Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September Version Update Preview (08/29/2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Version Update Preview (08/29/2008)

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for more streamlined adventuring—the September version update is just around the corner! Continuing in the tradition of enhancing creature comforts in your Vana'dielian lifestyle, we're proud to introduce a number of adjustments and additions scheduled to take place.

Seal Storage
    Previous version updates have ushered in numerous improvements to in-game storage, with the Mog Locker and the Mog Safe having been bestowed with increased capacity and several furnishings receiving enhancement tweaks thus far. But that's not all we have to offer!
    In next month's update, the development team will take the hassle of storing beastmen's and Kindred's seals out of your hands, and put it into those of orb-dispensing NPC Shami. Through the natural course of gameplay, adventurers will come into possession of not inconsiderable quantities of the abovementioned seals which take up storage space like all other items. From the next version update, however, adventurers will no longer need to leave stacks of seals scattered about their Mog House, waiting to be stepped on by unwary guests to grimacing, painful results. So, whether you have just one or hundreds, swing over with all those cumbersome seals to see Shami at his usual hangout in Port Jeuno and he'll take care of the rest.
    *Shami will hold onto seals traded to him with white-knuckled tenacity, but will gladly furnish adventurers with lovely orbs as recompense.

Getting Around in Past Vana'diel
    At present, the dominant mode of transport in past Vana'diel is the teleportation service requiring payment in Allied Notes. However, the NPCs based in the three nations offering this service would prioritize their own safety and go into hiding during Campaign battles, greatly inconveniencing adventurers wishing to travel outside of town.
    In addressing this issue, the development team has decided to bolster up these NPCs with a much-needed dose of courage so that they will no longer abandon their posts in the face of a beastman invasion.

In addition to the above, rental chocobos will finally be made available for use in areas introduced in the Wings of the Goddess expansion. Players who fulfill the three conditions below will be able to pay Allied Notes to rent a chocobo at their leisure, regardless of the current war climate:
    1) Be level 20 or above.
    2) Be in possession of a chocobo license.
    3) Be affiliated with an allied nation.
    *Please note that chocobo whistle usage and digging will not be possible in past Vana'diel.

More Fellows!
    Fellows will be receiving tweaks and improvements for the second consecutive version update. On the menu of changes are new armor pieces and a simplified customization system that will allow greater ease in changing your fellow's attire to suit your needs. An exciting new chapter of adventuring with your fellow awaits you!
    Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Re: September Version Update Preview (08/29/2008)

Bad-ass~

Comment

Yeah, seal storage seems very yummy. I know many peeps that have a mog house full of them.

I'm rather disappointed that Chocobo [S] will cost allied notes.
      Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
      I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

I would have liked to have seen a "Linkpearl Sack" too. If you start doing multiple end-game activities that all have different pearls for them, you can end up with quite a few of those as well.

Comment

With Linkpearls it's kind of hard to bundle them all up because each one is a completely unique item with no similarities to each other.

As for the upadte, nice side bits but nothing too super special. The seal bit is a nice surprise, but I'll prolly never bother with it. I use my seals too often to have them stack up too much.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Should be grateful for the linkshell system anyway. Better than having ONE guild and that being the only thing you get. Although I don't see why they can't add a separate inventory for linkpearls in the linkshell menu (similar to how there's a separate inventory for PUP crap)

Comment

Personally... Seals are only taking up five or six slots in furniture storage that I wouldn't be using anyway (because screw furniture storage), so the extra space isn't that big a deal. But it's still kind of nice from a one-stop-shopping standpoint.

Hopefully the simplified fellow gear change means I can just walk up and say "Put on your subligar, bitch."
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Haggai View Post
                I'm rather disappointed that Chocobo [s] will cost allied notes.
                AN is so easy to get, though. I have more AN than I'll ever spend. It already costs AN to warp around in the past. Why the disappointment over Chocobos needing AN too?
                Lyonheart
                lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Yah I've had over 500k AN for a while now...

Maybe SE will surprise us ad give us gear worth spending it on. Hard to believe they would give us something as epic as the Perdu weapons and then go right back to LOLGEAR in WotG.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                    Yah I've had over 500k AN for a while now...

Maybe SE will surprise us ad give us gear worth spending it on. Hard to believe they would give us something as epic as the Perdu weapons and then go right back to LOLGEAR in WotG.
                    Maybe they decided on LOLGear beacause LOLAN are LOLEasy to LOLGet?

The only thing that's hard to do in Campaign is to inject enough Meth into your eyeball to not fall asleep while doing enough endless campaign battles to actually rank up.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
                      the development team has decided to bolster up these NPCs with a much-needed dose of courage
                      I lol'ed.

And to the rest of the update, yay! Though those seals aren't really taking that much space up, it's more the R/E shit that does that. XD
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Yay the seal thing means at least 10 spaces for me.

The choco thing wont have much of an impact unless they add chocos to outpost too (which I seriously doubt) but it'll be nice to have.

And I hope the npc stuff means they'll let us customize the look of our npcs with any piece of gear we have unlocked.
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Unless we can travel to area like Xaracard in the past, I am not sure what usage for Chocobo in WotG at this point.
                          Server: Quetzalcoatl
                          Race: Hume Rank 7
                          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Getting from Point A to Point B faster. You can never have enough of that.
                            Last edited by Armando; 08-29-2008, 10:10 AM.

Comment

If for getting one place to another, avoiding aggro and faster than walking.... that make some sense.... Orz

Unlike the RoZ area, the outpost warp in WotG is just *too good*
                              Server: Quetzalcoatl
                              Race: Hume Rank 7
                              75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Working...
                              X