• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besieged Adjusted and other Issues addressed

Reposted from PlayOnline
    Nov. 21, 2007 11:10 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

FINAL FANTASY XI Update (Nov. 21)

At the following time, we performed a version update of FINAL FANTASY XI.

[Affected Period]
    Nov. 21, 2007 11:00 (PST)

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

[Important Update Details]

Following issues have been addressed:

- An issue where the player who is invited into a Mog House would become stuck if the player who invited the player leaves the Mog House at the same time.

- Abitlies of some monsters were not working properly.

- The calculation of how much players contribute in Besieged, which determines the experience points and Imperial Standing credits players can gain, has been adjusted temporarily.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Re: Besieged Adjusted and other Issues addressed

Not sure if anyone else had this issue...we fought Kirin last night, and got absolutely mauled. It normally takes him 10-15 minutes to pop out all 4 minis when we do it...all 4 were out in about 6 minutes, we had no chance to kill them quickly enough. Both the mini-Seiryu and the real Seiryu we did after Kirin had super-regain, they were spamming TP moves every 2-3 seconds w/o being hit when they got to lower health.

GM told us no known issues and basically said too bad you're noobs who can't beat Kirin.
    Last edited by Callisto; 11-21-2007, 10:43 AM.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I heard Zhaolym Erurka had a constant 300tp, fighting them normally on firesday was bad enough, but they musta been nothing but crawling flame throwers for the past two days.
      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
        GM told us no known issues and basically said too bad you're noobs who can't beat Kirin.
        Burn.

Perhaps adjustment based on abilities of new jobs?

Comment

I was thinking adjustments related to the fact no ones going to be there.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I was referring to Kirin and such, but I had wondered if the player contribution was also a factor in the invasion. Is the level of the invading army dependant on the population in Al Zahbi or what?

Comment

People killing mobs in beastmen strongholds are what mainly determines the attack force iirc, but increasing the amount of IS and EXP gained during these events may be to try to keep people going to it. If you can start getting 3-5k solo for an hour or less worth of work, solo no less, then it may still be nice to do.
              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Can they adjust at least a few more seconds to allow raises when the Beseige mobs begin to warp out? Its disappointing to be dead when they leave..

Comment

Can they adjust at least a few more seconds to allow raises when the Beseige mobs begin to warp out? Its disappointing to be dead when they leave..
                  Just do what I normally do:

Run around curing people for about 30 minutes, smack a few mobs, then go hide in a corner and go AFK, and come back to 2kish exp :D

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Is the level of the invading army dependant on the population in Al Zahbi or what?
                    As far as I knew, the invading army level continues to rise from 1 to 8 after each failed attempt at stealing the AC. After the AC is taken and recovered, Besieged starts at level 1 and steadily increases over time to 8, at which point it stays at 8 almost every time until the AC is stolen and recovered.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                    ------
                    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
                      As far as I knew, the invading army level continues to rise from 1 to 8 after each failed attempt at stealing the AC. After the AC is taken and recovered, Besieged starts at level 1 and steadily increases over time to 8, at which point it stays at 8 almost every time until the AC is stolen and recovered.
                      A besiege can be stopped before it ever reaches the city if people are killing beastmen in their strongholds or something I believe. But I do know that the level can be lowered by players to 0 because I've seen many a besiege go from # preparing back to 0 training without any attack on the city. But they do cap before an attack like you noted.

Comment

Working...
                      X