Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Windower announced at Fan Festival 2007

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
    Well, damn it. With the official windower, full screen mode, or the unofficial windower (older copy), I'm laggy. This is frustrating.
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews11914.shtml
    Nov. 20, 2007 01:00 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
    Current Known Issues (Nov. 20)
    Since the implementation of the latest version update on Nov. 19, 2007, we have confirmed the following issues. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway.

- Effect of Reraise wears off when a player is KO'd in level-restricted areas.
    * This issue has been addressed during the Nov. 20, 2007 11:00(PST) update.

- FINAL FANTASY XI may slow down when USB keyboard or USB mouse is connected(Windows only).

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Don't know if you saw that yet; if you're using USB keyboard or mouse, try unplugging it for a bit, and see if the frame rate picks up.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I'm guessing this all has to do with going to dx9?
      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
        http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews11914.shtml

Don't know if you saw that yet; if you're using USB keyboard or mouse, try unplugging it for a bit, and see if the frame rate picks up.
        I saw it. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to go mouseless just to play FFXI. ><; I'll just wait it out.

Comment

Well i must say i was disapointed with windower. for a start my colours were very dark and it was extreemly laggy. My processor was running at 80-100% all the time in just walkign around sandoria (normally sits at 50-60% in standard full screen mode) and the mouse was jumping around all over the place. I have reverted back to fulll screen mode and chatting and viewing forums/wiki via my laptop. i ahve an Athlon 64 3000 processor, so i think unless you have a processor that was launched within the last year or so, its not worth it as the older ones can't take it very well.

Comment

I'm similarly unimpressed. Now, since they broke "cheat" windower, I'm running in a window because they won't enable Alt-Tab for the Fullscreen client. I hate chrome. I want a "Fullscreen Window" like I get with "cheat" windower. While FFXI runs well, itself, Firefox and all other background applications run like garbage. I have to wait for text to be deleted from the address bar sometimes. I used to be able to have FFXI in the background (with "cheat" windower) and play a TBS in a window overtop of it so that I could watch shouts/LS chat and play another game at the same time--That doesn't work so well with native windowing.

I think that is seems a bit odd that professional game programmers with access to the game source code have ended up doing an extremely lackluster job in comparison to a handful of unpaid hackers--they should've just outsourced to the Windower team.

/sigh

/sigh /sigh

Comment

how about all the complainers STFU....... this is release 1 of it, give it an update or two... good lord.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Hey geniuses, Windowers before 3.3 Still work.

Use either 3.26 or 3.23 and stop crying...
                The Tao of Ren
                FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                Originally posted by Kaeko
                As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Small note, I could it would be much trouble for someone to make FFXI run as an ALT+TABable full screen. Someone did the same thing for EVE as part of a program called EVEmon, someone who knows how to program and is interested could probably ask them how they did it, and apply it to FFXI.

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
                    Hey geniuses, Windowers before 3.3 Still work.

Use either 3.26 or 3.23 and stop crying...
                    Any idea where you can safely download these old versions? The official site seems to have taken them down...
                    Originally posted by Ellipses
                    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                    Originally posted by MCLV
                    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                    More Sig:

Comment

I got the orignal zip for 3.26 if you'd like
                      Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                        how about all the complainers STFU....... this is release 1 of it, give it an update or two... good lord.
                        Yeah, because they can't test anything till it goes live and it's not like every other online game has managed to make a working alt-tab function that isn't total shite. Sometimes you even surpass my expectation of the level of idiocy I expect before reading one of your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
                          I got the orignal zip for 3.26 if you'd like
                          Thank works. Could you PM it?
                          Originally posted by Ellipses
                          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                          Originally posted by MCLV
                          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                          More Sig:

Comment

Can't we all just sit down at 4pm and enjoy a cup of tea together?
                            The Tao of Ren
                            FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                            Originally posted by Kaeko
                            As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
                              Can't we all just sit down at 4pm and enjoy a cup of tea together?
                              Wishy are you British?
                              Hacked on 9/9/09
                              FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

When I downloaded Windower 3.3 yesterday, it crashed on the switch between POL and FFXI.

I search the web a bit and it's a common problem. Everyone advises running it as an Administrator. I run all my games that way anyway, and I have the silly UAC thing turned off on my system. Doing that didn't fix the problem for me.

A few people had said they unplugged their IR device and suddenly it worked. I tried that. Bingo.

So if you want to use 3.3 and you're using Vista, try this:

Step 1) Unplug whatever IR device you have plugged in.

Step 2) Run as Administrator.

I don't know if it's a cure-all, but it did work for me.

Good luck!
                                There will be cake.

Comment

Working...
                                X