Official Windower announced at Fan Festival 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Windower announced at Fan Festival 2007

Did anyone seriously expect the update NOT to break Windower? They just changed the whole underlying rendering interface, I'd expect Windower devs to have to do some fresh reverse-engineering to cope with that.

There's a reason why free software that strives to maintain compatibility with proprietary software not bound by standards always lags behind the proprietary software's releases in support to some degree, even if it's only hours for something heavily-developed. Both proprietary products here, but the same basic principle applies. You can't have parallel lines of development in two projects when one project has de facto standard status and its development is secret and unaffiliated with the other.
    Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
    DRK99,DNC91,THF90
    Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
    Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
    WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
    Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
    All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
    Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
    Clothcraft 24
    Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
    BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

...Oooh, looks like SE just took a third option:

â—‹/macro
      Individual macro books or sets can be selected by combining the “/macro“ command with the “book” and “set” subcommands.<>

Example:
      To select Book 15
      /macro book 15

To select Set 3
      /macro set 3
      I can see my RDM book setup now. Each set will assume a different sub, and include a macro to swap to the non-staff gear-swap set (staves will remain in the core sets). The gear-swap set will have swaps to the various sub-specific sets on the Ctrl line and gear swaps on the Alt line. Thanks SE! -- Pteryx

Comment

Question:

What good is windowed mode and the such if you can't Alt-Tab out of full screen mode?
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Windows Mode isn't working for me. I went to the configuration and clicked it, but when I went on FFXI, it was still Full screen.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

As I posted in another tread:

My eyes, they bleed. Bleed like the Amazon. Default is way too bright.
            sigpic
            Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Ouch, and seriously, why the heck can't we simply Alt-Tab out of full screen mode, do our thing, and just go back to full screen?

It seems like I'm gonna end up downloading the windower after all (unless SE fixes that, which I seriously doubt).

At least the macro books work well and the MH thing seems like it's gonna be good enough.
              sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Yup windowed mode is kaput! and not Kupo! So hmmmm... and just a note none of the windowers work now. The windower is laggy and unresponsive 3rd party and FFXI SE windower. Hope a fix comes soon. And you can browse while windowed btw. But the actual game play well is not even up to par. Its like being in besieged but you are walking through empty la theine plateau. FUN!
                "It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice"
                MC Scooter.

Comment

To be fair, fullscreen wasn't properly supported in Windower in the most recent version either; someone posted that they were able to combine elements of that version and the previous version to get it back, but that's not officially supported as a solution and last time I checked the forum I think there was only that one user reporting such success.

I remember a lot of people complained about losing fullscreen, I think the devs did say they were trying to reimplement it in the future, but who knows...

It is worth noting that you could alt-tab out of POL Viewer when it's configured for fullscreen (yes, I actually had it like this for a while back when I was using a CRT), at which it would act as if it had been minimized. So SE making FFXI behave the same way in a future update is probably not entirely out of the question.
                  Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                  DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                  Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                  Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                  WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                  Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                  All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                  Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                  Clothcraft 24
                  Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                  BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Reimpliment a windower that does not work properly windowed or fullscreen. I mean they could have just left this out of the update. It is working horrificly. Im going to log in without windower and see if this continues if so the no fun for me tonight in FFXI.
                    MC Scooter.

Comment

• Re: Official Windower announced at Fan Festival 2007

Yeah, I'm just gonna pretend Windowed mode never happened and move on. /bleh

And maybe download the other windower down the road so I can check wiki and stuff without having to log in/out. Dissapointing to say the least.
                      sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

I hope it doesn't lag me the hell out win Dynamis tonight -.-
                        Graphics seem to be smoother than previously, but its taking to much resources...
                        Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Hmmmm not sure my system is not the newest but its not bad. 3200 running in 32bit mode. XP Pro Media. Need to go back to XP Pro. Ummmm 9800pro ya old but does all it needs to do. 1gig of ram. Should be just fine been playing this game for years on many systems. At one point i was rocking a Geforce 2 GTS. Back when creative still made GFX cards. Hahhah... I mean its just eating resources and running so slow. And ive played so long in windowed mode I detest looking at the game in full screen. Especially since I have a 22" widescreen LCD now hahaa... Oh well. My rant is complete
                          MC Scooter.

Comment

While I had to adjust the gamma settings, FFXI windowed mode works just fine for me. I wouldn't want to do Besieged in it, but I'm not experiencing the extreme lag and loss of control that others have reported...

...in FFXI, anyway. Typing in this message is horribly, ludicrously sluggish. Yeesh. -- Pteryx

Comment

For those that are lucky enough to already have downloaded and used the updates (I had to work late so now I'm in the thick of things, and I'm on there with everyone and their sister downloading right now ; ; )...

I have 2 monitors, will I be able to play in windowed mode at 1280x1024 (in essence, in full screen on my main monitor) and still be able to mouse over to the second monitor to access IE and my ventrilo client? That's what I did with WoW and I liked it alot...

Secondly, is it really broken? I swear to jeebus, if I waited all this time to finally be able to surf the freaking internet while playing to have ffxi fall apart on me it's gonna seriously ruin my day ; ;
                              I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
                              -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
                              http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well Pro-Tip: Windower 3.26 still works. Which is funny, because 3.3 doesn't work 100% well with Vista anyway. I don't care what people say otherwise, but getting 3.3 to work within a full capacity is either hit or miss.

And I don't like full screen anyway.
                                The Tao of Ren
                                FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                                Originally posted by Kaeko
                                As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X