Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fan Fest 2.0!

Originally posted by Shadowneko View Post
    I can't seem to find details at the moment...
    <_< >_> You serious...?

Scheduled to take place from November 15th through the 17th (Thursday through Saturday)

Too bad it's in Cali again. =/ Would've loved to have it somewhere in Texas, although...it'd probably "be hot, extremely hot." For SE at least.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Taermus View Post
      It rains in California a lot during November
      Try a monsoon season somewhere with one. That, will teach you what is a lot of rain.

"Raining a lot in Southern California" means at most a few landslides--usually where there were previous landslides, but stupid people build there anyway and want the government to compensate them for putting a house on top of ancient landslides.

I live in Southern California. I haven't seen my umbrella in in three years or so. I do miss it ... once in a while.. >_>;
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast View Post
        Yeah I'll go again this year. I'll bring the flag from last year. err Banner.
        It sorta was a pain in the ass to drive to Santa Monica last year, I think Anaheim is further though. Ugh, it's gonna be like Anime Expo 2006 at the Anaheim Convention Center? (I didn't read the links through)
        Oh and hopefully, they will give out the nomad rods, since I got the moogle rod from last time, i want to dual wield the two rods lol XD
        nah dude, you'd just take the 57 south and you're in anaheim in like 20minutes. Also, I dont know why they said the anime expo is in anaheim... long beach convention center is in well.... long beach.

NT: yea, so..... are you still going? :p damn it!
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I wonder what kind of announcements they'll make this time.

Better yet, maybe the Dev Team will come through with most of their promises or the suggestions people gave them (Still waiting for that SMN update for avatars and DRK's scythe update...)
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
            I live in Southern California. I haven't seen my umbrella in in three years or so. I do miss it ... once in a while.. >_>;
            I remember it rained one time for several weeks on end, back in el nino, I think it was like 1998 or 97. Then there was a good one in December of 2004.
            I miss driving by a big puddle and splashing the poor pedestrians walking by. It literally rolled them over.

Originally posted by Omni View Post
            nah dude, you'd just take the 57 south and you're in anaheim in like 20minutes. Also, I dont know why they said the anime expo is in anaheim... long beach convention center is in well.... long beach.

NT: yea, so..... are you still going? :p damn it!
            I think nt's been playing WoW...? The Anime Expo WAS in Anaheim, but someone told me that "Man Faye" scared some old people away? (Shriners?) Long Beach was this year, 2007. I was there too.
            Hacked on 9/9/09
            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

drat! it would be cool if all the remora tarus could meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by KoukiRyu View Post
                <_< >_> You serious...?

only when I wrote that...since then I've done some invistagating in what it would take to get out there/when the fan fest takes place and if I get the plane tickets way in advance it'd cost me about $330 round trip to LAX....

That's without a hotel room and assmuning my boss lets me take off work....but I'd rather not make any requests/firm plans utill SE starts selling Tickets ^^

I might be able to get cheaper plane tickets since my little brother works for Airtran...but I'm not gonna bug him untill I decide to commit to it!
                Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                (have fun MMO players ^^)
                Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

It's nice to hear that they're finally moving the fest to something inside and something with a better interior. I saw some pics from the last fan fest where everyone was huddled under a giant tent with a couple of tables and computers and it looked terrible. XD

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast View Post
                    I remember it rained one time for several weeks on end, back in el nino, I think it was like 1998 or 97. Then there was a good one in December of 2004.
                    I miss driving by a big puddle and splashing the poor pedestrians walking by. It literally rolled them over.
                    I remember in Junior High, I used to take the school bus. Our Bus driver was an ass and every time we were on Olympic Blvd, he did that to the pedestrians standing too close. :D

Comment

We're moving to Oregon on August 9th, so if I can get my ID in time (or I could just convince one of my parents to drive me) I should be able to make it. I turned 18 just last Friday. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
                        I remember in Junior High, I used to take the school bus. Our Bus driver was an ass and every time we were on Olympic Blvd, he did that to the pedestrians standing too close. :D
                        lol, streets in the middle of LA always get really flooded. haha i can just picture the wall of water drenching ppl on the sidewalk.

Comment

Well, considering the N.A. HQ of SE is in Los Angeles, it would make sense to host the Fan Festival near there to save on travel costs for themselves. I look forward to the Fan Festival and I'll try to cover as much as I can.

I would all be for an East Coast Fan Festival if the humidity over there didn't suck so bad. Any humidity above 50% is generally not a good thing; I don't like walking through jello or a wall of rain, though I tolorate snow. Since we are on the track of coverage of events.... are there any particular things you, members/visitors, would like me to pay close attention on covering? Any changes in the way things are covered?

Though the choice of outlet of the news miffed me a little bit. =x
                          Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

you can see a life size cloud cardboard cut out when you drive by on sepulveda blvd. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by AKosygin View Post
                              I would all be for an East Coast Fan Festival if the humidity over there didn't suck so bad.
                              I don't see the problem. It's like being in a swimming pool when you go out to your car in the morning. Everybody likes swimming pools.
                              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

It's not as though the East Coast is consistently hot and humid year round. We have Seasons, you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X