Official Windower announced at Fan Festival 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Windower announced at Fan Festival 2007

Official Windower announced Tuesday November 20th 2007. Screen shots to follow tonight.

AKosygin EDIT:
    And the Fan Festival officially starts today!

After much anticipation, the Windowed Mode arrives, resizable, adjustable, and fully functional. YEAH! Now I can play at work!

A presentation was also given in regards to the History of Vana d'iel. More will come later tonight or earlier tomorrow morning.

Guests expected to speak during the Fan Festival:
    Hiromichi Tanaka - The Producer of Final Fantasy XI
    Kenichi Iwao - Story Planner on the Final Fantasy XI
    Mitsutoshi Gondai - Battle Team member of Final Fantasy XI and job designer for the two jobs in Wings of the Goddess. (Scholar and Dancer)
    Kouichi Ogawa - Director of Wings of the Goddess and Treasures of Aht Urhgan
    Akihiko Matsui - Battle Director of Final Fantasy XI
    Sage Sundi - Global Online Producer

Omniblast edit:

Last edited by KamuroIshigami; 11-18-2007, 02:47 AM. Reason: Adding News & Adjusting Image Size
    Hacked on 9/9/09
    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Re: Official Windower announced at Fan Festival 2007

/puts up the "I told you so." sign.

There's less question to ask SE today.

Comment

So did they mention DX9 when they were showing it?
      Ellipses on Fenrir
      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
      . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
        So did they mention DX9 when they were showing it?

the windowed mode and DX9 will be coming together.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Fan Festival Update - Tidbit 1

And the Fan Festival officially starts today!

Final Fantasy XI will get Windowed Mode comes Tuesday, November 20, 2007.

After much anticipation, the Windowed Mode arrives, resizable, adjustable, and fully functional.

A presentation was also given in regards to the History of Vana d'iel. More will come later tonight or earlier tomorrow morning.

Guests expected to speak during the Fan Festival:
          Hiromichi Tanaka - The Producer of Final Fantasy XI
          Kenichi Iwao - Story Planner on the Final Fantasy XI
          Mitsutoshi Gondai - Battle Team member of Final Fantasy XI and job designer for the two jobs in Wings of the Goddess. (Scholar and Dancer)
          Kouichi Ogawa - Director of Wings of the Goddess and Treasures of Aht Urhgan
          Akihiko Matsui - Battle Director of Final Fantasy XI
          Sage Sundi - Global Online Producer
          Last edited by KamuroIshigami; 11-16-2007, 10:05 AM.
          Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Re: Fan Festival Update - Tidbit 1

Well, that's a start.

Comment

Two! Two less questions, ah ah ah!

*thunder*

Comment

Yeah, that just leaves the "Why the hell did it really take you so long?" portion.
                Ellipses on Fenrir
                There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                  Two! Two less questions, ah ah ah!
                  *thunder*
                  dun dun dun, another one bites the dust!
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                    /puts up the "I told you so." sign.
                    There's less question to ask SE today.
                    Actually, if you could read, the question in the thread was, 'why now'. Raydeus just derailed it into when.
                    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                      Actually, if you could read, the question in the thread was, 'why now'. Raydeus just derailed it into when.
                      Wasn't it brought to their attention that 90% of PC users used the unofficial windower and from that point on they decided to make an official one for everyone and lower the risk of 3rd pt abuse and felt that the upgrades that come with the expansion would be the best time to install it?

So yea, windower questions = answered imo
                      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Re: Fan Festival Update - Tidbit 1

*spills drink*

O_O
                        The Tao of Ren
                        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                        Originally posted by Kaeko
                        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

While this is nice for newer players or people who worry to much about "getting caught", I don't think that many of the people that already use windowed mode will be that thrilled. There are too many other benefits of the "illegal" way to make it worth it. (And I'm not talking about botting, speed hacks, etc.)
                          Originally posted by Feba
                          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                          Originally posted by DakAttack
                          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                            While this is nice for newer players or people who worry to much about "getting caught", I don't think that many of the people that already use windowed mode will be that thrilled. There are too many other benefits of the "illegal" way to make it worth it. (And I'm not talking about botting, speed hacks, etc.)
                            I see this as being the case. I wonder if SE is going to put out more than just a windower mode, ie add other features as well. I doubt it, but I still wonder.

Also, what, if any, punishment will be for people now useing the NON-SE version as there is no OFFICIAL reason to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonastb View Post
                              I see this as being the case. I wonder if SE is going to put out more than just a windower mode, ie add other features as well. I doubt it, but I still wonder.
                              Also, what, if any, punishment will be for people now useing the NON-SE version as there is no OFFICIAL reason to use it.
                              My guess, no and none.

Comment

Working...
                              X