Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moblin Maze Mongers Set to Open for Business in Jeuno! (11/14/2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moblin Maze Mongers Set to Open for Business in Jeuno! (11/14/2008)

Feeling lost in the maze of life? Let Moblin Maze Mongers build the labyrinth of your dreams!
    We're here today in downtown Jeuno to bring you an exclusive interview with Goldagrik, the pioneering mind behind Moblin Maze Mongers!
    He spoke with us about his company's vision and the made-to-order mazes that are sure to delight adventurers across the realm.

------------------------------------

- Er, why don't you start by telling our readers a little bit about yourself, uh...sir.

"What'cha starin' at, missy?
    Never seen a Moblin dressed like me before?
    No wonder, 'cause yer speakin' to none other than Goldagrik—visionary among Moblins and the brilliant business mind behind Maze Mongers, Inc., purveyor o' the most marvelous made-t'-order mazes!"

- So what exactly are these mazes you build?

"What are they!?
    Only the most devious, diabolical labyrinths you've ever laid yer pretty eyes upon, lovin'ly crafted t'each customer's demanding specifications!"

- Designing a maze sounds terribly complicated...

Ohoho...fear not!
    Every Maze Monger customer will be provided with a Maze Tabula, y'see here? Just use one o' these to make a scale model o' yer dream dungeon and our expert artisans will take care o' the rest!"

- That certainly sounds simple enough! So did you have any trouble clearing the Grand Duchy's notoriously strict "Building codes?

Building codes? Not sure I follow ye, missy.
    Y'see, our mazes are built underground—under the ocean floor, no less.
    We Moblins have been drillin' down there for ages without worryin' 'bout no building codes.
    Our customers give us an order, we build 'em a maze, simple as that.
    How they use it ain't none o' our concern."

- The construction time you advertise seems awfully short for such a massive architectural undertaking...

"Look, us Moblins have been diggin' and delvin' in Movalpolos since yer granddaddy's granddaddy was in diapers. If ye can't trust us, who can ye trust? Eh?
    Precision architecture. Comprehensive maintenance. Safe and secure, with limitless possibilities! The perfect maze—of the adventurer, by the adventurer, and for the adventurer."

- But won't the expenses put a strain on adventurers' coinpurses?

"Thought ye'd never ask!
    Fortunately, my lovely secretary Chatnachoq is here t'educate our potential customers about Moblin Maze Mongers' three guarantees."

"Yes sir, Mr. Goldagrik, sir...

1) Challenging mazes for the self-improvement-minded adventurer!
    2) Delightful mazes that will attract scores of challengers (and admission fees for their owners)!
    3) Profitable mazes with piles of treasure to be had!"

- Well, I guess these mazes will offer something for everyone!

"Ye got that right!
    So what'dya say, adventurers?
    Won't ye be the first t'order yer own private maze with Moblin Maze Mongers?
    Act quickly, and we'll even throw in a special limited-time offer! Yes, that's right—
    (lengthy sales pitch deleted –ed.)
    Now there's a deal ye can't refuse! So what're ye waitin' for?"

- Well, uh, I guess that concludes our interview. Thanks for your time, Mr. Goldagrik!

Illustration: Mitsuhiro Arita

------------------------------------

This is just a taste of what's in store for adventurers when Moblin Maze Mongers opens for business for next month. Interested parties should make plans to visit the Chocobo Stables in Lower Jeuno for the grand opening!

(Interview by Vana'diel Tribune reporter Finleen)

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Re: Moblin Maze Mongers Set to Open for Business in Jeuno! (11/14/2008)

Why do I get the feeling there will be a tax on the admission fees lol.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Because you're a pessimist

Infact it even said players can make money off this thing by charging others to go in! O.o
      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post

Infact it even said players can make money off this thing by charging others to go in! O.o
        Actually I was joking, but remember it is Jeuno, so if it does happen I won't be surprised. I think it might acutally be a cool idea but I'll have to see how it's setup.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Yes, that bit was what interested me the most o.O!

Let's pray this is properly implemented without the usual lolIssues...

Yes I'm a bit pessimistic these days too.
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

my god, they are acutely adding this o.0

I remember them talking about it.....but we all know how SE is, I figured it would not happen ;p
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
              Actually I was joking, but remember it is Jeuno, so if it does happen I won't be surprised. I think it might acutally be a cool idea but I'll have to see how it's setup.
              And I was just teasing, and while it might not be taxed I can almost gaurentee that this thing will come with sizable gil requirements. You'll most likely have to pay for everything you add into it, meaning the best ones will be built by those with the most cash.

However, as said on another forum I visit, this has the potential to be as epic as ToAU endgame or as lolworthy as the Choco Circuit.

Comment

In before "I'm sure they'll find a way to fuck up somehow."

Comment

- But won't the expenses put a strain on adventurers' coinpurses?

"Thought ye'd never ask!
                  Fortunately, my lovely secretary Chatnachoq is here t'educate our potential customers about Moblin Maze Mongers' three guarantees."

"Yes sir, Mr. Goldagrik, sir...

1) Challenging mazes for the self-improvement-minded adventurer!
                  2) Delightful mazes that will attract scores of challengers (and admission fees for their owners)!
                  3) Profitable mazes with piles of treasure to be had!"
                  So, basically, "Yes."

I'll wildly speculate that you're going to need weird drops and crafted items with a whole lot of /random thrown in to get the little miniature thingamajigs you use to define what goes in your dungeon.

Although it's still cool, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.
                  Last edited by Ellipses; 11-14-2008, 06:26 AM. Reason: Counterbalancing cynicism, which is evil.
                  Ellipses on Fenrir
                  There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                  . . .

Comment

And I was just teasing, and while it might not be taxed I can almost gaurentee that this thing will come with sizable gil requirements. You'll most likely have to pay for everything you add into it, meaning the best ones will be built by those with the most cash.

However, as said on another forum I visit, this has the potential to be as epic as ToAU endgame or as lolworthy as the Choco Circuit.
                    Yeah I didn't think about that but we will probably have to pay for the things we add in. I wonder if you'll be able to buy mobs to put in there to fight on the way through, I'd just hate to be running through there solo and run into PW.
                    Last edited by Durahansolo; 11-14-2008, 06:34 AM.
                    {New Sig in the works}
                    -----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                      Yeah I didn't think about that but we will probably have to pay for the items. I wonder if you'll be able to buy mobs to put in there to fight on the way through, I'd just hate to be running through there solo and run into PW.
                      ....Pankemon!

Gotta catch em all D=

Comment

Oh shit! They're gonna require anyone who wants to build a dungeon to participate in Pankration!

Someone pinch me this HAS to be a nightmare!

/speculation

Also: looking forward to seeing this in action

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                        WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                          I'm sure they'll find a way to fuck up somehow.
                          So pessimistic, gosh!
                          sigpic

Comment

There's got to be some kind of limit to this.

I imagine that each maze will be active for so many weeks and/or each player or account is limited to so many mazes.

But WOO HOO!!!! :O

Think they'll let us put most NMs (I doubt we can add mobs like Fafnir...) into our mazes?! ^_^ I wonder if there will be a dynamis-like restriction (can only enter once every 3 days)
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                              In before "I'm sure they'll find a way to fuck up somehow."
                              Well I read the thread on BG before I read this one, so you weren't INB4 anything for me.

This sounds cool.
                              sigpic
                              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                              X