Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Features for Dancers and Scholars! (12/08/2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Features for Dancers and Scholars! (12/08/2008)

Dancers and scholars of Vana'diel, this is the day you've been waiting for!

The upcoming version update will have dancers and scholars across Vana'diel rejoicing in the streets, as it promises long-awaited features that will make these jobs more effective and rewarding to play than ever before!

Read on for the details!

-------------------------------------

The upcoming version update will see the introduction of two long-awaited features for each of these jobs: the Group 2 merit point category and relic armor. With release day drawing near, we've decided to give you a sneak preview of some of the new abilities that await you.
    So put on your dancing shoes, crack open those books, and read on!

Dancer

Job Ability "Saber Dance"
    -----------------------
    Increases Double Attack rate but renders Waltz unusable. Double Attack rate gradually decreases. Recast: 5min. Each upgrade shortens recast time by 30 seconds.
    -----------------------

Job Ability "Fan Dance"
    -----------------------
    Reduces physical damage taken and increases enmity but renders Samba unusable. Physical damage reduction gradually decreases with each hit taken. Recast: 5min. Each upgrade shortens recast time by 30 seconds.
    -----------------------

Scholar

Job Ability "Enlightenment"

-----------------------
    Optimizes both white and black magic capabilities and allows access to both addenda for your next spell. Recast: 10min. Each upgrade shortens recast time by 1 minute 15 seconds.
    -----------------------

Job Trait "Stormsurge"
    -----------------------
    Storm-type spells grant a bonus to attributes associated with their element. Initial bonus value: +3. Each subsequent upgrade increases bonus value by 1.
    -----------------------

Last edited by TheGrandMom; 12-08-2008, 08:31 AM. Reason: links added

Re: New Features for Dancers and Scholars! (12/08/2008)

Hmmm... so Enlightenment would only go down to 5 mins maximum and Stormsurge bonuses are +7 to attribute(s) associated with an element. Would that mean +7 AGI/Haste/Evasion/Ranged Accuracy for Windstorm? Guess we still have to wait and see.

Still thinking 5/5 on Stormsurge, iffy on Enlightenment now. Both still sound better than the stratagems added, aside from Focalization.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      Hmmm... so Enlightenment would only go down to 5 mins maximum and Stormsurge bonuses are +7 to attribute(s) associated with an element. Would that mean +7 AGI/Haste/Evasion/Ranged Accuracy for Windstorm? Guess we still have to wait and see.

Still thinking 5/5 on Stormsurge, iffy on Enlightenment now. Both still sound better than the stratagems added, aside from Focalization.
      Well SCH sure is going to use AoE weather effects now

Comment

Originally posted by Saphiera View Post
        Job Ability "Saber Dance"
        -----------------------
        Increases Double Attack rate but renders Waltz unusable. Double Attack rate gradually decreases. Recast: 5min. Each upgrade shortens recast time by 30 seconds.

Job Ability "Fan Dance"
        -----------------------
        Reduces physical damage taken and increases enmity but renders Samba unusable. Physical damage reduction gradually decreases with each hit taken. Recast: 5min. Each upgrade shortens recast time by 30 seconds.
        Has there been anything definite on whether you can have both of these up at once? (Other than the fact that it doesn't say you can't.)
        Ellipses on Fenrir
        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
        . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
          Has there been anything definite on whether you can have both of these up at once? (Other than the fact that it doesn't say you can't.)
          I'd say you can, since It doesn't say you cant llike you said lol. Not sure if they would be on the same timer or not though we'll see =]

Comment

They can't be on the same timer if they're both meritable for recasts.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Though plausible for them to make them like toggles (Light Arts/Dark Arts, Hasso/Seigan), there's absolutely no incentive to do so. Stack the JAs, and you simply stack the penalties (no Waltzes or Sambas).
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                Though plausible for them to make them like toggles (Light Arts/Dark Arts, Hasso/Seigan), there's absolutely no incentive to do so. Stack the JAs, and you simply stack the penalties (no Waltzes or Sambas).
                it would be good for TP gain at the start of your party's. It's not like you can use TP at the start anyway if you don't have any to use =P

Comment

Without the info on duration of Saber Dance and Fan Dance, it is hard to say.

It seems that a level 75 DNC/SAM can use Saber Dance to bridge the gap of Mediate (3 min recast), but it depends on how potent the Double Attack rate (which decrease over time), and how long it last.

As for Fan Dance, my first impression is "what?" ....
                  Server: Quetzalcoatl
                  Race: Hume Rank 7
                  75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Originally posted by Celeal View Post
                    Without the info on duration of Saber Dance and Fan Dance, it is hard to say.

It seems that a level 75 DNC/SAM can use Saber Dance to bridge the gap of Mediate (3 min recast), but it depends on how potent the Double Attack rate (which decrease over time), and how long it last.

As for Fan Dance, my first impression is "what?" ....
                    I guess it could be useful for those who like to tank at lower lvls lol...... I did it with Dancer and it worked out just fine with /nin. =]

Comment

I guess it could be useful for those who like to tank at lower lvls lol...... I did it with Dancer and it worked out just fine with /nin. =]
                      BTW how good does DNC tank after 37? I've only partied with a few that were 60+ and they weren't tanking.

I wonder if the DNC merits mean that SE is trying to shift endgame DNC from Hybrid Class to Tank Class.

*Urge to level DNC again goes up .5*
                      Last edited by Durahansolo; 12-08-2008, 06:35 AM.
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------
                      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                      Originally posted by Solymir
                      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

A group 2 merit is by definition not useful at lower levels.

Depending on how powerful the damage reduction and enmity increase are, it might make DNC/NIN a viable tank in some situations. Probably smaller parties; it seems like the nudges toward smaller parties and DNC go hand in hand.
                        Ellipses on Fenrir
                        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                        . . .

Comment

Goddamnit, I need to find a Dynamis LS now. I haven't been to Dynamis in well over a year since I got my Chapeau. I was hoping I would at least get to procrastinate on getting one for one more VU.
                          sigpic
                          Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

"Job Trait "Stormsurge" "

I'm willing to believe the effects are simply added to the weather spells, the spells themselves will probably remain the same, in duration and buff type.
                            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Meh. I just to find the first Treasure casket.. and possibly try out Fields of Valor ASAP
                              (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X