Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chains of Promathia Battlefield Adjustments (05/18/2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chains of Promathia Battlefield Adjustments (05/18/2007)

Linky: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...39/detail.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to many player requests, we are planning to adjust the difficulty of the Chains of Promathia missions in the upcoming version update, as well as introduce a new experience point reward upon the completion of a mission battlefield.
    • Adjustments to Difficulty
    Particularly challenging Chains of Promathia battlefields, such as those that appear in the Promyvion areas (Holla, Dem, Mea, Vahzl), and the missions "Flames for the Dead" and "The Warrior's Path", will have their difficulty level toned down. These adjustments will include changes to monster level and placement.
    We also hope that the following changes to items used specifically against Chains of Promathia enemies will encourage players to brave the dangers found in the mission battlefields.
    • Rare/Ex Properties
    The special items introduced for use against enemies found within the Chains of Promathia battlefields will have their "Ex" properties removed, allowing these items, such as psychoanima and mistmelt, to be put up for auction. Certain items will also have the "Rare" property removed, allowing players to carry multiples of the same item.
    • Experience Point Rewards
    After changes made in the March 8 version update, players no longer lose experience when being KO'd within a Chains of Promathia mission battlefield. In the upcoming version update, players will also be rewarded with experience points (or limit points) upon the successful completion of a battlefield. The experience point reward will be slightly less than the amount received for ENM quests, but it will be possible for players to obtain this new reward once every Earth day.

These changes will provide a tangible benefit for those who have completed a Chains of Promathia battlefield and wish to aid other players with their first attempts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is interesting. So they will tone down Promy fights, Snoll Tzar and Tenzen, but not Airship fight? Guess they want to leave one epic fight in.
    Feona - Leviathan Server - Bastok 10
    RDM75/BLU75/WHM58/etc.

Re: Chains of Promathia Battlefield Adjustments (05/18/2007)

Let me be the first to say WHAT THE FUCK

Comment

Let me be the first to say "I finished CoP when it were HARD."

Seriously - what the hell.....

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Eh Kirsteena, people were saying that after the first promy nerf. That's not what i'm talking about.

Comment

I didn't have a problem with the exp loss removal, but seriously. The hell?

Well, NO ONE has an excuse not to have Sea anymore, I guess. Geez.

Comment

I know im no where near done, but i found the fun of cop in the dificulty!

Hell the hardest part wasnt finding the members for 4.2 and yet that was still HARD, now everyones just going to swarm the missions for extra exp while getting everyone in the game the hard earned rewards!

Comment

I'm on CoP 5-3 atm, and I can see both sides to this change.

On one hand I'm a bit miffed I won't be able to take on the proper challenge that others have, I'm far enough through CoP to appreciate the accomplishments of beating the bosses without any kind of cheat. Perhaps our static can take on the Snoll before the update.

But I can see how this will help people that don't get quite as much time to play as I do, and have got despondent with CoP due to repeated failures at the spire bosses. I'm a regular ENM runner and usually invite a 7th person to join for the main boss with our ENM static so they can get Meadows access, and getting XP for that will be a nice bonus.

I still find the hardest part of any CoP mission is getting people you know together and ready to do them in the first place.

Muleable Anima will be a bonus too, thats 3 more space in my MH.

ps. Is there a rule on these forums about swearing? If so, any chance it could be enforced on the second post in this thread?

Comment

There isn't anything wrong with Feba's post.

Comment

There isn't anything wrong with Feba
                  Yup.

Comment

Let's not get carried away.

Comment

I think it is too late for that....

Seriously - if RMT can get sea without any problems, why can't anyone else? Oh well, I look forward to 5k ABCs.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                      "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I don't understand why they are toning down promys.
                        Thanks Kazuki.
                        Dragoon Equipment

Comment

This is stupid.

Very. Stupid.

Comment

Lame to the max. And while there may be many things wrong with Feba, that outburst was very much called for.

I want to get Sea, but damn, now it's not going to feel like an accomplishment.
                            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

The Rare/EX -> Rare change isn't a bad one, though, at least for animas.

Getting to people to show up with those is more tedious than the fighting and running. Now, I can just tell them "Make sure you buy all three!" Being able to move Mistmelts around LS members would be nice, too, since some people have leftovers and I don't know what the heck I'm showing up as for the next Ouryu run.

The exp reward is cool, but it's not a big deal since ToAU and exp rings make it pretty easy to replenish experience points. Heck, we don't even lose exp in CoP BC's anymore. If they really want people to help out others, however, they can just toss out some rewards; a couple bottles of Vile Elixir per BC/boss fight would do it, I think.

Nerfing Promyvion floors again is pretty silly, however... They aren't that hard to navigate--just takes patience.
                              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
                              X