X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Version Update (02/09/2007)

From the FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team
    Upcoming Version Update (02/09/2007)

The next FINAL FANTASY XI version update is scheduled to take place in early March.

We are currently working on implementing the long-awaited chocobo racing system, as well as new missions, quests, monsters, Assault areas, and more! Along with various system additions and improvements, we will also be raising the maximum level of the beastman armies in Besieged.

Further version update details will be released in an upcoming Topics article. Stay tuned!

Re: Upcoming Version Update (02/09/2007)

I bet a particular someone will wet their panties now that SE mentioned the next update! :D

Originally posted by Pawkeshup View Post
    Along with various system additions and improvements, we will also be raising the maximum level of the beastman armies in Besieged.
    Yikes!

Comment

wonder if they'll have a chocobo chick race

have the chicks follow you, but if you move to far away from the chick, he/she'll stop moving forward :D

Or better yet, Dirty chocobo racing xD

Players can either kick left or right depending on mouse button, in order to slow the other racers.

Heck while we are at it, lets get some useage out of Pebbles, if you have pebbles equip, you can throw them at chocos infront of you while racing to slow the lead choco down. Only 1 stack per race though

probably won't happen, but its nice to dream
      /em wave hand across chest

/s This is not the sig you are looking for. . .

Comment

New Assault areas excite me! !! That'd mean all new assault gear, new missions to do, and another way to get rank ups. +_+

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Yes. Does this tiny tidbit of news give the mods more than enough reason to close that thread bitching about not getting any info from SE? God, I hope so.

Comment

New Assault area has already been revealed, really, just not implemented yet - Nyzul Isle Staging point. New "Areas" sound like they could be new areas for existing assault zones.

No mention of adjustments for jobs yet to get them - like BST, BLM and MNK - unless that's what they mean by "system additions and improvements." SE kept the adjustments flowing rather well, if there isn't one on this update, that's rather disappointing. I consider the job adjustments a lot more important than chocobo racing.

New missions, mobs and possible level 7 besieged sound nice.
            Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 02-09-2007, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
              No mention of adjustments for jobs yet to get them - like BST, BLM and MNK - unless that's what they mean by "system additions and improvements." SE kept the adjustments flowing rather well, if there isn't one on this update, that's rather disappointing. I consider the job adjustments a lot more important than chocobo racing.
              One big change/addition at a time, and you're not the only player so what you consider more or less important is pretty much immaterial.
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I do hope SE dosn't go overboard with besieged though. As much as the higher monsters and better rewards sounds, if SE makes it to tough people might just let the beastmen take the Astral Candesence and prisoners then go get it back right after besieged.
                Originally posted by Ellipses
                Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                Originally posted by MCLV
                A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                More Sig:

Comment

I put 50k gil on my friend Kiora's chocobo. :D
                  ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Finally! ^ - ^ Thank you SE.

Now then, on to business; no mentioning of job updates makes me a sad panda ; . ; but who knows with SE. System add/improv usually deals with the interface of the game such as chat options and such... but again, you never know with SE.

So, anyone else scared sh*tless at the thought of lv 7 (or possibly higher?) Besieged? @ . @ dear god, methinks we're finally gonna see those HNMs of theirs in battle. And yay new missions! I wonder how much longer the Aht Urhgan story will go on.
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Doesnt anyone think those Beseige mobs and their AOE moves are just too much?

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        And yay new missions! I wonder how much longer the Aht Urhgan story will go on.

As long as its not like CoP I dont care how long they have the story drag on. I imagine there will be a showdown with the dark horseman, but I am in no rush to see the story end.

Also they didnt mention the coliseum.

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                          One big change/addition at a time, and you're not the only player so what you consider more or less important is pretty much immaterial.
                          Nice +1 post you made there, chock full of substance.

I don't think I'm alone in the fact that I'm breeding the umpteenth chocobo for best all around stats, to learn gallop or get the color chocobo I want as well. Racing definately could have waited longer given how complicated and lengthy the breeding system already is.

Chocobo Breeding is worthwhile in that you get personal transportation in most zones when you need it, but chocobo racing is pure fluffy filler content whether you're willing to admit it or not. The job adjustments are vastly more important, right up there with new missions, zones and endgame content. And I don't consider the latter that important at this point in the expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
                            I do hope SE dosn't go overboard with besieged though. As much as the higher monsters and better rewards sounds, if SE makes it to tough people might just let the beastmen take the Astral Candesence and prisoners then go get it back right after besieged.
                            I think some servers already do that. I think the rewards are actually better that way. Lakshmi is still far too proud of its undefeated besieged record to let it happen that way though. Not that I see anything wrong with that.

I'm glad they're upping the level of besieged. The level 6 attacks are actually way easier than level 5 ever was, thanks to the addition of temporary items and the nerfing of undead's AoE drain attacks. I don't think the gate to the hall of binding has been opened even once since then. People are getting sloppy or lazy, or deliberately letting generals fall to get time extensions for fighting the big NMs.
                            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Getting your point across without 18 paragraphs doesn't mean there isn't any substance to it.

Level 7 Besieged sounds fun. A little bit of a challenge will be nice for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X