Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chains of Promathia Battlefield Adjustments (05/18/2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chains of Promathia Battlefield Adjustments (05/18/2007)

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu dammit >.<

How long until the next version update, cause that means I have to rush through CoP to fight it while it's still remotely challenging to actually enjoy it. Exp isn't a reward to me, gaining exp, especially at endgame, is stupidly simple, so I never cared about that. And being able to buy these items is a step back imo because being prepared for a fight was part of the challenge.

I've done promie countless times, and have brought every job (except pup) and people so new that they attain lvl 30 for the first time *while* climbing the tower, they are not hard. They require some effort and attention, and a bit of luck, but they are not some giant impassible wall that only a few choice players could pass. The last thing I wanted was to see for CoP, an expansion that I enjoyed for what it was, to go the way of the RoZ missions, but that seems to be what's happening. But then again, I'mjust one person, what do I know.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by net.drifter View Post
      I compare these reactions to when SE changed the SMN fights to level 20 instead of having to have a job in the 60s. A lot of the old timer SMNs felt cheated like the right to a SMN was earned through leveling a job into the 60s first in order to do the Avatar fights. I dont think either should make people feel cheated.
      This isn't necessarily true. At least with the capped Avatar fights you had a choice as to whether or not you wanted to do it capped. Here you don't, and those who liked the challenge will be missing out on things they were looking forward to if this update makes things too easy. Yeah I know some of the fights will retain their difficulty. That's not the point. I don't want the experience of the missions altered until I've had a chance to experience it. I want to experience the missions the way it was initially intended. I also want to achieve the same kind of completion that my friends and LS mates did before me, but that's just me and I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way.

Some people actually *want* the difficulty. The more the better. As long as it's doable, damn all the complainers. Again, with the smn change they could still have lvl 60+ battles if they wanted. Here you don't have a choice in the difficulty setting-- which is why this is nowhere near like what happened to smn and it's gonna suck donkey butt if the game starts holding my hand like I'm a clingy, drunk date on prom night that can't find their way onto the curb in front of the car door.
      My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
      Originally posted by Balfree
      Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Well, here's the update for everyone thats whined and complained about COP being too hard or etc etc etc.

What else are they going to nerf now because people think its too hard?
        Next you know they're going to up the drop rate in dynamis just because too many people cry about it.
        You'll start seeing all the 2230984 nins running around in full koga like its nothing.

Seriously, wow-esque instant gratification mentality is seeping in.
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
          Well, here's the update for everyone thats whined and complained about COP being too hard or etc etc etc.
          What else are they going to nerf now because people think its too hard?
          Seriously, wow-esque instant gratification mentality is seeping in.
          Next on the list to nerf? Thinking. Now you can have less thoughts for more reward. No penalty for making a wrong decision in battle. You automatically receive HP for whatever damage you take from a wrong decision. Thinking about other things other than FFXI, like who between Hello Kitty and Ranbow Brite was most hardcore, will net you bonus exp.
          My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Im kinda mifffed about this, but im happy also.
            Im glad the Ex/rare properties are gonna be gone from those items.
            Im one of those people who can't play as much as I'd like anymore, so the toning down of some of the LATER BC's will help. However Ch 1-4 should be left alone and only minor changes to Ch5, snoll szar shoulda never been in there imho. His Fight is a complete wtf in terms of the storyline.

But I've beaten him, Took 1/1 too. Just needed good players, good strategy and we won. I do like getting rewarded for helping friends thru though.

So im a spinning coin on this issue, seeing both sides.
            It's Official Promathia Hates me....
            それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
            Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
            A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
              heh. Trying to get players that quit/lost their character back I guess.
              They won't get me.
              that's because your banned XD
              Originally posted by nanatsu View Post
              Next on the list to nerf? Thinking. Now you can have less thoughts for more reward. No penalty for making a wrong decision in battle. You automatically receive HP for whatever damage you take from a wrong decision. Thinking about other things other than FFXI, like who between Hello Kitty and Ranbow Brite was most hardcore, will net you bonus exp.
              Yay bots! That means no thinking right?

Now I can start mission 5 of CoP after the next update! All right!
              Sorry you guys all got shafted. I guess it's true that good things come to those that wait.
              I've been pretty much 1/1 on all my missions. Ouryu, Diabolos, all the 1-3's. I guess I went with a lot of veterans back then. I only lost exp trying to get Diabolos as an Avatar, and that doesn't even count as a CoP mission.
              Hacked on 9/9/09
              FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I think the rare.ex thing is kinda cool. It'll allow for getting to the mission sooner. I'm all for that, but difficulty shouldn't have been messed with.

I ran Snoll like 6 times and Airship 3 times. Pots 3 times and Promathia 2 times.

It was a pain in the ass but it was fun. It brings you closer to people because you struggle together.

I think this is the wrong move. SE is all about grouping and working together but making these battles easier will just make the game more and more casual.

Gosh, I can't wait for the next round of whining. Months from now people will still be complaining about not getting COP. They'll ask to be able to solo all missions. HA!

taru edit: why is jei banned? botting?

Comment

The overreacting in this thread is hilarious to me.

People were on thier hands and knees thanking SE in March for Ulli becoming a pop NM, thus, making sky easier.

Talk all you want about the RMT problem, had it not been RMT, many "legit" linkshells would have botted claim, MPK/Steal claim on Ulli and we all know that. Yet, those legit linkshells would talk about challenge, skill and how they earned their osodes and whatnot.

Sky is now easier now and who is complaining?

Nobody. They're getting their stuff now.

What people are complaining about here is access to an area. Hate to break it to you, but Sea is up to it gills in noobs who passed around their accounts or even loaned them to RMT outlets TO GET SEA ACCESS.

There are people who pass around their accounts so they can get Northlands access in Dynamis, I hope you're not going to rate these players over the ones who get sea access post-update because there are plently of so-called "experienced" players that got sea spoonfed to them.

They can argue they did it so everyone was on the "same page" as their HNMLS, but a cheat's a cheat and I got no respect for that.

I can't count the times I've been backstabbed, left behind or stalled because of trying to organize CoP missions. Organizing them was the most difficult part, getting people to humble themselves to go back and help others has been the challenge, in addition to getting over the frustration that ensues when you have to start a group over again.

CoPs biggest flaw was that it was overlong. Story is all well and good, travel is fine, but CoPs were so damned TIME-CONSUMING. That's what made them hard, that's what made it difficult for players to stick with a group.

I'm thankful for the change merely for the fact that getting two characters sea access will be much less of an obstacle and that I can look at planning both of their careers more evenly rather than shove one to the side since getting access for both would be a chore.

And honestly, I hate that CoPs made me not want to go back and help friends. I'm usually a person that wants to go back and help others, but CoPs left me with such a bad taste in my mouth that I never wanted to.

I actually enjoy the CoP zones themselves, hell, Pso'Xja, Bibiki Bay, Attowah Chasm and Riverne Site #0A1 are some places I've gone to EXP BST - CoP is BST Heaven.

But the hassles of R/E and organizing groups made me not want to deal with CoP otherwise. I only see this as all kinds of good since I like organizing and leading missions.

So yes, more noobs in sea, but there were plenty already (Wall of Justice, anyone? lolsash)

Originally posted by nanatsu View Post
                  Next on the list to nerf?
                  The chip on your shoulder?

Comment

The overreacting in this thread is hilarious to me.
                    That's pretty ironic coming from you.

Taru edit: to be fair I should elaborate briefly:

First off, sky is NOT the same as doing your CoP. That's a piss poor comparison.

Sky is about (lots of free) time and out claiming RMT/botting LSs. I dont know how you compare this to doing airship or doing promys.
                    Doing your COP missions is about getting people that work well together. You're not competing with anyone when you do your missions, it's just you and the game.

So saying that they made Sky easier is irrelevant.

Some more irony...
                    I can't count the times I've been backstabbed, left behind or stalled because of trying to organize CoP missions...
                    Last edited by Omni; 05-18-2007, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Hello Kitty is obviously more hardcore. Rainbow Brite doesn't have her own "massager."
                      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

The promys are such a pain to do that once people finish them, they generally try not to go back. As a result, some people (myself included) can't even get a group together to do these missions, let alone beat them. If this change means some of the older players will join pickup groups for promys I welcome it.

Everyone says how easy the promys are, but I wonder if they are helping people beat them? I suspect not. I also suspect that these people didn't think they were so easy until AFTER they had finished them. I am in the middle of trying to finish them and I sure don't think they are easy. If I finish CoP after the update I won't feel any less of a sense of accomplishment, and I will have enjoyed an aspect of this game that I might not have otherwise been able to, and that is why I play.
                        Main Jobs: DRG75 PLD56
                        Sub Jobs: WAR37, BLU37, SAM37, DRK46

Merits:
                        Angon (1) Deep Breathing (1) Empathy (2)
                        Polearm (6) Sword (2) Crit Hit % (2) MP (2)

Crafts:
                        Smithing (26.0), Clothcraft (59.8)

Mission Progress:
                        Bastok Rank 10, ZM 16, CoP 3-5
                        ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
                        WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Comment

That's pretty ironic coming from you.
                          Everything omgwtf says is either ironic or flat out nonsense.
                          Read my blog.
                          ffxibrp.livejournal.com
                          Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
                          Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

taru edit: why is jei banned? botting?
                            Not sure why he's banned. But I saw that thread a while back and he hopped to Vanguard, and now SOE controls Vanguard.
                            Hacked on 9/9/09
                            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                              I was actually just having a bit of fun, but whatever. If I had a chip on my shoulder you'd know it. Trust me. You would. And it wouldn't take Hello Kitty to let you know.

At any rate, I really can't say anything until I see how it turns out. It sounds bleah but it may only end up being meh and I guess I can handle meh. Meh is typically something you can ignore. I'm still going to rush through these missions as fast as I can and hopefully if I have enough done I won't have anything to complain about and you can go back to being upset because everyone isn't hurrah for the easy button. Might work on Staples commercials but I'm not that big a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                                Hello Kitty is obviously more hardcore. Rainbow Brite doesn't have her own "massager."
                                That's, um, kinda wrong.
                                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                                X