Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Windower announced at Fan Festival 2007

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
    p.s. I would really like to be able to type in Japanese in-game, but I'm giving up that idea--no easier way for GMs to know you're using third party tool than to look up the log, see "moon speak", and look up your info to see that you're supposedly on NA client. x_x;
    There is always the JP client. This used to be more trouble, but now you can actually download the JP Pol client from SE's site. Check the windower forum for a thread on how to configure the registry to see your FFXI install (or just google, that's how I found the thread in the first place). If you can spare the disk space, it may be preferable to actually have a second copy, otherwise, JP Pol will insist on doing a full file check after each update (don't worry about the error the first time, just click リトライ). Playing the game in Japanese is a non-trivial effort, but it's a nice option to have available.

Another Windower forum thread (the guide for the IME plugin) details the steps necessary to get Japanese support in Windows and get the Windows IME set up. There's also a thread somewhere on this forum about installing the IME dictionary with kaomoji and such. If you're a fellow Win2K user, you can PM me for help on that since it's a little different for that than WinXP (which the threads detail steps for).
    Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
    DRK99,DNC91,THF90
    Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
    Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
    WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
    Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
    All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
    Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
    Clothcraft 24
    Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
    BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Plug-ins are cheats no matter how you try to justify them.

It would be funny seeing SE start suspending accounts for using the unofficial windower, since the good old "I just use it for alt-tab" excuse will be gone.

And I'm still waiting for more macro lines SE!
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
        Plug-ins are cheats no matter how you try to justify them.
        It would be funny seeing SE start suspending accounts for using the unofficial windower, since the good old "I just use it for alt-tab" excuse will be gone.
        And I'm still waiting for more macro lines SE!

I am sure SE will start banning or at least temp banning for the use of the 3rd party windower, and really 6 macro lines per macro button is enough -.- when the macro books come out, just devote one book to nothing but equipment change macros, then copy/paste into your current macro set before going into a PT.

You dont need to change all your equipment with one macro anyway ;p I have a "emergency DEF" macro, all it does is say I am changeing my armor to my PT ( so they know what I am doing) and then the other 5 lines change to the three carapace armors and my rings to DEF rings, then I have another macro I call "normal" that changes those 5 parts back.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
          You dont need to change all your equipment with one macro anyway
          Clearly, you've never played RDM.

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
            really changing more then six pieces of equipment, is a bit much, and honestly a little leetest...... the equipment you have on you, should be good enough, and changing equipment for small boosts in a macro is fine, or changing 5-6 in one macro, is fine as well, when the need arises.

Any more then that is a bit much, and not really needed.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

You say that, but try landing spells past level 50 and you'll see how much more necessary it becomes. I'm not saying "gear swap or ur gimp," people who don't gear swap(and often), soon come to feel that way.

Having more than six swaps per macro is not only addictive, but extremely efficient. Macros spent on extra equipment changes is extra spell macros lost.

Comment

Yeah, 6 lines just isn't enough for gear, and my macros are already tight on space to begin with. I need one just for each staff, another for enfeeble landing, elemental magic/dark magic, stoneskin/buffs, melee, resting and kiting. Then macro in the commonly used enfeeble, yup, just not enough space.
                Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

When you are at an event/camp and things start going sour, you need every little bit of extra help you can get. So having a macro that can change you into EVERYTHING that helps is a huge benefit over fumbling to hit 2 or 3 macros while trying to accomplish your goal. Also with multiple lvl 75 jobs I just don't have the room for each job to have multiple dedicated macros to changing equips. (THANK YOU SE FOR MORE MACROS!!) I'll be happy with the new macros but I truly wish they would have expanded the lines. Give me 1/2 of what they are offering in macros and more lines, a very nice compromise.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
                    Yeah, 6 lines just isn't enough for gear, and my macros are already tight on space to begin with. I need one just for each staff, another for enfeeble landing, elemental magic/dark magic, stoneskin/buffs, melee, resting and kiting. Then macro in the commonly used enfeeble, yup, just not enough space.

A recent announcement said that they will soon added 4,000 more macros available to you. So more than just the current 6 lines. I just have not gotten to that part of the Fan Festival information coverage, still reviewing all the recordings.
                    Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
                      You said what I was gonna say. >_<

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                      really changing more then six pieces of equipment, is a bit much, and honestly a little leetest...... the equipment you have on you, should be good enough, and changing equipment for small boosts in a macro is fine, or changing 5-6 in one macro, is fine as well, when the need arises.

Any more then that is a bit much, and not really needed.
                      You really have no idea what you are talking about, and if that's your concept of what leet is... meh why do I even waste time with you.

Just keep playing the way you've been playing.
                      ======================================
                      Originally posted by AKosygin View Post
                      A recent announcement said that they will soon added 4,000 more macros available to you. So more than just the current 6 lines. I just have not gotten to that part of the Fan Festival information coverage, still reviewing all the recordings.
                      Yep you'll have more macros to play around so you wont have to keep deleting macros or having to go back to the title screen to switch between macro sets. But still, switching between macro pallets can take too much time when you are so busy in a party, at least as a RDM.

20 books with 200 macros each (10 pallets x 20 macros)

Edit > Gah no Automerge 2-post combo for me.
                      Last edited by Omniblast; 11-18-2007, 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerge didn't work.
                      sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

So more than just the current 6 lines.
                        The problem is having to hit multiple key strokes for a single action, like swapping equipment. It is incredibly backwards to the entire point of having hotkeys.

I know at least a few people, myself included, who swap equipment manually because it's just quicker than bothering to use macros that conflict and cause problems.

That said, hopefully the DX9 update will get FFXI working under Wine. If not, at least I know where to put my bugzilla votes.

Comment

Originally posted by AKosygin View Post
                          More macro sets != more lines per macro.
                          More macro sets != more macros per set.

More macro sets will help for things like, say, having different sets for different subjobs (my RDM set currently assumes a WHM sub, and now I can make /BLM and /PLD and /SCH sets without fear of running out of sets), but it won't help the gear swap problem. Only more lines per macro, or, failing that, more macros per set will solve macro set crowding. Still, more macro sets is certainly a good start. -- Pteryx

Comment

finally a true windower so we dont have to "break the rules"

Makes me feel legal.. muahahahahaha...hmmm
                            It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                            それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                            Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                            A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Originally posted by tazirai View Post
                              finally a true windower so we dont have to "break the rules"
                              Makes me feel legal.. muahahahahaha...hmmm
                              18+ or 21+ legal?
                              Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Probably 21, (Screwdriver)s and Tequila shots included.
                                sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                                X