops. Instead of a permenant ban.

I think with the way that exploit was done, it could have been by mistake that they found out, and by mistake that it was used. However if these items are non-tradable they cannot hurt the economy. All these people have to do is go back and do more fights to earn it the correct way.

"Customer service is based on the customer, if you service yourself you're just masterbating."
                        Why? It says very clearly in the ToS that making use of coding errors/exploits is a bannable offense. SE has, in the past, banned people who've made excessive use of known exploits. Many, many, many people not only knew of this particular exploit, they intentionally went out of their way to ensure as few people found out about it as possible so SE wouldn't fix it. There was more then enough reason to ban those who got banned, suspend those who got suspended and warn those who got warned.

On top of that, this trick was also used in the Sandworm BC, which drops sellable items. If someone who did this trick sold the item to someone who didn't and then spent that money, what's there to take away?

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                        I'm on Asura, and I didn't know about this 'til it was fixed.

Consider: You're in an alliance. Before death, LS Officers dissolve ally.

2 of us want the item, we both get it. Which of us deserved it? We had no part in actually causing the dupe.

This would be like banning someone for using that infobar plugin to see Ixion's life bar. Do I use said plugin? No. Should I get banned because my LS uses it? I have Hermes' Sandals!
                        It's very easy to see who got banned when you have both chat-log records and drop records showing who's using it on purpose, who's doing it by accident, who's doing it repeatedly, who did it once, and who never did it in the first place.

And making use of a known and blatant exploit is a far stretch from making use of a 3rd pt app that tells the HP of mobs (but even then, I really don't see the need to use one of those, especially on a mob who's supposed to be different in that regard).

And rofl at the people on BG who are claiming this game is dead now because 500 Endgamers got the boot. If anything that would just open the game up more to some new blood, maybe even to people who don't exploit glitches!
                        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Illuen View Post
                          I'm suprised at how many people are shocked and hurt that SE would do this. the amount of entitlement and butthurt on BG alone is shocking. I say boo fucking hoo. When you find something like that, you know it is wrong, and you know that doing it will put your account in jeopardy. If you're willing to play with fire, you can't piss and moan when you burn your home down.
                          This, this, a million times this.

Epic QQ fest going on at BG right now, and I'm laughing my ass off, because I didn't do it and I'm logged in right now.
                          sigpic
                          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
                            Why didn't people get banned for the wall glitch on AV? Or for Soloing Genbu? Or anything else that's questionable.
                            Wait, what the fuck? Soloing Genbu is 'questionable' now?

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                            It's interesting to see too that they keep over a year's worth of logs on hand to look through.
                            SE: "Actually we don't, we just kept an eye on these people for a few weeks. But saying we have a year of logs sure scares the shit out of cheaters w"

Comment

The BG thread is exploding so fast I can barely stop laughing.

Main reason this is so hilarious is SO many people were full of so much shit over there when they fixed it and there was the patch thread about, saying nothing was gonna happen to them. I did kinda laugh at Stan's email response though lol, I heard mini got banned so I immediately thought he would to <.<
                              Cleverness - Hades
                              75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
                              DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Originally posted by Clever Ninja View Post
                                The BG thread is exploding so fast I can barely stop laughing.

Main reason this is so hilarious is SO many people were full of so much shit over there when they fixed it and there was the patch thread about, saying nothing was gonna happen to them. I did kinda laugh at Stan's email response though lol, I heard mini got banned so I immediately thought he would to <.<
                                The thing is, everyone thinks Stan is involved in shady shit, and he's not. People really just love to hate him I suppose. Stan does not have any full salvage sets, in fact I don't think anyone in his salvage group does. We also did not take part in Sandworm duping, and I can attest to that because I've done Sandworm with the linkshell many times before the patch and we never broke ally. People just like to accuse I guess, but when you're high profile I guess it goes along with it.

I think a few people in my ls did some duping but I don't know anything about it, hell, I haven't done more than 20 Salvage runs ever. Not really sure who, if anyone, got hit. I could make some guesses? But really have no idea until later. I do know of some people on the server who got banned but that's about it, and it's all a matter of three days before we know who's coming back and who isn't.
                                sigpic
                                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                                X