X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

Originally posted by Jonastb View Post
    I would think so, only in that if you could only do one song and then have to wait for a cooldown, it would not be very effective.
    Depends on the cooldown. A 30-second cooldown would likely work fine. -- Pteryx

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
      There have always been and always will be crappy Brds. No matter the kind of party or fight or situation, it's a job many level because of easy invites and relatively cheap gear. But those that can work it right and get it to a balance as it is now will be thrown a bit by this update as it adds another song to the mix. No reason to damn the good because of the majority of bad
      OK then, the level of suck amoungst BRDs has increased in proportion.

Also, I'll add... Hi2u Mazurka nerf. It punished the good BRDs and the bad.

This adjustment isn't punishing BRDs, though, its being made for the good of the people BRDs PT with. No longer will BRDs be able to pass the buck to RDM for refreshing the PLD or another frontline MP user. PLDs will expect them to do this, if it comes at the cost of a BRD not pulling, parties will find a way to live with it.

You have to realize that the way BRD functions has affected PT setups dramatically and that this update lessens the degree of severity in how PTs are arranged. SE could have made the adjustment to COR as well, but COR could just /DNC thier way around the matter now if the mobs have MP. Most popular EXP targets usually do have MP, anyway, or at least have them staggered out there in the zones.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyotsha View Post
        Give ninja's a job ability for god's sake! It's the only job without any native job abilities now that bard has this ability. It makes me sad.
        Originally posted by Gyotsha View Post
        You do have a point, but it wouldn't be the first time SE has added something that wasn't needed. Would be nice to see something that would make ninja a little more interesting though. Maybe even a useful merit.

I'm not complaining about the job or anything, I'm just saying it would be nice if there was a little something more to the job, kind of like what SE has been doing to the other jobs.
        In other words, you're complaining just to complain.
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
          would have to say this looks like a nice update, but as always someone has to bitch about something ;p
          Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
          In other words, you're complaining just to complain.
          This is the internet, what did you expect?

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post

This adjustment isn't punishing BRDs, though, its being made for the good of the people BRDs PT with. No longer will BRDs be able to pass the buck to RDM for refreshing the PLD or another frontline MP user. PLDs will expect them to do this, if it comes at the cost of a BRD not pulling, parties will find a way to live with it.

You have to realize that the way BRD functions has affected PT setups dramatically and that this update lessens the degree of severity in how PTs are arranged. SE could have made the adjustment to COR as well, but COR could just /DNC thier way around the matter now if the mobs have MP. Most popular EXP targets usually do have MP, anyway, or at least have them staggered out there in the zones.
          ...I'm gonna let this one go cause I think you're reading a completely different topic
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

after all, lord knows ninjas need another button to push and more stuff to keep track of

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by Pteryx View Post
              Depends on the cooldown. A 30-second cooldown would likely work fine. -- Pteryx
              With an 8 second sing time, usually rounds out to between 10-12 seconds for the whole song, a 30 second cool down isn't really going to help. Especially if the target requires 2 songs and is in the middle of the group you are playing AoE songs for.

Not sure why bards are so bad on your server, but on mine (Pandemonium), they know what they are doing. Maybe the problem isn't the bards, just your expectations are too high. Might want to take a step or two down from that pedastal.

What mazurka nerf?

Most jobs change as they level. Endgame requirements for almost all jobs out there are not the same as leveling 1-74. Bards are no different in this. Parties adjust to how the jobs they have available, and how that job is played at the time, to get the job done. I still remember when Rangers were the puller of choice, next THF then WAR, lastly, anyone who had a ranged weapon. Bard pull? Why the hell would they do that. Now, Rangers refuse to pull cause they might get hurt, but send the paper defense bard out there to do it instead. See, jobs changed throughout the course of the game. None of this had anything to do with a single target song.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                Being strictly objective here, let us look at all the jobs that have received a direct adjustment since the November fanfest:

WAR: O (Retaliation)
                MNK: X ("Kick" Abilities?)
                THF: O (Accomplice; later, Collaborator)
                BLM: O (Retrace)
                WHM: O ("Recall" line of spells)
                RDM: X (Ever-so anticipated "front-line" update)
                PLD: X (Damage-reflection, possible tie-in with a Shield . . . I'd love for it to be subbable . . . )
                DRK: O (Absorb:ACC; also, just look at all the love DRK has been getting BEFORE fanfest)
                BRD: X (Single-target-able songs)
                BST: O (Snarl)
                RNG: O (Velocity Shot)
                SAM: O (Sekkanoki)
                NIN: O (Monomi: Ichi)
                DRG: O (Wyvern gains experience! . . . sort of)
                SMN: O (Elemental Siphon)
                BLU: O (Asuran Claws, et al.)
                COR: O (New Phantom Rolls)
                PUP: O (New Automaton Weaponskills)
                DNC: O (Various tweaks; bonuses if being used as Main job)
                SCH: O (Sublimation, Addendums, et al.)

Basically meaning every single job RoZ onward got a buff, and most of the others did as well, leaving only Monk, Red Mage, Paladin, and Bard at the front of the line. And more jobs than that got plenty of treats in the last version update.

Still, the probability Red Mages get an update in the next version update has pretty much seemed to be the converse of the probability the sun rises tomorrow thus far. We shall see what happens.
                HUH, WHY DON'T YOU JUST LOOK AT THAT.

/allcaps
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

lollackofrdmupdate
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I hope they dont ever update rdm, since they will still bitch directly after regarless... "How come the war using mighty strikes rampage does more damage /emo"
                    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                      lollackofrdmupdate
                      Indeed. As of June, the only job without an update since November fanfest will also be the only job without an update for the past four-and-a-half years.

Neat.
                      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Sevv View Post
                        "How come the war using mighty strikes rampage does more damage "
                        I'd like to see you try to give me a good damn reason for it too.
                        Last edited by Mhurron; 05-28-2008, 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Jonastb View Post
                          What mazurka nerf?
                          Mazurka used to generate a lot of hate, the more party memebers it hit the more emnity it would generate. This allowed brds to hold hate pretty well and tank stuff like HNM.

Or so they say, I never actually saw it in practice outside regular NMs.
                          sigpic
                          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                            Mazurka used to generate a lot of hate, the more party memebers it hit the more emnity it would generate. This allowed brds to hold hate pretty well and tank stuff like HNM.

Its true, I've seen it a few times on Simmy. Some time other ls's bards would even use that to just steal the claim as well. Which I think was more the reason to it.
                            Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post

Brd/Nin and Nin/Brd both worked very well and held very strong hate. It was great fun when I was on Blm.
                              sigpic

Comment

I want to see turtle tanking taken to the next level soon.

Something like:

Uruk Shield

Man I can only dream.
                                sigpic
                                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                                X