Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment additions coming in Update

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...24/detail.html

"The following is a sample of some of the new items scheduled for release in this month's version update:

New Cooking Recipes
    1. Starlight Celebration cakes that affect the statuses of all nearby party members.
    2. A piping-hot Far Eastern soup traditionally eaten during New Year's celebrations.

New Equipment
    Here is a sneak peek at some of the new equipment that will be available:"

Sergeant Major
    75PLD | 75NIN | 50RNG | 40BST | 37WAR | 37RDM | 35THF | 26SAM | 22MNK |
    22DRG | 22DRK | 22WHM | 20BLM | 11COR | 13BRD | 10BLU | 08PUP | 01SMN |
    Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Re: Equipment additions coming in Update

All three of those are pretty awesome looking. I wonder if the one in the middle could be the long-awaited MNK JSE?
    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

I'm thinking it all may be alternatives to god gear, like the ToAU versions.

I am really hoping my NIN can wear that stuff in the middle. Really really hoping for that.
      Sergeant Major
      Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Comment

I like the one on the right. It looks kinda like a kilt... /em plays his bagpipes.
        FFXIV Balmung Server
        Tenro Matashi
        PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

What the Mithra has could be BLU JSE I suppose. I don't know about MNK JSE, those three gear sets look very ToAU specific.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

All of the new gear looks ToAU specific even though it isn't.

The durable crafts get nice stuff (Jaridah, Hades' Sainti). Alchemists get weapons no one wants and potions with umpteen expensive reagents that heal 3% of HP and MP. /sigh...

I almost forgot to mention Flan! Fortunately, it's hideously cheap to make, so selling it to the merchant for skillup eventually becomes rather fun.

Does anyone like Gold Algol, btw?

I'm crossing my fingers for higher tier potion recipes that don't involve HNM Drops or a new status potion (Amnesia Please) that can be put on arrowheads/daggers/etc.
            Last edited by Sabaron; 12-13-2006, 07:07 AM.

Comment

The set on the left looks rather Dark Knight-ish, so mebbie some JSE for them perhaps (although I don't know why they'd need more ), center looks like it'll be tagged NIN/MNK/SAM, and the right has the same V-line neck as the BLU AF, so perhaps BLU Relic? Dunno, but we'll find out once the patch hits, just like we always do.

Comment

Well, personally, I can see the first one being the "heavy melee" (WAR, DRK, PLD, DRG, possibly BST) armor, the second being the Eastern (MNK/NIN/SAM) armor, and the last being the mage or light melee (either THF/RNG/BLU/COR/PUP or WHM/BLM/RDM/BRD/SMN/BLU) depending on which it is.

Of course, this is most likely NOT everything they're adding. December Updates are always pretty big with regards to gear.

Comment

I also just noted that Kholdstare is most likely right on the nose with his assessment of a giant update. Notice the title of the post on PoL:

New Items Galore! (12/13/2006)

That seems to imply a relatively massive supply of new stuff. Besides, ToAU has thus far seemed a little light on new stuff. I'm actually almost giddy for something good. Although I haven't started levelling my mule's Leathercraft and support skills, and any major shakeups might make it impossible to do so as crafting supply markets balloon, and then I'll miss out on the frenzy of uber-expensive gear sales... Oh well... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Alchemy, but consumables need to be made from affordable reagents -not- crazy things like Guivre's Skull or Cerberbus Spit otherwise they're practically useless.

X-Potion Drops
                  Super Ether Drops
                  A usable supply of Movalpolos Water or substitute
                  A Healing potion made from Ameratat Vines
                  A useful crafted Elixir possibly involving Imp parts instead of dragon.
                  A new, low level bullet for COR.
                  A grenade that people will actually throw.
                  A status weapon with +'es that people will want to have.
                  Armor made from Cermet/Imperial Cermet/Super Cermet.
                  Something made from ebonite/polyflan besides puppet parts and cards that are available from vendor.
                  A Glass Sword ala Ultima (super-critical damage on WS, is destroyed upon use of WS, weak damage on regular attacks)

Some Anima recipes that are worth making (esp. in Alchemy)--e.g. an amulet or ring that gives En- spell not a weapon that's only useful for 3 levels...

I would also like to see more farmables
                  Last edited by Sabaron; 12-13-2006, 08:27 AM.

Comment

The DRK looking one is not super heavy armor so I think it will be a melee mage armor, that DRKs, RDMs and BLUs could wear. It kind of reminds me of Crimson set in the parrent weight.

The one on the right would be a welcomed set if PUP can wear it. I find PUP AF offensive to good taste.

Last edited by Rai; 12-13-2006, 08:20 AM.
                    Sergeant Major

Comment

I suppose that heavy isn't the term I'd like to use. You are right in that it's more akin to crimson and other scale mails. It's the heaviest that jobs like RDM and possibly DRG can use, but, depending on stats, is also useful for the jobs that can wear the big bad Hauberk type sets.

As for that set on the right, it just seems like a ToAU version of Doublet gear in terms of who can wear it.

Comment

yikes, check out this thread: http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?...=unread#unread

It shows the reskin job SE basically did. I like the looks of these new ones coming out so I don't care if they are old models reskinned. it's the stats that matter.

image credit goes to Enpsi of Asura
                        Sergeant Major

Comment

I like how half of the "new" ToAU mobs are pallette swaps, yet when they somewhat change armor models, someone has a fit.

Hell, ever look at the OLD armor in relation to one another? >.>;

If you want to get really bad, look at all the other FFs that have palette-swapped mobs.

I think recoloring AF is the least of anyone's concerns, and considering how trivial an issue it is to begin with... yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Rai View Post
                            yikes, check out this thread: http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?...=unread#unread
                            It shows the reskin job SE basically did. I like the looks of these new ones coming out so I don't care if they are old models reskinned. it's the stats that matter.
                            image credit goes to Enpsi of Asura
                            Basically, i'd love to have some good blu JSE and perhaps some BLU items like rings and earings and such.
                            The three new jobs dont really have anything outside of a few weapons and AF tailored to them. Maybe this will change it somewhat.
                            It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                            それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                            Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                            A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

the "yikes" was more for the fact I'd link to a KI thread than it was about the re-skin.

As informative as KI can be it often leaves me feeling dirty after going there.
                              Sergeant Major

Comment

Working...
                              X