Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update Details

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
    Bahamut(v1) [is] fought with 6 just like Diabolos and Fenrir and they're still harder fights.
    Bahamut v1 and v2 are both alliance fights.
    I thought there was an alliance battle where you could fight the awoken avatars?
    Waking the Beast has 18 man fights against more powerful versions of the primes, but I don't know if story-wise that's their full power.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
      Drat. I got happy at the prospects of new RDM gear.
      If it was gear that served only to make us look more and more like White Mages, then I'm happy of the prospect of not getting it.

. . .

/em glares at Errant.

But, yeah, cool stuff in this update. The Nomad Moogle in Selbina might make me a little less reluctant to take my Tarudin through the Dunes, the furniture stuff is all nice, can't wait to see the new pieces of equipment, new graphics on HELM items and Sea Torques?, 'kitten totally called the Coffee Muffin thing, woot on storing the new Feast Swords, I wonder what level Reprisal is gained, huzzah for Monks and Bards, meh for Group II Merits, Inventory Sort YES PLEASE!!!, and so on.

All in all a nice update.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Originally posted by Armando
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
        What, exactly, setup are you talking about using on Fenrir and Diabolos that they're easier?

Then have them be a double edged sword and hurt EVERYONE in the area; make them a "bring them out, they bash crap up, and then go away by themselves" summon like every previous FF.

"They do this with NPCs in game, so obviously when they're talking about things made for player characters outside of the game they'd do the exact same thing."?
        I'm not talking about Manaburning if that's what you mean. But both Fenny and Diabolos are easier to access and easier to win then Baha v1 and Alex.

"Oh hai Mr. Bahamoot, I no u only wanna kill all humans, but wuld u mind coming out whenever I call, k?"

Yea, no.

And seeing as they've done this same thing repeatedly, time and time again, showing mixed matched gear in update notes with no regard to class equip restrictions, then yes, they will mix and match gear for update pics with no regard for class equip restrictions. For crying out loud, the elf in the picture in this very update is wearing Whm AND Rdm JSE armor.
        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Gigas 1: Dude, these new helmets rock!
          Gigas 2: I am Judge Magister Gabranth!
          Gigas 1: Join me and we shall rule the Galaxy as father and son!
          Gigas 2: I see your Shwartz is as big as mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
            Bahamut v1 and v2 are both alliance fights.Waking the Beast has 18 man fights against more powerful versions of the primes, but I don't know if story-wise that's their full power.
            No, it's not their full power, (since that would mean they're awakened fully to lay the smack down on Vana'Diel and reduce the terrestrials back to animals). It's done story-wise as "closer" to their full power. Think of it like a pendulum. At the weak end of things is how we face them in regular and tiny sized quests. (I'd guess Trial Size Quests are the very end of the weak spectrum). On the other end of that is Waking the Beast versions and on the tip of that pendulum swing would be fully awake.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Used my ex's account to log in on the PC to free up my main account, so if one machine finishes first, I can play Aks on either. And this is what I was greeted with in POL. ^_^

Makes me happy to see this.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Footwork was the best name they could come up with?
                "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                  Footwork was the best name they could come up with?
                  Well, I believe "The Zohan" would cause some royalty issues with Adam Sandler. Smell it, smell it, now TASTE it.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                    Bahamut v1 and v2 are both alliance fights.
                    Hmm, well color me corrected.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Yea, no.
                      Diabolos being easier to access than Alex is very very debatable. More people having BOTHERED to go through COP to get sea doesn't make it EASIER.

And whoever said projection was a voluntary affair? It's completely possible that a Summoner could project an avatar without an agreement; with the consequence of being unable to control it. That would be a rather interesting element to introduce, really.

For crying out loud, the elf in the picture in this very update is wearing Whm AND Rdm JSE armor.
                      Yes, I know. That's how we got on the subject, remember, buddy? I see no reason to say right now that it's impossible that they're actually going to be making it possible to have those armors (as in, dats, not the specific pieces) equipped at the same time.

Comment

Hate congested networks from hell
                        [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                          And whoever said projection was a voluntary affair? It's completely possible that a Summoner could project an avatar without an agreement; with the consequence of being unable to control it. That would be a rather interesting element to introduce, really.
                          That's an interesting idea. It would make certain avatars behave basically like Elementals do now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevv View Post
                            I can't wait to get home and watch the download screen for 5 hours tonight!

I'm looking forward to see the new gear we get, especially from the Campaign rewards

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
                            DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
                            BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
                            Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Comment

Originally posted by Sevv View Post
                              Indeed *stabs the queue*

I reach the final 20% and disconnected..
                              Novea of Valefor.

Comment

About to log till tomorrow atm or laptop gonna go for a ride
                                [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X