This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Expansion Pack Revealed.

Um... so will all Blue Mage parties be called "Bumburn"?

lolz....

Sig is CLF and his gilseller buddies fighting Serket, CLF was tanking.

Rank missions: Complete
    Zilart: Complete
    Promathia: Complete
    Treasure:Complete
    Whm75,Rdm75,Blm75,Smn75,Brd75,Dnc75,Cor75,War65,Drg57,Blu56,Thf37,Rng37,Nin37,Sam37,Bst29
    Woodworking100+3 Alchemy100+2 Bone100+3 Cooking100+2 Leather86+1 Gold72+2

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
      It will be beta tested on the 360 at its launch. You will find registration details with your 360. No announcement has been made, to my knowlege, of any other system beta testing. I'm sure after a few weeks they will open it up though so they can stress test.
      They didn't Beta test either of the previous expansions prior to their release, why begin with this one?

Comment

Originally posted by kuu
        doushi is usually used as a disciple, a user.

redmage is red magic disciple.

It's more correct to use doushi, then tsukai because doushi implies they are of a certain, sect, clan, or order, in this case a specific "Class"

Then a combination of chinese and western fantasy roots, where a mage is not a master, magus, or whatever, but a lower, or normal rank of the society, is convient for ff ideals. So rather then mahou tsukai (magic user) mahou doushi(magic disciple) feels more natural.

shorten that, and it's madoushi.

The reason it got auto-translated to magic taoist, is obvious, since doushi is of chinese roots.

And they'res your JP lesson for today lol
        joo iz corr3ct..orz
        It's Official Promathia Hates me....
        それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
        Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
        A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

maybe they have BC for full ally like Divine might but add more spice to it only a certain number of max particular job is allow like 3 rdm 2 blm 2 nin 2 pld 2 mnk and so on.
          Why is that so? so people cant get it pass easy like mana burn pt etc
          This really will need a good team work and skill to get pass lol
          Coming to think of this when i do my divine might bc is so tough that we really need to plan and act according to it and make changes as and when during the fight to win it

Comment

Originally posted by Nodachi
            They didn't Beta test either of the previous expansions prior to their release, why begin with this one?
            Incorrect. With the NA beta you could acquire the RoZ expansion. They will probably do the same with this one.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by JeanRC
              maybe they have BC for full ally like Divine might but add more spice to it only a certain number of max particular job is allow like 3 rdm 2 blm 2 nin 2 pld 2 mnk and so on.
              Why is that so? so people cant get it pass easy like mana burn pt etc
              This really will need a good team work and skill to get pass lol
              Coming to think of this when i do my divine might bc is so tough that we really need to plan and act according to it and make changes as and when during the fight to win it
              They should have three new jobs total so you'd need a full alliance with one of each job...that would be a real battle...

Then again...with no Thundaga, a lot of people would be lost...
              Hi.
              THF/51
              SAM/50
              WAR/32
              MNK/22
              NIN/16
              BST/10
              RNG/8

Comment

Incorrect. With the NA beta you could acquire the RoZ expansion. They will probably do the same with this one.
                True, but they have never had a beta test strictly for testing expansion content such as say, Mythic who has a special beta test for new expansions and significant content updates.

Comment

Hmm explain to me what RoZ stands for please.

We were already playing Zilart before NA even got to beta XI. And it was the first expansion. And I don't remember CoP being beta'd at all.

Comment

RoZ is Rise of Zilart. The NA beta did not include it and it was not beta tested for the NA until near the end of the beta. Yes the JP version was already out but the localization was still tested with the NA beta.
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

yea, you had to be past level 40 IIRC to gain access in the beta
                      (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Antiguy
                        They should have three new jobs total so you'd need a full alliance with one of each job...that would be a real battle...

Then again...with no Thundaga, a lot of people would be lost...
                        Thad be cool but id feel sorry for the WHM having to spam curega by himself .

Comment

you know what i think? SE needs to stop adding un-needed things and maybe think about making the game more stream-lined and easier for newcomers to get into.up the XP x2 times hell even x3 , make the game more soloable and not dependant on other people 95% of the time(please don't flame me saying "it's an mmo, you have to interact with other people!! etc etc.)i mean it gets really annoying when you have to wait hours to get into a party.FFXI is the only reason i'm still playing MMOs, there are a few wich im looking forward to but for the time being i can only depend on FFXI to keep me interested.I mean come on is it too hard to make the game more enjoyable?

ps.don't get me wrong i like the idea of new jobs etc etc.but how about fixing more important things like balance in ballista? or adding a real PvP arena? any blackmage can dominate ballista.really...it's sad.

Comment

So...you want it to be like WoW with catgirls?

Blm's don't own balista. The only real thing they are good at is catch you off guard. You can even sprint in and out of their spell and squish them if you're fast.
                            Last edited by kuu; 09-19-2005, 07:12 PM.

Comment

or WoW w/o Leeroy?

I know myself and many others find the game to already be very enjoyable. If I wanted to play a game where everything was soloable and xp was easier to get, I'd play an offline RPG and use the computer to just chat on AIM or something. Granted, FFXI isnt perfect, but when I find the game that is I'll be sure and let everyone know.
                              I'm also not entirely sure how'd you go about balancing the game so that DRG's and DRK's are nolonger perceived as inept. I realize that they're very useful, but the overall mindset of the population is that they arent as useful as other jobs. How do you make them good enough to be more useful and make it noticable enough so that the population will start to realize it, while not making them so powerful that all the other jobs start to take a backseat to them? Fixing a few inaccuracies is one thing, but changing the mindset of 30k people takes more than a monthly patch fix.
                              If you really want to be able to xp solo, then lvl BST. Plus, they upped the xp rewarded for EM's and lower so you'll have that going for you too.
                              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by kuu
                                So...you want it to be like WoW with catgirls?

Blm's don't own balista. The only real thing they are good at is catch you off guard. Besides that they're pushovers, you can even sprint in and out of their spell and squish them if you're fast.
                                So let me get this straight, if SE makes the game a tad easier and balance out Ballista(or add a PvP arena) the game becomes a wow clone? Ok.

and by the way just to let you know not everyone can spend 5hrs a day playing an MMO(wich 2hrs out of those 5 are spent sitting in Jeuno waiting for a party and another hour for planning and the 2hrs left you only gain 30% exp).

Comment

Working...
                                X