Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Windower announced at Fan Festival 2007

Originally posted by Feba View Post
    That said, hopefully the DX9 update will get FFXI working under Wine. If not, at least I know where to put my bugzilla votes.

That would be nice.

Comment

I'm going to have trouble as well when the new windower comes out. I currently have macro swaps for some gear as well as using blood pacts for attacking. When attack's done, it swaps gear back. *sigh* Oh well.

Also I'm using the g15 keyboard. SE how about tossing us g15 keyboard owners a hand by allowing our macros to hit the keys without delay? (there's a type of delay where it goes into chat mode instead of hitting the correct macros if your running.)
      Hacked on 9/9/09
      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
        You dont need to change all your equipment with one macro anyway ;p I have a "emergency DEF" macro, all it does is say I am changeing my armor to my PT ( so they know what I am doing) and then the other 5 lines change to the three carapace armors and my rings to DEF rings, then I have another macro I call "normal" that changes those 5 parts back.

really changing more then six pieces of equipment, is a bit much, and honestly a little leetest...... the equipment you have on you, should be good enough, and changing equipment for small boosts in a macro is fine, or changing 5-6 in one macro, is fine as well, when the need arises.
        Any more then that is a bit much, and not really needed.
        As a Thf, I am at my best when I am swapping gear. At least one full swap for Dex gear, another for Agi gear, two for TP stuff, two for Eva stuff and of course all my JAs (including SA and TA on seperate buttons). One macro for all my gear swapping is certainly too little. But at the same time, I also have no problems pressing two buttons instead of one. The new expanded macro books is perfect imo. Though one bit of advice, for the sake of your pt, take out the /p chat macro about your Def gear. If anyone can't figure out that you're equiping Def gear just by looking at you...well, I can't think of a nice way to put it...

Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
        Yeah, 6 lines just isn't enough for gear, and my macros are already tight on space to begin with. I need one just for each staff, another for enfeeble landing, elemental magic/dark magic, stoneskin/buffs, melee, resting and kiting. Then macro in the commonly used enfeeble, yup, just not enough space.
        Then what you need is an increase of Macro buttons, which we're getting. We'll have nearly double of what we do now, a full 'book' for each job.

The problem is having to hit multiple key strokes for a single action, like swapping equipment. It is incredibly backwards to the entire point of having hotkeys.
        I know at least a few people, myself included, who swap equipment manually because it's just quicker than bothering to use macros that conflict and cause problems.
        That said, hopefully the DX9 update will get FFXI working under Wine. If not, at least I know where to put my bugzilla votes.
        I can't think of any way it'd be possible to open an equip menu and manually change out 12 pieces of gear faster then holding down Ctrl and pressing 1 and 2. Maybe if those equip macros were on like 7 and 8 or one of them more difficult to reach numbers I guess. Either that or they use a controller.
        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

not saying that equipment swapping is stupid in general, heck I do it as DRG, but there is no need to swap everything you are wearing -.- and if you must, your going to have to use 2 buttons for it.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

hey guys! Im sorry if this has been asked already but i was just wondering, the update will be later on today or tomorrow right? If i dont have the new expansion can i still get the download for dx9 and the windower tonight or tomorrow, whenever the update becomes available. Thanks!

Comment

Windowed mode, DX9, macro slots, gobbie bags, mog house visitors, job adjustments, and lots of network errors will all be part of today's update.
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

Thanks a lot! Thats really good news! Im not very familar with dx9 and what it does. So does that mean final fantasy xi will look a little better?

Comment

I think the consensus on that is a resounding, overwhelming "maybe."
                  Ellipses on Fenrir
                  There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                  . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                    not saying that equipment swapping is stupid in general, heck I do it as DRG, but there is no need to swap everything you are wearing -.- and if you must, your going to have to use 2 buttons for it.
                    But there are classes, Rdm and Thf specifically, who need to switch out multiple pieces of gear for every action they take in order to be at peak efficiency. No one 'has' to do that, but those who want to play to the best to their ability will do so. It's not being 'elitest' to want to do your best.

And yes, they will need two, or most likely more, buttons to accomplish that task.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

definatly cool news but what I liked about the windower that players made was the plugins, which I doubt this will have.
                      JA/magic timers & TP really
                      don't care about the distance, timestamp, autosort etc
                      maybe one day SE will add that stuff, but it's not needed
                      just less annoying then opening /ja menu-which isn't hard anyway
                      although when 3 melee use a WS at the end of a fight and one guy does 1300 and the others do 200 and 450, it seems like a waste which is generally avoidable when people read each other's tp
                      again we can just tell each other-no big deal

fk yes

Comment

Autosort is yet another godesend.

I've decided the only way I'm letting go of 3rd party Windower is if they ban me.

Comment

I've decided the only way I'm letting go of 3rd party Windower is if they ban me.
                          if SE bans you, will you leave?

Comment

if SE bans you, will you leave?
                            Never mind the little details, as long as we can get him to send us his gil and items before he gets pwned the rest doesn't matter.
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

BP will have to let Windower go for this week, because the update broke it.
                              The Tao of Ren
                              FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                              Originally posted by Kaeko
                              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishmaster3k
                                BP will have to let Windower go for this week, because the update broke it.
                                Did you just get the update? crud, I need to put all my macros into my keyboard now... ugh.
                                Hacked on 9/9/09
                                FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Working...
                                X