Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September Version Update Preview (08/29/2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Version Update Preview (08/29/2008)

Yeah no shit.

- Major battle-related tweaks and additions.
    Direct quote from the site

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

So... yah, I really want to see what SE defines as "major" >.>b

SMN FIX GO!
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
      So... yah, I really want to see what SE defines as "major" >.>b

SMN FIX GO!
      Oh great, here we go...

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
        I lol'ed.
        Here's what SE could have done:

- Shami now stores Beastman and Kindred seals.
        - Teleportation NPCs in the past will no longer disappear during a Campaign Battle.
        - Fellow NPCs equipment system will be simplified.

But its frontpage news so it has to take 3x the space or it wont look worthwhile enough ^^
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
          But its frontpage news so it has to take 3x the space or it wont look worthwhile enough ^^
          Sort of like our update threads here. We could just say "I like it" or "I don't like it". But nah, that's not our style. We have to find a way to stretch it into 3+ pages of exaggerated praises, complaints, predictions, conspiracy theories, and random soap box rants.
          Lyonheart
          lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
          Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
          Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
          Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
          Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

It's a forum. We talk about shit.

What the hell else are we going to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
              What the hell else are we going to do?
              Live the life of Riley?
              Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I noticed no one has mentioned the mythic weapons named "Conquerer, Glanzfaust, Yagrush, Laevateinn, Murgleis, Vajra, Burtgang, Liberator, Aymur, Carnwenhan, Gastraphetes, Kogarasumaru, Nagi, Ryunohige, Nirvana, Tizona, Death Penalty, Kenkonken, Terpsichore, and Tupsimati."

much less the known weaponskills that go with them named "Mystic Boon, Death Blossom, Mandalic Stab, Drakesbane, Leaden Salute, Stringing Pummel, and Pyrrhic Kleos"

These are all additions that are expected in the new version update as well, even though they haven't been mentioned in the update previews over the past week.
                Astral Candescence = Astral Candy (Yummee)!!!

Member of the Vermy Cloak is overrated club

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Cledwin View Post
                  I noticed no one has mentioned the mythic weapons named "Conquerer, Glanzfaust, Yagrush, Laevateinn, Murgleis, Vajra, Burtgang, Liberator, Aymur, Carnwenhan, Gastraphetes, Kogarasumaru, Nagi, Ryunohige, Nirvana, Tizona, Death Penalty, Kenkonken, Terpsichore, and Tupsimati."

much less the known weaponskills that go with them named "Mystic Boon, Death Blossom, Mandalic Stab, Drakesbane, Leaden Salute, Stringing Pummel, and Pyrrhic Kleos"

These are all additions that are expected in the new version update as well, even though they haven't been mentioned in the update previews over the past week.
                  erm, 'cuz they were already chewed to death in previous threads.....
                  sigpic

(\ /)
                  ( . . )
                  C(")(")
                  ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

Not all.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mauva Syndicate View Post
                      erm, 'cuz they were already chewed to death in previous threads.....
                      Erm... really? Which thread? I would like to read these threads if at all possible

Comment

Erm... really? Which thread? I would like to read these threads if at all possible
                        Apparently, you've missed a lot.

All the premium FFXI fan sites were invited to a summit this past summer, to talk with the developers. At the summit, they were given exclusive access to the Mythic weapons, to be released in the coming update.

Taken from PlayOnline is a list of the Premier sites to attend, and the weapons they were shown:

Allakhazam: Murgleis (Red Mage Mythic Weapon)

FINAL FANTASY XI Warcry: Terpsichore (Dancer Mythic Weapon)

FFXIclopedia: Ryunohige (Dragoon Mythic Weapon)

FFVault: Vajra (Thief Mythic Weapon)

FINAL FANTASY XI Stratics: Kenkonken (Puppetmaster Mythic Weapon)

Final Fantasy XI – Online Welten: Death Penalty (Corsair Mythic Weapon)

Final Fantasy XI - JeuxOnLine: Yagrush (White Mage Mythic Weapon)

Obviously, not every weapon was revealed, and it was mentioned that the weapons introduced were still in the development phase, and my yet bear different stats in the finished products.

What we know for now:

The weapons introduced each bear an enhancement to a Job Ability native to the specific job(obviously).

Each weapon bears a double attack effect similar to Joyeuse. It's unknown whether this appears pre- or post-Aftermath.

Each weapon, after performing the job-specific Weapon Skill, produces an "Aftermath," which adds additional effects.

There, hope that brought you up to speed reliably.

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
                          Apparently, you've missed a lot.

All the premium FFXI fan sites were invited to a summit this past summer, to talk with the developers. At the summit, they were given exclusive access to the Mythic weapons, to be released in the coming update.

Taken from PlayOnline is a list of the Premier sites to attend, and the weapons they were shown:

Allakhazam: Murgleis (Red Mage Mythic Weapon)

FINAL FANTASY XI Warcry: Terpsichore (Dancer Mythic Weapon)

FFXIclopedia: Ryunohige (Dragoon Mythic Weapon)

FFVault: Vajra (Thief Mythic Weapon)

FINAL FANTASY XI Stratics: Kenkonken (Puppetmaster Mythic Weapon)

Final Fantasy XI – Online Welten: Death Penalty (Corsair Mythic Weapon)

Final Fantasy XI - JeuxOnLine: Yagrush (White Mage Mythic Weapon)

Obviously, not every weapon was revealed, and it was mentioned that the weapons introduced were still in the development phase, and my yet bear different stats in the finished products.

What we know for now:

The weapons introduced each bear an enhancement to a Job Ability native to the specific job(obviously).

Each weapon bears a double attack effect similar to Joyeuse. It's unknown whether this appears pre- or post-Aftermath.

Each weapon, after performing the job-specific Weapon Skill, produces an "Aftermath," which adds additional effects.

There, hope that brought you up to speed reliably.
                          Um... actually I knew that information already... I was asking about the thread where these weapons were discussed on this forum... because when I go to FFXIclopedia, the information they did have up about their premier weapon, has been taken down by some asshat. Not to mention the information regarding any of the other weapons that was premiered is non existent on that site. You would think the premier sites would collaborate and get this information listed on each of their sites, and not be taking information down!

Either way, the only Mythic Weapon I am actually interested in at this point in time is the Nirvana

Comment

I was asking about the thread where these weapons were discussed on this forum... because when I go to FFXIclopedia, the information they did have up about their premier weapon, has been taken down by some asshat.
                            You frankly aren't missing much, they did a damn poor job of reporting on the weapon, aftermath, and the new WS.

Actually, last I checked, which granted was awhile ago, they had no information on the new WS (how much tp returned and stuff) the Aftermath effect (how much +att it gives, or duration) and only posted the Ryunohige's stats and that there was an Aftermath effect, and did not include TP/hit so that we'd have an idea of how many hits the new WS was.

Pretty frigging useless. The people who tested the Rdm weapon did provided far better info than that. I haven't looked at the other weapons yet, so I don't know how much info is out on them.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Um... actually I knew that information already... I was asking about the thread where these weapons were discussed on this forum...
                              Why would you care about that? The thread would basically boil down to:

Post 1: I want MythicWeaponA!

Post 2: I want MythicWeaponA... and MythicWeaponB!

Post 3: MythicWeaponB sucks!

Post 4: Nuh uh!

Post 5: Yeah huh!
                              Lyonheart
                              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Working...
                              X