Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yet again, PoL update~More Chocobo Raising

Originally posted by Feba
    I don't recall SE ever saying they wouldn't be ridable, when was this?

I remember at Fan Fest, someone asked if they'd be able to summon chocobos, and they said something to the effect of "We'll think about it. E-mail us if you want it to happen"
    This was covered in another news thread about Chocobo Breeding. A link was provided to a comment with the producer of FFXI about ToAU, I believe. He stated that it would unbalance the game to call your chocobo and that they were not going to do away with the chocobo stables. I guess they've went the middle ground by making your chocobo summonable but yet there will be a time limit. Either way, they changed their tune and the masses rejoice!
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
      This was covered in another news thread about Chocobo Breeding. A link was provided to a comment with the producer of FFXI about ToAU, I believe. He stated that it would unbalance the game to call your chocobo and that they were not going to do away with the chocobo stables. I guess they've went the middle ground by making your chocobo summonable but yet there will be a time limit. Either way, they changed their tune and the masses rejoice!
      thank Altana for that ... /smacks Promathia.
      It's Official Promathia Hates me....
      それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
      Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
      A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

I would simply like to have melee combat while on a chocobo. I could accept either the usage of a spear, sword. or ranged weapons. But I believe that would require a different job class, or missions and quests requiring a different game play style.
        75PLD 42RNG 41WAR 41WHM 32THF 49NIN 35SAM 37BLM 20SMN 35DRG
        Rank 7 Windurst

http://www.virtus-asura.com

Comment

Oh man... how am I ever going to decide which one I want...

I want to race... so speed > all. Then, again, I dig so the one that gives you better results would be awesome. Then, again, riding around on a black destier would be awesome...
          The last remaining evil white mage on Ramuh.
          Killing tanks since 2004

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
          "I can picture in my mind a world without war,
          a world without hate.
          And I can picture us attacking that world,
          because they'd never expect it."

Comment

anyone ever notice they make everything from sandy better then other areas??

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja
              Totally. Except the music, layout, NPCs, and players.
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja
                Not quite. From the sounds it, yes, but keep in mind that Sandy was the first place t domesticate chocobos. Now, for a translation, it seems that the bastokian ones will be ridable longer, that fast sandy one faster, etc... they just seme diffrent.
                Originally posted by Ellipses
                Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                Originally posted by MCLV
                A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                More Sig:

Comment

San d'Oria was most likely the first town to be designed.. Thus why the first armor in the game (Leather Armor) is leather, why the "beta zone" in .dat files looks like San d'Oria, why they get NPCs running around. It would also explain why ronfaure was the only area theme composed by Uematsu.

The very first beta screens which were accurate to the final version, as far as I know, were of characters in leather armor in San d'Oria.

Another remnant of early beta, if you look behind the Bastok Market's AH you can see the monorail system which was originally a source of travel, before the idea of Airships came about.

Comment

If SE is really cool, they'll let my Elvaan character raise and ride a Jennet.

I'm really excited that we will be able to call them and ride them. I just hope the recall time isn't ridiculously high.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses
                      Totally. Except the music, layout, NPCs, and players.
                      Hey! I resemble that comment!~

Sandy just feels like home to me. I've played a Windurstian and Bastokan character as well, but I never feel quite as "right" as when I'm in Ronfaure or Sandoria.

Also, we made those kickass armored Chocobos, so I feel a bit of national pride because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                        I am amazed they did a total flip on their stance on riding them! Did they actually listen to the public outcry?? {Hmmm.}
                        Blue mage, pirate job, refreshed paladins...

Ofcourse its fanservice.

We love it!

Originally posted by Caspian
                        I only have one other thing to say:

WARK!
                        SPAMMER!

Double Post Edited:
                        W00rk?
                        Last edited by Balfree; 06-19-2006, 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I want a Palfrey, its a pity the description made them sound like chocos for newbies
                          MisterCookie: Alla refugee since May 2006

MisterCookie: Writing poor signatures since January 1999

http://www.songbirdnest.com - OSS Media Player

Comment

Dude that is great news COME ON UPDATE!!!!!!!
                            I fire up the grill.

Lighter fluid, lighter fluid, lighter fluid.

[GM]Dave>> FIRAGA III!!!

I pretend not to notice Susan shaking her head as I throw the match

Originally posted by Mog
                            holy shit, apparently crazy is contageous. I turned his brain into the mind of a bulldog! nOO!!

Comment

Good news: The altered speed, riding time, chocobo digging, and look to make the chocobo look unique from others sounds unbelievably awesome.

Bad news: All those unique traits are really going to bum me out whenever the chocobo leaves and I have to raise a new one.
                              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

At the end of the update is a scene of Raminel and an NPC in San'doria with a chococobo sitting next to them. The quest probably starts or takes you through the area.

Chocobos will probably have three stats similar to Str, Vit, and Agi. Str increases the beak and improves digging, Vit thickens the legs(guess) and improves duration, and Agi increases height and improves speed. These are all just guesses.

Comment

Working...
                                X