Update Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update Details

This update is made of happy it seems. cant wait to DL it and start digging through everything.
    sigpic
    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Hopefully the new crafting rings are available early on and cheap.

Can't argue with cheaper chocobos.

And all the Fellow updates are nifty. Can't wait to see what the BFF points can buy.
      Ellipses on Fenrir
      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
      . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
        Ixion appears to be an HNM, not a new avatar since his picture is clearly shown under the NM section.
        I sure wish it was a new SMN avy

I feel sad now

Comment

Wonder what how the resistence adjustments on the named HNMs works out.

Rest of the update looks nice, I'll be interested to see the recast times on the new spells.

Comment

wonder how long till dat minning begins . .

Comment

Originally posted by Andrinor View Post
              If I read this right, to get my level 65 NPC to 70, I have to turn in my pearl and start all over from scratch?

Much Q.Q for those of us who have 65 NPCs if that's the case....
              the new pearl line refers to the npc selection quest only and not the level cap

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by Andrinor View Post
                If I read this right, to get my level 65 NPC to 70, I have to turn in my pearl and start all over from scratch?

Much Q.Q for those of us who have 65 NPCs if that's the case....
                I'm pretty sure they just mean you can turn in your pearl if you want to get a different face and personality with the new system.
                Ellipses on Fenrir
                There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Zempten View Post
                  wonder how long till dat minning begins . .
                  Depends on how long it takes for them to allow us to down load.
                  [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                    You have to consider that the new avatars (Diabolos, and I believe fenrir although I wasn't around for that) were added AFTER the character was already in the game. In fact, I remember SE saying something about not wanting to make Diabolos a summon either, for much the same reason we don't have Bahamut, Alexander, or Odin.
                    People keep saying that but I don't recall it. Even in the begining of CoP, when you first fight Diabolos, he's trying to help humanity...just in his own bizarre way. Alex, Odin and Bahamut are more for the planet or their own needs then us mortals, plus all three have their massive boss fights and are considered some of the strongest monsters in game.

And I still say Ix is an HNM ala the Sandworm who will pop at any outdoor past Zone.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Maybe because I wasn't talking about what the avatars motivations are?

Hell, the plotline for the 6 originals is basically "They're sleeping. Some little taru asshole came along and they kicked the shit out of him so they could get back to sleeping."

SE has said their reasons for not adding those avatars (I remember this specifically for Baha and Alex, not Odin though) was that they were too powerful, and they felt they would have to limit them too much. Which doesn't really make sense, because the other avatars are significantly weakened as well when used by players (they could even just make it "It doesn't matter how powerful the avatar itself is, it's limited by the strength of who summons it" which makes total sense); but that's what they said.

EDIT: Oh, and the thing about having massive boss fights and being considered some of the hardest in the game also goes to Diabolos and Fenrir. At least, if you don't take the "throw a bunch of Astral Flow at it" route.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                        People keep saying that but I don't recall it. Even in the begining of CoP, when you first fight Diabolos, he's trying to help humanity...just in his own bizarre way. Alex, Odin and Bahamut are more for the planet or their own needs then us mortals, plus all three have their massive boss fights and are considered some of the strongest monsters in game.

And I still say Ix is an HNM ala the Sandworm who will pop at any outdoor past Zone.

Note:

Originally posted by Sevv View Post
                        Honestly like i said to my sister on skype and lilith in game, I will laugh if this is a new hnm.

<Summoners> OMG NEW AVATARS THANK YOU GOD!!!
                        <Square-Enix> LOLOL Nope HNM... PWND!
                        <summoners> ding DRK75/EMO37
                        First to say it and I LOLD when it was.

Comment

Is it just me or did anyone else not read anything about the Nyzul Isle Weapons?

Comment

All in all, a nice update, a few changes where ppl shouldn't be /crying too much. Althouth it would be nice if they trew in some new Death Animation for our Characters. Not saying i see it often, but meh, they old too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zempten View Post
                              Is it just me or did anyone else not read anything about the Nyzul Isle Weapons?
                              They didn't but S-E Said they would be in this update, and didn't list alot of the items, .dat mining soonish hopefully.

Comment

Actually maybe Ixion is going to be an avatar later on? I mean they added new terms in the auto-translator that looks like moves of an avatar . . .

Game Terms 2 Splitting Heirs
                                Game Terms 2 Cracking Shells
                                Game Terms 2 Plucking Wings
                                Game Terms 2 By Light of Fire
                                Game Terms 2 Prying Eyes

alright fine . . maybe it's just the moves he uses when you fight him hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X